The Raven Republic Forums
FA Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Theory and Concept (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Prior Generations (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: FA Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=1179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - clonezero - 01-17-2008

you babelfished this haven't you???

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Lunar - 01-18-2008

Stupid-sounding title if you ask me. Even the multiplayer concept just looks like a way to jump on the co-op bandwagon.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - R.Leonhardt - 01-18-2008

Yeah I did. OMG! It's lunar,the Republican princess!! Shock

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Black_Flame - 01-19-2008

i hope there is more AC dueling this time.

I kinda don't understand this transform and roll out kinda gig.. so... they just slap you with a jet pack right? or is there more to it this time?

Hope this didn't screw up the customization menus.. or i'll be dayam pissed

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - R.Leonhardt - 01-19-2008

it's said that transformation only works on certain frame combinations. And those booster packs are only available to certain messions. AC transforms only when OBing in order to somewhat reach 2000kph. And yeah judging from the trailer,there will be a lot of AC duels than the last time

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Black Dragon - 01-22-2008

around 1:47 - 1:50 Is that the new PA barrier? O_O

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Goat - 01-22-2008

More like a new attack that overloads the PA. For the next update for AC4:4A, I'm sure ACs will be having kamehamehas and more crap.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - R.Leonhardt - 01-23-2008

It's a last resort which you could use if ever you ran out of ammo. They could have implemented a punch and kick instead....

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Fox - 01-25-2008

Me says "To hell with this!" New ideas and all that stupid crap up the yin-yang? It'd make a decent game by itself but they shouldn't name it Armored Core anymore. It's just too different now.

"Overloading Primal Armor"? Don't make me laugh...

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - NiX - 01-25-2008

This franchise was doomed when I saw that they hired mech designers instead of rehashing the game engine.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Lord_Leperman - 01-25-2008

Well it usually takes 2-3 games for From to overhaul their game engine for AC (and usually the game physics as well). So maybe the next release after 4A, we'll see something really new. Here's still hoping that they return to the hard gameplay of the 1st and 2nd generation AC games, or at least offer it as an option along side the new style of gameplay.

Well it looks like From's idea of a next-gen AC game is one that's closer to Gundam/ZOE. We're doomed.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - AppleHead - 01-25-2008

After reading a lot of information on AC from the different forums here, I think it's safe to say that it's good I decided not to buy AC4. My reasoning is quite simple. If I wanted to buy a Gundam game, I'll go and buy a Gundam game. I'm not a Gundam fan at all, though I do like advanced mechanics and engineering.

Are any of you guys angry like me about the how the non-aerodynamic shape of an AC can reach sub-Mach2 speed? That's about the same as an F-15. It also makes me angry to think about how an engine can possibly propel something that heavy without involving fusion or nuclear energy. If it did, ACs would blow up like nukes if they were destroyed.

I'm annoyed! I'm despairing! I'm sad for you guys!

Nah, I don't mind the ridiculous speeds. AC, just like most mech-related stories, isn't that realistic anyway.

And don't get us wrong. AC4 isn't a bad game per se. It's just that it's not Armored Core.

That's what I really hate about AC4. It's called Armored Core when it should have been called something else. They've basically turned this series into a customizable clone of Zone of the Enders.

I want my Armored Core back.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Serene - 01-25-2008

Same Here...

It feels to me like it's a different game...
Very different from the much simpler ones I used to play back then...

Like I said before, the SHOULD make a more Old School version.