Current time: 05-19-2024, 11:16 AM
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Who's gonna watch it? I am!

I enjoyed the first one thoroughly. Ron Perlman was born to play Hellboy. He's got the sarcasm and tired, always-exasperated demeanor almost exactly as the character does in the comics.

By the way, the fact that this got an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes makes me even more hyped.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWvpuwatbJM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWvpuwatbJM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EDIT: I nearly forgot this is also from the same director as Pan's Labyrinth, which I also loved.
theGrim Wrote:EDIT: I nearly forgot this is also from the same director as Pan's Labyrinth, which I also loved.

No wonder the monsters looked similar.

What's the premise of Hellboy in the comics btw? Never read it but I liked the trailer for this movie.
AppleHead Wrote:What's the premise of Hellboy in the comics btw? Never read it but I liked the trailer for this movie.

Hmm... basically he's a demon who was brought to this world as a child by the Nazis (lol Nazis = Satanists). Then he fell into the hands of the Allies at the end of the war and was raised to fight unholy evils under the banner of the "most secret organization ever".

Brooding like Batman, wisecracking like well, no one's business. The only character who I can think of that comes close to him on that is Wormwood, and even the latter's a fairly new character.
So I watched this one yesterday.

It was okay but I didn't like its pace too much. The first one was paced much better, in my opinion.

I'd say the first movie was somewhat like Spider-Man 1 while this one's something like a Spider-Man 3.

EDIT: Or maybe I just didn't enjoy too much because of the god-awful SM Centerpoint cinemas. -_-
Oftentimes, comics-made-movies like Hellboy, when given a sequel, becomes boring or cliche.

Cleesh-eh. Well, I'd watch it if I had someone to watch it with me.
I just watched it. Not bad.

I'm having a hard time choosing which one I should like better though: the first or the second. The first film was good because it was close to canon. I like this second one because the villain was bad-ass.

Either way, I think we can all agree that Guillermo del Toro can do fantasy right.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  evil dead 4 / army of darkness II otakuwarren 44 34,735 08-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Last Post: otakuwarren