Final Fantasy XIII
so any PRO BRO TIPS FROM SNOWBRO?

ok here goes...
"are you at the linear part of the game BRO?"
"are you broke?"
*clench fist clap*
"no problem bro"
"always get 5 stars and sell your shitty components like "incentive" chips bro"

oh doctor's code * is so helpful for full offense maintenance.
pesky enemies who continue to fight even when staggered i usually use cancel my attacks and make sure that the enemy is HIGH *juggled*and sometimes myself as well....so it doesn't fight...

I am still working my way up to the non-linear part. i like the game. the battle system is good and aiming for 5 stars makes it better. if you're casual then no stars for you but you will probably zzzzz while you play lol. anyway, voice acting is solid and no wonder it got delayed since there was lip sync and with it some expressions as well...

Questions....
>what part of the game are you?
>any PRO BRO TIPS?
>how is your battle tempo control? ---- i usually open up with *relentless assaulst* then shift to BUFF and PUFF mode....then maintain offense...then, quick shift to COM COM MED....then back to relentless all throughout with only potions for heal.
>HOW MANY HOURS? in the GAME and LOST because of PLAYING THE GAME lol.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
As much as i want to play, time is really against me. I haven't really gotten all that far into the game at this point. What i remember is that i got past the Dreadnought boss somewhere in Chapter Four and am trying to collect components for upgrading the group's weapons. My party currently consists of Sazh, Lightning and Vanille.

At this point, i'm using SYN/COM/MED to start battles, then switch to RAV/COM/MED or RAV/COM/SAB when the other two have been buffed. Once a foe becomes staggered, i immediately switch to RAV/COM/RAV to finish them off.

I'll now be dedicating my two off days to making more progress. Big grin

Question - has anyone seen those two guys named Biggs and Wedge already? Are they even in this game?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
haven't seen em. i'm in the part where the party comes together, i think i'm near the non-linear part.
i guess they made the game linear enough at the start for people to sync in properly with the battle system.
i can totally relate to different paradigm shifts as different modes of consciousness. well sorta...because you have to think differently and FOCUS...lol on certain tasks...much like in the kitchen...oh wait...logic connection...non-linear. =D

i love how the japanese made the pope + army just like old times.... =O
LOL!!!!!!! i love the air time juggles in the game! It is really possible to keep the enemy HIGH in the air the whole time it is staggered...even getting close calls when the enemy is about to touch the ground i cancel certain moves and execute to AIR spells to boost HIGHtime of staggered dude.

when you get to the part where the game opens up enabling everyone to learn any job they want...yea that part, you will encounter Juggernauts ===red centaur mechas...those are so juicy to juggle =D
i ambush one and juggle it after it is staggered...

i enter battle with Ruthless paradigm com/rav/syn staggering it easily as it is ambushed then shift to Bully -Com/sab/syn for about 3 seconds while it is in the air. And as Light's attack is about to end i already qued Tri-Disaster - Rav/rav/rav....then that up to dead...it's HIGH in the air. 5 stars. I wished they allowed saved replays =/

i use Light/Hope/Vanille
oh yea, my mindset for the battleflow of the game is for an ambush attack...so i stagger the enemy with a combo of com/rav while geting buffed with protect as the enemy is launched in the air.....shift to Bully which weakens the enemy*Sab* and BUFFs & Puffs*Syn* while the enemy is HIGH in the air...getting massive damage from Light equiped with +100 str *2 Brawler equips*....then finished off with Tri Disaster...

what i love is the flow of the spells that i expect to happen and buffs i expect to get and what debuffs the enemies get....i can usually monitor and predict if it's only 1 target, but sometimes the action is just WTF so fast that i go with the flow and in the moment of the battle loving it. like service in the kitchen.

after ranting/break/toke going back to the game now!
XD
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

just got the game yesterday, and yes, the games is awesome, but i don't know, i think it's not that challenging, you know, an arrow on the map the points to your destination, no need to press X when talking to people, lack of towns, party is fully healed after every battle, and a single potion heals all party members and it doesn't affect your ATB gauge. Glare

but don't get me wrong people, i'm a FF fan and i still love this game!!
I can't remember which site (Sankaku Complex possibly) but i remember reading that Square Enix decided to do away with towns for this installment because they wanted to focus on the story, saying that the towns would just distract from the pace of the game. It also had something to do with rendering all those towns in HD because it would be such a huge chore.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
kinda made sense now how the story flowed and yea towns would've distracted and felt awkward. i'm glad they nailed the voice acting. oh and lol at Cid/Seymour*FFX* getting juggled the whole time XD

the game isn't challenging if your aim is to just kill the opponent, seriously it's so easy to win. But aim for 5 Stars and that will make you appreciate how complicated the flow of the battle is. THey could've made it even better or more complex with team swapping and paradigm shift *sets* but i guess that would be too complex to carry out...or they didn't think of that.

so to sum up...aim HIGH and get 5 stars! keep enemy HIGH up in the air with combos and if you can...
stay High as well. =D
i'm at chapter 10 right now, i think i'm really near the "open world" part since i have access to all jobs for all characters....
i have yet to gain access to:

choosing party leader.
CHOCOBOS
MISSIONS!!!!
MASSIVE MAP!

20+ hours...so yea i guess the reviews are right about the length, about 30 hours more or less for the linear part of the game. The beginning was like (-____-) seriously? Lol noob...wtf is this....then later it speeds up *hours* then when you get to the point where the bosses are High up in the air....getting massive damage...i appreciate now how the whole experince unfolded. Still, i would trade FF13 for 14 anyday. =D
Alright!!! Finally! Oh wow! The part where you enter the 'open world' part....wow!!! adic mode!!!! awesome CG i wasn't expecting that quality of in game cutscene as well...and OH SHIIIIIIIII the enemies!!!!

ok...i might be rambling to air right now, but you will get there.....or you're there already? =O

anyway, just toke...yes toke a break, and wanted to rant like a baked potato here. Clocked in @ 24hrs ++minutes....."Home Sweet home" welcome to Gran Pulse....Terra Incognito

yes sir hempire, you're absolutely right, i'm also aiming for the 5 stars, hehe, i just played the game for the first 2hrs. i'm still not finished with star ocean. minamadali ko na. haha! just another nit pick at FF13... no victory theme. haha!
I'm still at Chapter Nine but i've put in about twenty-three hours worth of gameplay already. There's this sweet open-air spot near a save point that's got a lot of quick-respawning enemies that drop a lot of nice components for upgrading. I think i'll stay here for a bit to farm more loot. LOL
yea i remember that, yep, farm away! What's your team and play style?

Mine is Buff and Puff team. =D
Light, Hope, Sazh
i usually open with 'all for one' com/syn/syn then build up buffs fast...switch to diversity com/rav/med then either relentless com/rav/rav....or tri-disaster rav/rav/rav...to stagger...then when staggered i keep them HIGH in the air for as long as possible....even past staggered point....just don't use attack but rather, ruin.

At the moment, i'm using Light, Hope and Fang in a RAV/RAV/COM starter set for quick staggering, then switch to COM/RAV/COM to finish the mobs off quick.

Oh yeah, and the name of the area is the Starboard Weather Deck. One of the few spots during the linear part that is a pretty good area for grinding and farming.
Picture taking time with Vanille LOL

All these are from ingame graphics. One of the things I'm most impressed with is the draw distance. On the first picture, notice the treasure chest and monster the near the bottom right of the screen.

[Image: th_IMG_0089.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_0092.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_0093.jpg]

In terms of parties, I use Hope/Vanille/Fang, Lightning/Vanille/Fang, Hope/Lightning/Fang

[Image: Lightning_and_Serah_by_the_sparkling_light.png]

I noticed that the more you look at Serah, the cuter -Lightning- gets LOL
Finally managed to make a bit more progress after not being able to play for a couple of days. Was able to make it to Chapter Eleven after grinding for a few hours on the Palamecia's bridgeway for credit chips and going through the maze that was the Fifth Ark. I then saw the Archylte Steppes for the first time. So huge... so overwhelming. Blink

I think i'll stop with the main story for now and spend the next several sessions in this area. Happy
enjoy =D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie...tasy-Types

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/08/final-fantas...-miss-2011
http://www.ffworld.com/?page=image&image..._11/01.jpg

http://www.ffworld.com/?page=image&image..._11/02.jpg

Serah is the main character for the next series

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Mjting 7 8,988 06-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Final Fantasy Versus XIII atdsutm 9 13,641 08-02-2012, 05:12 AM