The Raven Republic Forums
FA Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Theory and Concept (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Prior Generations (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: FA Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=1179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - atdsutm - 01-25-2008

maybe we have to be open minded for changes in the games mechanics

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Fox - 01-26-2008

I'll open my mind when they change the name to something else.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Grim - 02-02-2008

So I was downloading hi-res pictures of 4A from some sites around, and I can't really help but proclaim how much I love the new mech designs, especially of White Glint and that other pointy blue AC.

So much so, that when I get a PS3, I might actually buy this. Tongue

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - R.Leonhardt - 02-02-2008

lol,we can customize the radar now,and back mounted chainguns are cool,plus the climate change is cool too,plus damn I'm excited bout this already

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Black_Flame - 02-05-2008

It is true.. Armored Core does need a new name... but what the hell are they gonno call it??

Lol it's funny cuz this is one of the few games that exceeds trilogy games.

2ndly i hate this tranform and role out crap.. i think that's retarded.. the jet pack thing.. fine, i'll roll with that.. but to hell with the tranform and role out gig... just makes customization more complicated.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - azuma-blade - 03-05-2008

hey guys i found some two new trailers from ACFA you gotta belive what im seeing here

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwcq04GzU1k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hwcq04GzU1k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFfxCd-PDMc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFfxCd-PDMc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Moonlight_Raven - 03-06-2008

hehehe... already seen those vids at the official site of ACFA. not just vids, but also a bunch of things like the Arms Fort and the Nexts involved in the game.

www.armoredcore.net/acfa

also see: www.armoredcore-wiki.net

whew, I really loved the trailers... wish it was a movie. the 2nd Great Destruction

off topic: in AC:MOA, the mission "Destroy Giant Tank"?. could it be an early model Arms Fort (or the first, coz in other AC games there are also gigantic enemies)... hehehe

=^.^=

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - azuma-blade - 03-06-2008

lolz true LOL

RE: Armored Cofor Answer - Black_Flame - 03-07-2008

AppleHead Wrote:After reading a lot of information on AC from the different forums here, I think it's safe to say that it's good I decided not to buy AC4. My reasoning is quite simple. If I wanted to buy a Gundam game, I'll go and buy a Gundam game. I'm not a Gundam fan at all, though I do like advanced mechanics and engineering.

Are any of you guys angry like me about the how the non-aerodynamic shape of an AC can reach sub-Mach2 speed? That's about the same as an F-15. It also makes me angry to think about how an engine can possibly propel something that heavy without involving fusion or nuclear energy. If it did, ACs would blow up like nukes if they were destroyed.

I'm annoyed! I'm despairing! I'm sad for you guys!

Yeah you are right about the ridiculous amount of speed the generator can produce.

but then again, i think that's what AC4 did, it introduced Kojima, which is crazy ass energy. So i guess that back's up the game's reasoning.

The part about explosions when something creates that much energy still boggles me, which is insane.. i mean something with that much vroom has to make a way big boom.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Grim - 03-07-2008

AppleHead Wrote:Are any of you guys angry like me about the how the non-aerodynamic shape of an AC can reach sub-Mach2 speed? That's about the same as an F-15. It also makes me angry to think about how an engine can possibly propel something that heavy without involving fusion or nuclear energy.

Have you noticed how off-center the appendage for the VOB is? It's right on the upper torso of the mech. With a force like that pushing a massive object like an AC from behind, I'm wondering why they don't do spirals of doom in the air.

Take it as From's artistic license to tinker with real-life physics. It's a mech game, after all.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Lord_Leperman - 03-07-2008

So far, the game makes me think of "The Super Friends vs. Godzilla" (Okay, The Justice League vs. Godzilla for some of you guys)

If older ACs were used, it would be "Earth Defense Force vs. Godzilla" (Just grunts and soldiers, no overly powerful stuff)

From went crazy with the additional parts though, some of which bordering on being somewhat organic, and some from really odd sci-fi alien movies with abnormal torso shapes and all, while some take cues from AC's grunt MTs in NX-LR (In particular the red heavy MT which I kinnda like looking at).

I still don't feel my AC though... But the vast number of parts might more than make up for that (if correctly balanced and such).

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Black_Flame - 03-07-2008

Well.. for one.. there might be more to the transformation than just the back pack.. y'know.. something in the design that makes it stable during travel.. but that's one hell of a big MAYBE.

Like some sort of stabilizer or something. But who knows.

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - clonezero - 03-07-2008

well maybe they'll use the kojima particle shield as their physics buffer using the super - cavitating effect to stave off wind drag.

oh yeah went to the web site ... I think I saw something from ZOE (COCKpit) and another that stole the shoulders of kishin thunder and used it as the NEXT's upper legs.

wonder how many of these guys die's before they even become significant in the story line ... if there was one ....

heck the reverse joint NEXT is totting a green ak - 47 their running out of ideas.

and can someone please please explain CUBE's design to me ... he's like the banner NEXT of AC4 but he had his core
flattened ... I think it looks like one of the enemy super mechs from Nadesico.

the ArmForts on the other hand Drool I go for Soldios Orbit and getting hit by the Giga bases main gun would probably suck...

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - cabs - 03-07-2008

Just some added info about AC4:FA:

based on the preview videos they have released, the story's time line happened 10 years after AC4
where another war began. Many soldiers including Ravens question themselves on what they are fighting
for. Some say they fight for peace, some say that its for the future, some say its for the sake of the human
race, some say its for the person that they love, some say its for freedom, others fight for their family and others
say its for the masses. But no one is really sure of their answer.

After the "National Dismantlement War" (events in AC4), the different companies assembled forming the "The League of Rule
Companies". A collaboration to construct a massive colony on the earth's atmosphere named "Cradle". After the construction,
two organizations (OMER and GA group of companies) fought to take control of the colony. Thus, another war began.

The "Collared" organization was also formed after the "National Dismantlement War" which took command of the surviving Next
Ravens.

In this new war, the competing companies constructed massive weapons called "Arms Fort" to serve as their trump cards.

Why "for Answer"? This is connected to what I've written in the first paragraph. Apparently they want to say that everything is
for finding the real answer to that said question.

More info about Arms Forts:
Due to their large size they must be taken apart piece by piece, in particular, they each have a weakness which must be exploited to fully defeat them.

Exclamation Infos are collected from the official videos and jap site.
Some might be a little off since some loss might have
happened during my translation.

Just wanted to contribute something Tongue

RE: Armored Core: for Answer - Grim - 03-08-2008

cabs Wrote:Just wanted to contribute something Tongue

Yours is probably one of the best ones, seeing that you can actually read Japanese, and actually reside in Japan.