The Raven Republic Forums
FA Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Theory and Concept (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Prior Generations (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: FA Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=1179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Armored Cofor Answer - PhAYSe - 06-09-2008

Jack-O Wrote:Oh yeah, this could be out of topic, why in the intro an Apache helicopter is in there?? it exist in real world!!
Well, it IS supposed to be realistic, right? XD

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Jack-O - 06-09-2008

Yeah the graphics look realistic, but why do they include a Apache in the intro??

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - PhAYSe - 06-10-2008

I'm not talking about the graphics. What I mean to say is that the events of AC:FA take place in the real world, meaning, its supposed to happen in real life. To create an image of realism, they include objects that exist in real life as well.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - maitreya - 06-10-2008

There's nothing wrong or weird if we see the Statue of Liberty or pyramids in video games, even if they're not supposed to be realistic. Same thing for the apache, the only difference is that they aren't monumental.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Jack-O - 06-10-2008

so Armored Core 4 to Armored Core for Answer takes place in real world?! freaky!!!!

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - clonezero - 06-10-2008

I have to go with maitreya on this one ... and besides its very economical to rip something off and use it for ones owns gains rather than to busy one's self with the red tape of originality.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - atdsutm - 06-10-2008

in short its easy just to copy an apache than to customize another heli

most AC intro actually has some similarities

AC nexus intro

red AC is similar to AC3 intro AC not to mention its color red, just like the enemy AC in the AC3 intro

last raven

enemy quad AC is based on AC3, silent line and nexus

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - PhAYSe - 06-12-2008

Of course, you should know that since AC4, they reset the timeline. Now, every event that existed/happened in the old AC games never existed. No more Great Destruction, no more of that Mars stuff, no more Crest, Mirage, Kisaragi, no more Nineball/H-1, etc. Its an entirely new game with a brand new story and setting. In some missions of AC: For Answer, they display a 3D view of the entire world and all of the continents displayed there are as they are today. (you can actually see the Philippines on it!)

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Jack-O - 06-13-2008

so no tectonic changes??

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - PhAYSe - 06-13-2008

Either there were none or I didn't notice. All I know is that the larger continents are in the same place as they are today.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Jack-O - 06-13-2008

so meaning, in AC4, the nations are somewhat corporations, because of that thing similar to new world order. . . . .no nations such as the US, Russia, etc. and are those Arms Forts are Mobile (Weapon) City, with Weapons, catapults, MT's or sort of.....

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Jack-O - 06-14-2008

Hey those Arms Forts are City block size, I hope they'll make Arms Forts the size of the Philippines, hahahahaha, and they'll float to the skies. . . . .

O yeah I watch some AC4 videos, it seems that you can be in the air for 30 seconds or more and fall on the ground longer, why

RE: Armored Cofor Answer - PhAYSe - 06-15-2008

Jack-O Wrote:so meaning, in AC4, the nations are somewhat corporations, because of that thing similar to new world order. . . . .no nations such as the US, Russia, etc. and are those Arms Forts are Mobile (Weapon) City, with Weapons, catapults, MT's or sort of.....
Not necessarily. While countries still exist, the Companies control the world's economy and events revolve around them, such as the Linx War of AC4. The continued existence of the countries are proved through the names of the GA companies, as they are separated into GAE (Global Armaments Europe) and GAA (Global Armaments America).

And no, the Arms Forts are not cities. They are merely gigantic weapons, basically a moving fortress. But yes, they do have Normals and MTs on board and they are usually deployed beside or on top of it. You will see Normals having a similar setup to the ACs of the PS1 games (bazooka + missiles, rifle + energy blade, etc and oftentimes, you will see Normals barrage you with LARGE MISSILES)

Jack-O Wrote:O yeah I watch some AC4 videos, it seems that you can be in the air for 30 seconds or more and fall on the ground longer, why
You can stay in the air for the entire mission and never fall. The drain in AC4/AC:FA is so low, they just by releasing the boost button and quickly holding it down again immediately regenerates your energy to full. When merely hovering (not moving in the air), there is NO DRAIN whatsoever. In some videos, you see them use the Auto-Boost feature (present in AC4 and AC:FA) that immediately activates the boost before you hit the ground for a soft landing and allows you to hover over water without ever holding down the boost button at all. Most experts turn this off though to achieve total control over their AC. The rules of physics also apply more to the AC4 series, making boosting upwards harder and falling down faster, proving the effect of gravity in game.

For added info, there is also an auto-purge feature that ejects a weapon immediately when its out of ammo.

ardjin Wrote:haha yeah no more hustler-ones(hardest mission ever in AC series,but this is just for me).. wish they will make a next-gen nineball
Heh... You are closer to the truth than you think... Smile

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - R.Leonhardt - 06-17-2008

trust me....you don't need one. there are a lot of english in the jp version

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - PhAYSe - 06-18-2008

^ True that. Most of the time, you can understand what's going on just by watching the cinematics. For those parts where you really need to understand what they're saying, well, that's what forums are for! LOLLOL