Current time: 05-17-2024, 10:50 AM
Tekken + New Street Fighter Movie
The question here I think is how badly both movies are going to suck, given the track record on video games turned into movies.

So far!

On Tekken: Helming the film will be Dwight Little, director of Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid, Steven Seagal's Marked for Death, and Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home

On SF: Kristen Kreuk will be Chun-Li.

Tekken Movie information link.

Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li link.

Alternate wiki links:

Tekken.

SF: Chun-li
. (under film and animation)
Hrm... shall we start placing wagers on which will suck the most: Street Fighter, Tekken, Dragon Ball, or Speed Racer.
I'll start placing wagers on how many people are going to see SF just because its Kristin Kreuk.

And how many fanboys are going to hate it because it's not canon/faithful/good. LOL
So, when's a Soul Caliber movie coming out? Another Mortal Kombat? Killer Instinct? Final Fight? Clayfighter? (street fighter the later years part 7 Tongue)
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
http://kotaku.com/gaming/spinning-biel-k...258704.php

Jessica Biel is apparently among the top choices to play Chun in the movie now. That has to be the worst casting job ever if it turns out to be true. >_<

http://www.anaparsons.com/ - This is the girl that played Chun in the Street Fighter: The Later Years movies. She's not exactly OMGSHESHOULDPLAYCHUNLI material, but at least she CAN LOOK the damn part.
Jessica Biel?!? WTF?!?

That's like that Caucasian guy in "Kung Fu" playing a Shaolin monk. Sleep

At least get someone that's actually Asian. Like maybe Maggie Q or Zhang Ziyi.

EDIT:
[Image: 340714820_6cc7faa0a5.jpg]

Please let it be Maggie Q. -_-
maitreya Wrote:So, when's a Soul Caliber movie coming out? Another Mortal Kombat? Killer Instinct? Final Fight? Clayfighter? (street fighter the later years part 7 Tongue)

I'd like to see a KI movie made. It'd be interesting see how Glacius and Cinder will look like as CG-characters.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
***BREAKING NEWS***
***PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***

DO NOT F*CKING WATCH STREET FIGHTER:
THE LEGEND OF CHUN-LI

Rick paid for my ticket, so I got in for free but it was absolutely-god-awful-TERRIBLY HORRIBLE.

...It was so bad it makes Van Damme's Guile look like GSP when he beat Penn.

I was laughing so much at the bad acting it made my face hurt.
Rick got very annoyed while watching it. On the way out he told me (quite loudly) that he was VERY ANNOYED!!! Specially because he paid for our tickets! It's good I promised him a burger before watching, and that I told him to -expect the worst-.

Well, IT WAS WORSE THAN THE WORST!!! It's probably the most horrible film I've had to watch at a movie theater (the Japanese film Koizora was worse).

AGAIN, DO NOT WATCH. Instead, go buy Starbucks/Mcdo and treat yourself+significant other or donate it to charity, or just go read a dictionary!!!! IT'S THAT BAD.

Actually it was funny for me and painful for Rick. Just get a pirated copy. So, so, so, bad.
WARNING: This movie just sucks. Don't bother watching, I won't even try to recall anything about it except that it sucked. It wasn't even funny suck like how Big Rigs sucked, it sucked compared to other movies that sucked like when compared to the Original Street Fighter movie with Van Damme.

Grim, heed our warnings. I don't care how much of a Street Fighter fan you are, The Legend of Chun-Li is an act of betrayal to its fans and an eye sore to anyone who has to sit through the whole thing. If ever you do decide to watch, I hope you get lulz like Sforza, but don't expect anything awesome at all, and will just reinforce your perspective that video game to movie adaptations will never be a good combination. Heck, I feel like watching one of Uwe Boll's movies just to rehabilitate myself.

M.Bison didn't even do his signature Psycho Crusher dive, and all I thought that one thing may save the whole movie from sucking from the last hour and the half.
Thanks for the warning, I guess. Some friends invited me and were actually planning on watching it, though I think I'll just pass the invitation and I won't warn them about it. LOL
(02-28-2009, 07:01 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Grim, heed our warnings. I don't care how much of a Street Fighter fan you are, The Legend of Chun-Li is an act of betrayal to its fans and an eye sore to anyone who has to sit through the whole thing. If ever you do decide to watch, I hope you get lulz like Sforza, but don't expect anything awesome at all, and will just reinforce your perspective that video game to movie adaptations will never be a good combination. Heck, I feel like watching one of Uwe Boll's movies just to rehabilitate myself.

Haha despite what I said earlier in this thread, I have zero intention of doing so. It's a waste of time and money. LOL
(02-28-2009, 07:01 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: M.Bison didn't even do his signature Psycho Crusher dive, and all I thought that one thing may save the whole movie from sucking from the last hour and the half.

This...this is madness!Wtf
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Someone make a THIS IS SPARTA .gif with the caucasian Chun in it, please.

Ehehe. Lahat ata kayo pro piracy for this movie ah.

@Rick: No psycho-crushers? Hweh. That would have made the movie awesome.

[Image: 8ad56a9b.gif] Spammin'!
WTF were you boys thinking?!? Sure, Kristin Kreuk's pretty. But that's freaking not enough. Didn't the title by itself deter you already? I can't believe you sent money the way of this studio. LOL Sorry Rick but that was an epic fail. LOL

Oh and LOL, Street Fighter has a 0% rating in Rotten Tomatoes.
Yep, just saw the movie a few hours ago. I really wish I had read these posts before I had gone. I've never had such a strange mix of laughter and anger swell through me like this before.
When The Best Have Fallen... Who Will Rise...FlamethrowerGlare

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Movie You Watched NiX 280 320,051 05-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Movie Trailers NiX 75 80,085 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Gran Turismo (Movie) Goat 5 9,380 11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Adventures of Tintin (movie) Twin-Skies 8 13,126 12-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Voltron Movie NiX 7 11,159 09-18-2010, 03:23 PM