Current time: 05-29-2024, 10:12 AM
The Last Ravens: Answering The Call
Part 2 of 3
Disclaimers: I don't own AC, nor any of the characters. I do like to think I own the name Evangel and that From Software stole it from me and gave it to a pilot in the games who didn't deserve it. So the Evangel from NX/LR that you know, doesn't exist. also, this is Heavenfall[the REWRITE!], just...without that name. there's another fic writer(who I respect and admire very much) that had that name for a fic long before I did, so I will not be using it.

A yellow white, and blue machine the size of a three-story building dashed forward to a group of smaller, brown machines.

“What the...? AC detected!? Guys, get it!” was the immediate response from one of the smaller machines.

The yellow machine, an Armored Core, drifted in between their fire. It raised it's two guns and laid down heavy fire against them, running behind and beside the machines. Their targeting systems seemed a bit too slow to keep up, occasionally missing altogether or even hitting each other. When the last one had fallen, the pilot of the machine looked at the top left corner of the screen inside the machine.

“93% of AP left...not bad for five MT's. On to the next group...” was his response to reading the information.

He had just made it to two more groups when two of the smaller Muscle Tracers were hit by a projectile from an unknown force.

“What?!?? ANOTHER AC?!? Shit...Spl-” was the only reply that came before a third was destroyed.

Turning his attention to the other group of MT's, the pilot of the yellow AC made short work of them before turning to look at the smoking pile of scrap metal that had come of the second group. A red and black Armored Core, this one slightly bigger than the yellow one, boosted next to it.

“Evangel, I'll head to Sector A-9 and finish up there. You need to head back or can you handle the generators?” the pilot of the red AC asked

“Nah Notoria, I can get the generators. I haven't used my rockets, and I've got...78% of AP left, I'll be fine.” was the yellow machine's pilot's reply.

With that, the two mecha's split, one heading toward a green door marked A-9, the other towards an industrial-size elevator shaft. The yellow AC boosted down into the elevator shaft, watching progress on his map and counting the seconds before the pilot tapped a command for boosting, slowing his progress until he floated in front of the generator room's doors. He tapped in another command at the top of the board for opening the door.

“Cannot unlock gate” was the AC's reply.

The pilot swiped across the board's left side, switching to his medium size rockets before launching two at the door, blowing it to pieces. The AC flew into the room and quickly dispatched all of the eight generators before flying out and up, reaching the room where he was before.He quickly exited the facility and made it to the exit point marked on his map.

“Heh, what took you so long E?” was the red AC's pilot, Notoria, question when the yellow AC came into view.

“Huh? Oh nothing, just had to fix a slight door problem that Crest was having on their generator room,” was the yellow AC's pilot, Evangel, only reply, albeit with a slight smirk on his face.

“Well alright then, haha” was Notoria's response. “Guess it's time to head home then”

The two AC's boarded a large grey transport ship as both of their AC's chimed in with a simple “Mission Accomplished, returning to base.” Little did they know, a black and dark green AC was watching them just outside of the area with it's Eye2 cam.

“Yeah...they're good. Real good. What you saw was barely a taste of what I've heard of these two...no wonder HE spoke so highly of them...nah, I'm heading back to base now. See ya then, Raven”

Author's Note: I'm going to be gone next week, from this sunday till next sunday, but the ideas will stew in my head till then. this was just a taste Smile also, I'm sure you wondered how Evangel's method of controlling his AC is different from what you've envisioned in an AC, and there's a reason for that. more to come on how it works in later chapters.

also, this is Part 2 of a 3 part series, part 1 of which is Calm Before (the) Storm(which is a prequel, really), and Part 3 of which you will definitely learn about another time.
ಠ_ಠ

Messages In This Thread
The Last Ravens: Answering The Call - by strawhat_luffy - 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM