Current time: 04-29-2024, 01:34 PM
LR: Sniper rifles
you now snipers would have been great if stealth was introduced in whole to AC ... IMO ... that is the life and blood of sniping hitting far, fast and hard even before the enemy see's you

the only translation was the dual back stleath unit from MoA and I heard from you guys there was something like it in the following games ... dunno...

the only way this can be translated to LR is by a very thought about paint job, no radar battle, and ecm ...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

in my view... sniper rifles are used not just for their RANGE, but also for their PROJECTILE VELOCITY/SPEED... hehehe LOL

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
<!--QuoteBegin-Moonlight_Raven+August 12, 2007 10:41 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Moonlight_Raven @ August 12, 2007 10:41 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> in my view... sniper rifles are used not just for their RANGE, but also for their PROJECTILE VELOCITY/SPEED... hehehe LOL

=^.^= [/quote:155e40ceec]
Yep.

Actually, the title of this thread is a bit misleading... I created this one back when LR was still pretty brand new, and the power of the RS was not yet fully recognized. Things are a bit different now though.

Just to clarify, my previous post was mainly on the overall instability of the game mechanics that From keeps putting into the game itself. I mean I understand that the same parts will have different stats over every game, but in general there should still be a measuring stick as to how AC's mechanics (movement, machine guns, snipers, heat, acceptance for a variety of playing styles, etc.) should be. Right now I can say that that game for me is really AA.
In LR, they chew parts if they are combined with the right weapon.

And yeah, in Mid range combat, they are harder to avoid than the other weapons (velocity)
[Image: nines.jpg]
i personally love snipers, with almost nothing in second by a long shot, and all i've ever played with are LW's.

i tend to play bipeds the most, abusing the super take off, and easy control, but i like light quads too. never really got into RJ, and i love hovers for their great synergy with long range tactics and speed boosting.

i've never tried a heavy sniper, simply because that doesnt even sound like a good idea... not to mention i fought one online once.. ran circles around him and tapped him with the fenrir like 5-6 times ftw lol.
Well, sniper rifles+handguns work for tanks and quads. Tongue
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
I use sniper rifles when the space allows it,I love blowing down gushawks form the other side of the field and all,but they arent much good against an enemy AC especially in confined areas.Go against rim fire witha sniper rifle and guess what will happen to you?

You: Bang.......Bang...........Bang
Rim Fire:BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG POW BANG KABOOM BANG POW CRUSH KILL DESTROY!!!!!!! *You die*

In short sniper rifles arent much good against anything other then flying fodder.
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
(09-28-2008, 03:05 AM)Tadakatsu1Honda Wrote: Go against rim fire witha sniper rifle and guess what will happen to you?

You: Bang.......Bang...........Bang
Rim Fire:BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG POW BANG KABOOM BANG POW CRUSH KILL DESTROY!!!!!!! *You die*

In short sniper rifles arent much good against anything other then flying fodder.

That's because you're attacking in Rim Fire's range. Don't. You're using a sniper rifle exactly for the range it affords you.
RS and the lefty RS with Volute work out well for me. the other longer range FCS are nice but they fail if i have some WS weapons under the 2 sniper rifles.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laser Rifles Goat 8 8,430 01-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Iguana