Current time: 05-17-2024, 11:34 AM
Dreams
Have you ever had a dream, Berto, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the real world and the dream world? Shades
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(10-25-2010, 08:24 AM)Fox Wrote: Have you ever had a dream, Berto, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the real world and the dream world? Shades

I get that sometimes, which sucks if you really need to attend to something early... like class or work.
Just had a surreal dream about an invasion of tanks and gigantic mechs into a desert city (that superficially resembles Los Vegas):

I woke up in a hotel room of a sort, walked downstairs to find a bunch of people crowded around a TV monitor that says something about the coming of Apocalypse. Then I made myself through the crowd outside to meet a random American soldier, who told me to climb onto a roof of a high building to get a better view of things, so I did. The view was spectacular, with the whole city glittering under the setting sun, but there's something wrong - a large walking fortress followed by a large convoy of Tiger tanks circling the city.

For whatever reason I was able to zoom in on what I look at even though I am not carrying a scope or a binocular... Got off the building, told the soldier of the situation and the approximate strength of the enemy (the exact number escapes me), and followed him to the local barrack. Lines of irregular infantries and armoured vehicles were there, waiting for something to happen. I was told to grab whatever weapon I have by that same soldier and report back to fight as a foot soldier.

The dream ended even before I made my way back to the hotel (which I assume is where I'll find my gears. It was worth noting that most of the dream was viewed through the first person view (on occasion that camera would detach and follow something), there's a hud that just states the current objectives, with no health bar or targeting reticle.

Note to self: Never eat chocolate before sleep. Ermm
its been a while since ive had a dream vivid enough to be recalled once i woke up. this one was from a few days ago, but it's still pretty fresh in my mind.

the walls of the room were made of something organic, either bleached wood, or bamboo. the floor felt like it was covered in carpet, perhaps bamboo mats. it was hot and perspiration trickled down my face and back drenching my thin and torn camisa de chino. i walked out of the room wanting to get out of my sweaty clothes, and the hot room reeking of sweat. a feeling of freshness comes over me as i step out of the room into a large area. the ceiling was high and was lost to darkness. in front of me was a plain area with the ground covered with concrete tiles. in the distance i could make out what seemed to be a zen garden. the area was empty save for what i think was my mom. i asked her where my clothes and she directed me to my room and mentioned i would need a ladder to get to it. somewhat confused i asked where i could get a ladder. she replied that theres one in the pool room above the dojo. there was another moment of confusion as i asked myself how we ended up with a dojo and even a pool above it. i thanked her and headed to my right where i knew the training hall was . it was empty and barely lit, to the right of the entrance were stairs leading up. there was light coming from above and the definitive sounds of water and merry making. i went up the stairs and knitted my brow when i looked at the pool area. it simply wasn't possible. an olympic sized pool was there even tho the dojo area below wasn't even half the size of the pool. the height of the stairs was also standard, indicating there should be no depth to the pool, yet some people were diving into the pool on one end. i ignored my logic and looked around for the ladder. around a dozen people were in the pool area. of note was Hanai (from School Rumble) by the side of the pool stuffing cotton into some pillow of some sort. in the distance the girls from love hina were playing in the pool. there were other swimmers in the pool too but i couldnt recognize them. i then turned my view forward and spotted the ladder. just beyond it tho lying on what seemed to be a cage-like container for volleyballs was Mikoto (also from School Rumble). her skin glistened either from water or sweat. she seemed to be naked, but someone had covered her delicates with white shirts and towels. my eyes gazed at her for a while as i stood in front of the ladder. half-mesmerized, half-curious why there was a sense of nostalgia lingering about. then i realized the shirts were mine. i scratched my head in confusion and went up the ladder as i notice it was connecting to a room. the room i entered was small and simple. the only thing i found interesting was a pile of shirts that i knew to be mine. i went over and took a white shirt to replace the sweaty cloth i was wearing. after i put the shirt on a voice called to me from behind asking what i was doing. the voice was familiar and turning around i realized it was Mikoto's. she was awake now and with one of my shirts on. i explained that i went to get my shirt. she peered over my shoulder, at the pile, and what she was wearing. she then explained she didnt know they were mine and apologized saying the instructor just told her she can wear those. she continued to talk, but the words were lost to me as i simply stared at her face much how like one would stare at a loved one. but inside of me i felt torn and disappointed knowing that while she was available i was far too weak and unworthy of her. i dont recall how i went back to the open area, but i came back to it and was talking to Kamagawa (Ippo's coach in Hajime no Ippo), asking how long he will continue to train people. he replied that he was hoping to retire in a year and take up medicine which confused me. then i thought that there was no way for me to get stronger in one year. the view then shifted to Ippo inside a cave or sorts jogging on a path along a cliff, stopping every now and then to shadow box. there was a realization that even Ippo took several years to be as strong as he is. And those were years of doing nothing but training all day, while I would be hard pressed to find an hour in my schedule to exercise. Worse, even with Ippo's three years of daily training, he still wasn't the strongest. the dream ended with that feeling that no matter what i do i wont amount to anything worth the attention and love of someone.

of course this lead to me playing all senti songs last saturday at work XD
*reads huge wall of text* O__O
You can get stronger in one year. Believe it! Ninja

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
There's still something lacking in your dream - everything looking like an 8-bit world!
Just had a multi-layered lucid dream during my lunchtime nap. The sequences were pretty inconsequential except that I thought I was aware that I was in a dream. Woke up from a dream in a dream maybe 3 times until the telephone finally woke me up for real... I think.
lots of dmt eh. =D
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
(12-09-2010, 02:40 PM)NiX Wrote: Just had a multi-layered lucid dream during my lunchtime nap. The sequences were pretty inconsequential except that I thought I was aware that I was in a dream. Woke up in a dream in a dream maybe 3 times until the telephone finally woke me up for real... I think.

quick! go spin a top!
Talk about procrastinating. This dream happened a few weeks ago, which I've finally decided to post because just thinking of the people I've bonded with in my dream makes me not want to forget this, even if it's just a figment of my imagination. I couldn't also remember their names, but I remember them mentioning theirs when we were introduced to one another.

I can hardly remember some of the action-packed parts, but I can still vividly remember the significant events and the last parts before the dream ended. Anyway, here goes:

The first thing I remember was walking around the city with a complete biohazard gear: S10-esque gas mask, helmet, an uzi, a handgun, boots, gloves, and vests (bullet, magazine, gun vests wrapped all over my gear). I couldn't remember where I got those, but I sure wasn't affiliated with any faction nor army. Moving on, the city streets were dark, with some streetlights flickering while the others weren't working anymore. A few seemingly abandoned wrecked vehicles were present as well, but there was no sight of blood, guts, and corpses.

As I walked through a cemetery with a boatyard across, I plotted to use it to escape, I suddenly find myself seeing another exhausted, but unharmed survivor (who somehow looked like she was in her 20's) at the entrance. She had some gear with her (sando, combat boots, and magazine/handgun vests wrapped around on one of her legs).

After seeing some zombies standing on top of their graves, We both decided to approach each other and knew that we both had the same plan. We worked together and never talked to each other apart from the "Lookout!" and "You OK?" stuff. I never fired my gun btw; I just kicked and dodged them. The same for the other survivor.

At this point, I couldn't remember what happened afterwards. The only thing I remember is that I find myself inside some sort of hidden, small, fortified place with the other survivor. It looks like a small base with the size of a tree house; good for only about 3-4 people. The place has your generic big ass on-screen communicator found on your usual sci-fi stuff, a bunch of guns and suits racked and displayed, and a few vials with mixtures stored within a glass cabinet - possibly an attempt on making a vaccine against the virus. Also, I never really asked about the cause of the outbreak; I was probably somewhat aware of the events while the dream progressed.

Now, the woman I worked with at the cemetery talked to me and gave me a few briefings on what we should do next. Apparently we needed food and supplies until the cure was to be finally created. She finally introduces me to two guys - an infected and mutated person who didn't somehow lose his conscience, becoming some sort of unique sentient zombie (the undead still attack him though), and a regular joe that looks like a truck driver.

At this point again, I couldn't remember the rest other than tiny bits of action as we raided groceries and drug stores. Like throwing softdrink cans on zombies' heads, spilling drinks to make the floor slippery for them, then finally getting the hell off with supplies and setting the place on fire. I worked my role with the unique zombie by providing covering fire for the trucker dude and the woman. The trucker dude's role was to procure food and supplies. The woman was taking point.

After every sortie (never searched for survivors though), we would plot the next mission and hang around at our small fort. The conversations were also too casual, as if they were real people themselves. I formed a bond with them based on hardships and teamwork. I befriended the woman and the zombie, but the closest one I befriended was the trucker dude - a videogamer, the other two are normal people. Nevertheless they were still good people and I was able to bond with them easily.

As time passed, we made a successful vaccine, but it wasn't needed anymore because the undead plague had been already slowly fading away, gradually decreasing zombies to actual corpses. Naturally we would wait it out, but we had a friend zombie with us (we were afraid that he might just turn into a corpse as well). We tried the vaccine on him, it didn't work because he had a different kind of infection/virus.

He knew what to do and how to formulate the materials. Everything was going according to the plan and he brought the vial with him as we journeyed to a certain place to get that last piece of the ingredients needed to finally make the cure. It was in a one-story building (not a warehouse), inside it was a drug store and a grocery.

We cut through the zombies unscathed and had enough time to barricade the place when we entered (thank god they don't run). We were surrounded by zombies afterwards though. At this point, everything seemed like it was Nazi Zombies. The three of us defending about 3-4 doors while our zombie friend was busy making the vaccine behind the counter. He was able to finish the vaccine just in time to help us defend the place for our sakes.

After clearing off waves of zombies and a few taller monsters, we finally celebrated and watched our zombie friend inject the vaccine, with everyone (including me) awaiting for his cure from the disease.

It turned out that it didn't cure him, but mutated him grotesquely as we watched in horror. Afterwards, his body sort of popped (possibly due to the chemical imbalance) and was barely sitting as he leaned on the wall. We were all scared, both at his safety and that he may turn on us too. We surrounded him and sat/kneeled beside him while on the verge of his death.

He said something like "Whatever happened to my life..." and "I want it back." or anything between those lines as he reached his hand on one of us. We were all too scared, so we weren't doing anything. Before he drops his hand and dies, the woman builds enough courage to say "Rest in peace." and tried to close his eyes with her hand.

After that, we all stood up and cried manly tears (I seem to have removed the gas mask at this moment), then we talked about how a good friend he is, reminiscing our days with him, etc, etc.

Then the dream ended abruptly. I was stoned when I woke up, then had this sense of longing and loneliness that it felt like it really happened, with teary eyes too. LOL
Amazing dream Bert. It really shines compared to mine that just happened a while ago.

In my dream, Grams purchased a mobile restaurant that looked like a 1950's American mobile home, and hired this spiffy dancing griller dude who would do all sorts of tricks grilling meat on the grill. He always got his pork from this pig shaped container that oinked and talked whenever he gets a slab of meat from it. Anyway he danced around while grilling meat, and it was quite a sight. A bit of heaven on a plate and entertainment to boot was the tag line.

Man, mine is just a waste of space compared to the epic zombie dream.
Bert, your dream sounds like a way better version of L4D! I wish I have dreams a bit more frequently, I don't dream as much as I used to anymore and if I do dream, I often forget all about it. Sad

The dancing griller dude seems like a great sales boost though, Rick. God I really wish I have a great dream in the near future.

There are certain moments that I can say "Napanaginipan ko na 'to ah?", as if that exact same scenario had already played in my mind from a past dream, and they're getting more frequent as of late. There's this one time wherein I knew 3/4 of the persons with me in the exact scene in my past dream(inuman session at an old friend's home), then I find out that I now know who that 4th person was. Have you guys had this experience as well?
Ok, wanted to post this as soon as I got up.

There's this girl named Harumi Sato over at our school, I had a dream about her, a sweet one.

My dream started in a weird place - a bamboo house supposedly owned by a clergy of our old church, with a really horrible CR. Then surprisingly said CR was suddenly given an analysis for youtube, in a game-guide style, by one of my favorite international HoN players, Peachz. Like he also owned the house LOL

Quick edit: I believe I was there in that bamboo house with mom, then since it was somebody's birthday ata, I think I left her there and went somewhere.

I already forgot part of the dream here. I recall very little of it, but we met because of a classmate of mine, Aryen. He was cool and sporty, but oddly me and Harumi got a good conversation going. A bit later, I find myself sitting somewhere on Edsa, toward Macapagal Highway, past Taft Avenue. I was sitting on some elevated sidewalk, on a beautiful traffic-free day with fresh air and a beautiful sunset(ikr..). I was with Harumi on my right side, and a friend of hers was sitting on her right, across me.

I was sharing stories with her and a friend of hers. Good times. Then I asked her something weird: "Pwede ba 'ko sumandal sa'yo? Inaantok ako eh. (lies)"

She said something along the lines of OK, then I sat right beside her, resting on her shoulders. I got much more than what I asked for - she started cuddling me. I was like ( ´∀゚)~ LOL

A bit later hugs and cuddles changed to things that really close couples do in public, and later we started walking off, still being cuddly even while walking. I suddenly find myself walking ahead of her, holding her hand and walking up of an escalator inside of a Robinson's mall. A familiar mall that I've had in one of my prior dreams, where I had found some cute (korean?) girl's wallet and returned it to her.

There was a romantic J-pop track playing on the mall's PA. It was a date. (≧∇≦)

Then someone coughed in a horrendously loud manner. Thanks, mom. Dream over Sad
wow as soon as a saw this thread i read through 80% of all your post and stuff and i always wanted to talk to people about the dreams i have but never had people to talk to about

one thing i keep having dreams about is something that happens like a day after like i would sit in school and think "i could of swore that this happen before" than i realized it seemed like my days are just replaying over and over again in my dreams because my tommorow is my yesterday if that makes sense.like get ready for school, take the bus for a 45 minutes (if im lucky) go rage to myself about the boundless ignorance of people,do home work at lunch, go home and sleep till tommorow and repeat.lol im kinda of ranting but anyway i had a really wierd dream this past friday that made me realize theres a lot of shit i need to do and stop being a grumpy/lazey/bitch about things

i dreamnt about this girl i really liked at my highschool and i was kratos from God of War (minus the white skin) and had told her about my crush on her,then oddly enough the dude that stole my potenial first girl friend in middle school had came out of nowere and called a bunch of hollows from bleach to eat me lol.i fight them off and a big giant monster and a bunch of soilders came out of nowere and told me no could ever love you and you must die, i was like "WTF" and "you bout to die" and at the same i turn into some rage of the spartans/force unleashed/vasto lorde ichigo/evagilon thingy/jeuty from Zone of The Enders thing and killed everything. but then after expaning all my energy i layed there on the ground unable to move with my ps3 and childhood toys, bioncles as the girl i have a crush on stared at me with a scared look in her eyes and she walked off into a dark corrador with that dude from my middle school,as i layed ready to cry trying to pick myself and the things that made me happy up ......

i woke up in the same postition with like three tears going down my cheeks.............. fucking weird isnt it?

the funny thing is on thursday the girl that i have a crush on told me "i never see you smile or happy, your always serious or angry" than later that day i was talking to my classmates and they were saying i give off a "threatening pressence" and a girl behide me told me "your scary, you walk like the terminator, like you want to kill someone" all i did was Blink

ssssssooooooooooo...... whoever read this whole thing i really want your input on this my family is out of the question with talking about this stuff lol

what do i fight for? i have nothing to fight for but i fight i LIVE because it is my only defiance to what ever gods may be for making my life a living hell
Hahah you've some really interesting dreams. I suggest you keep a dream journal. Just a notebook were you can log your dreams as soon as you wake up while they're still fresh in your memory. Happy