Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:06 PM
ACV Territories and Conquest FAQ
It seems that there's been a lot of confusion with territories, largely due to Namco Bandai's complete lack of documentation.

Anyway, here's my understanding of the territory system. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Area: The 8 game maps. Game overworld displays the leading team in each area.
Territories: Patches of land within an area with corresponding values/AP ranging from 0 to 10,000+. Team rank is determined by the total value of the territories they hold in an area.

At the start of a season, the world is mostly neutral, and held by the Men of Honor (AI). Beating the MoH through conquest gets you that territory. When all territories have been occupied by player teams, you'll have to beat that team to take over the territory OR wait until it goes neutral to take it from MoH.

There are two ways to get involved with territories. There's through Start Mission, and through Conquest.

Conquest - FOR OCCUPYING TERRITORIES
1. Invasion -Initiates the CLAIMING of a territory. Needs team points and team rank. If there are still neutral territories, you fight the AI to claim it. If you end up on human-held territory AND they happen to be in stronghold mode, you fight them for ownership. If all territories are held by human players, the game will force you to wait until someone goes on conquest stronghold.
2. Stronghold - Intercepts teams initiating conquest invasions. If successful, your territory's AP gets restored to full. If you fail, you lose the territory to the other team. Again, game forces you to wait for teams to initiate conquest invasions.

Start Mission - FOR DAMAGING TERRITORIES
1. Invasion - Probably should be called a sabotage mission or intrusion instead. Doesn't need team points. Damages the AP of a random territory in the chosen area. After enough hits, and a territory's AP is at zero, the territory goes neutral after 12 hours to make it available for conquest.
2. Stronghold - Defends against instrusions. Game forces you to wait for intruders. Failing to defend only results in territory damage. Successful defense increases territory value.

I'll not bother with the rank stuff for now. I hope I got most of it right.
when is the server reset, lets occupy at least green flamingo or focus our efforts on their territories.

we should also have a team setup for invansion and territory damaging and another team for invasion.

and im also curious on how to make defenses much better and leveling our own turrets. maybe we should put those discussion in here as well.
(03-31-2012, 02:56 AM)atdsutm Wrote: when is the server reset, lets occupy at least green flamingo or focus our efforts on their territories.

we should also have a team setup for invansion and territory damaging and another team for invasion.

and im also curious on how to make defenses much better and leveling our own turrets. maybe we should put those discussion in here as well.

Just something I realize. Which map do we excel the most?
Most of our points are in the Alpines...? o_o

...IDK...it could change in a few days.
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
http://mechaverse.co/forums/topic/687-te...ered-here/

Some more of this explained. Start Mission --> Stronghold increases territory value when successful.
I've done a bunch of invasions, and the most deadly combination I have ever faced is the generator jammers + those stagger guns, I believe they are a form of shotgun turret or something. Missiles are useless when you equip a CISWS anti missile shoulder unit so those aren't going to do much against the professionals. However, were we to properly implement the jammer + stagger gun combo, we would be able to effectively silence fast attacks on our territories. It would take them much longer as they would have to avoid key areas. If done right, a mission that takes one minute normally could take three or four minutes.

Additionally, those laser cannon turrets are EXTREMELY accurate, but having too many of them leaves them vulnerable as there's not enough other defenses to attack invaders. Perhaps 1 or 2 per map maximum.
quick question does the team level influence the amount of damage done during invasion?
^I can't confirm. But supposedly, your team level = how much damage your invasion runs do on territory AP.

But another post I read says that a territory needs to be hit 6 times to reach 0 AP, regardless of total value.

Successful mission stronghold heals 1/3 territory AP.