Current time: 05-19-2024, 10:26 AM
Resident Evil Extinction
Saw it last saturday after my shift. Maybe i was just a bit too tired or maybe i was expecting too much but i was kinda disappointed. Too much deviation from the games that it seems its become just another zombie movie that incidentally uses characters derived from the games.

At least the ending seems to hint at more things to come.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Got it on the DL queue currently. Is it really a disappointment? Because if it is I won't bother with it anymore, I'll stick to watching Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack in the original Ocean's Eleven.
Since when did we really get a good video game movie... The only thing i'm interested with this series is the soundtrack.

Ang nagustuhan ko lang na video game movie ay yung Mortal Kombat.
Too much sci-fi stuff in there for me, the creepines and general suspense that i'd come to expect from the RE series just wasn't alive at all (pardon he pun). I'm not gonna be doing any spoilers but just after the opening, i was all "What the feth!?". Plus, it seems that characters from the earlier movies all die too easily. That, and the movie did get kinda predictable.

J.E did say it best. There are too few game-derived movies that really do work. Sadly, this one isn't one of them. The movie in itself is okay but it doesn't quite seem worthy of sporting the name "Resident Evil".
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
So what's next after Afterlife? Rebirth? Reincarnation? ETERNITY? GOD MODE?
Extinction was kinda decent compared to it's predecessors tbh...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Vz9uDakiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7Vz9uDakiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
I'll ask the same question a lot of other people may be asking ... what happened to the army of Alice's? I only see 2 maybe 3. Or they went with the "Prinny Can I really be a Hero" route here?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Some sort of cloning defect that causes them to age prematurely and die after a few months possibly?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resident Evil: Degeneration maitreya 6 7,226 02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Last Post: hisuka
  Resident Evil: Degeneration Twin-Skies 3 4,883 08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  evil dead 4 / army of darkness II otakuwarren 44 34,735 08-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Last Post: otakuwarren