Current time: 04-29-2024, 06:55 AM
So, that contest I mentioned...
Well, here is the post I said I would make about my contest. The contest was an aesthetics based design contest. In other words, functionality doesn't matter. This contest spanned all generations of AC, with MOA being I feel the strongest division. I hosted this on ACU and ACL back in November- December of last year and I'm getting into the mood to host the second contest, hopefully more refined and better this time around. Here are links to the ACU side and SCL side (they weren't separate contests, but 1 contest spread across these 2 forums).

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/ind...me-around/
http://forum.armoredcorelegacy.com/viewt...=18&t=1040

So, here is the gist of how this worked:
  • Submission limit was 2 per division, with 5 divisions in all
  • Voting was done by the community with a 3 vote system for the voter's top 3 designs (1st=3 points, 2nd= 2 points, 3rd=1 point)
  • Most of the divisions (except VD) had a dedicated picture taker
So, this time around I'm expanding the contest to here as well. So, feel free to ask questions and discuss the contest here. So, have a good day~
This sounds like a fun thing to do, so what i am getting from here is that all the AC games are viable to play along?

Also can i supply screenshots myself with a pm?
What is the deadline?
Yes, all AC games are viable. Last contest, I felt that the strongest division was by far MOA and got steadily weaker as it moved towards current gen.

Something I learned last contest is that having picture uniformity is important (compare pictures of MOA-FA to VD). As far as screenshots go, 1 person will be organizing all the pictures for 1 or more divisions. What I need is a parts list and paintjob so that I can give that info to the picture taker. The only reason I can see on why to send me a screenshot is if you are dead set on a certain camera angle exactly.

I don't have any deadlines right now since I haven't started the contest yet. I am posting about it now to help spread interest and get suggestions for how to make the contest better this time around.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art to the Core Contest Voting farmboy28 0 3,125 04-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  February-March Design Contest: Corporation ACs Grim 12 22,003 08-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Last Post: clonezero
  The Raven Republic Mascot Design Contest Serene 71 103,925 03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Zigg
  Mecha Look-alike Contest NiX 58 91,420 02-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Grim