The Raven Republic Forums
The Hollow - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Theory and Concept (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Prior Generations (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: The Hollow (/showthread.php?tid=149)

Pages: 1 2

- Serene - 09-15-2006

That's why I prefer straight launch missiles like the X201 back then...

- VeilSide - 09-16-2006

i love the URCHIN sticky mines. i haven't been on kai in a while so i dunno how popular these are now. i'm not so good with leading people into the ones i lay down, but i mostly use them against genbusted opponents.

also, the R2 is a great rifle. sometimes, i actually prefer it to the R3. also, i love the GHOST2. i don't see too many people using it tho.

- NiX - 09-17-2006

<!--QuoteBegin-VeilSide+Sep 16 2006, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VeilSide @ Sep 16 2006, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> also, the R2 is a great rifle. sometimes, i actually prefer it to the R3. also, i love the GHOST2. i don't see too many people using it tho. [/quote:8cf2ac985f]
I love the R2 too. For the right arm, I'd definitely pick it over the R3.

- Moonlight_Raven - 10-07-2006

hmm... underpowered weapons...

I have to do some testing...

first weapon I'ved tested -> YWH16HR-PYTHON
yup. and it can only be equipped in the R-arm (but why does there's a "H" after W in its part name?) (the "H" means it can be equipped on either L or R arm)

when I got this, sabi ko "yes nakuha ko na ang napakapormang Hand Railgun..."
tapos... testing... "ay, bakit ganito? duling yung Hand Railgun?" :sad:

"hayy... mukhang hindi worth gamitin" sabi ko noon

napaisip uli ako -> "di pwedeng walang kwenta yung PYTHON... there must be a way to make it more effective..."

testing uli...

ok, the results so far (para sa akin, on my style of piloting)
- very effective if used with a light AC (middle-to-light weight)
- never use as a stand alone weapon
- use it with a left arm weapon, like the: HITEN, RLA, NIX, M2, etc. (ok para sa akin yung mga L-arm weapon na ito) (di ko pa nate-testing yung iba) :wink:
- and it takes skills and patience to make every shots counts (wag naman charge ng charge at fire ng fire... easy ka lang...) :ph43r:
- make the PYTHON as a part of your combat strategy-> confuse your enemy with the charge and attacks, tapos fire the L-arm weapon, or simultaneous attack...

yun... that's all for now (medyo nagiging one of my favorite ko na ang PYTHON LOL )

kayo na bahala kung ok sa inyo ang Hand Railgun :ph43r:

=^.^=

- Serene - 10-09-2006

Actually...
Tama lahat ng sinabi ni Moonlight...
But still... Tough I love railguns, it doesn't mean I use them in AC...

I prefer Linear Rifles...
I don't see anyone using RLA much...
Why?
Low Ammo: 60 Shots... Compare this with RL 80 Shots...
Heavy: over 300 weight points heavier compared to RL...

Good thing sbout it? Triple Burst increases hit rate...
Good for mid to heavy weight AC's...

In my opinion, the Python is a patient man's weapon...

- maitreya - 10-12-2006

<!--QuoteBegin-Serene+Oct 9 2006, 10:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serene @ Oct 9 2006, 10:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't see anyone using RLA much...
Why?
Low Ammo: 60 Shots... Compare this with RL 80 Shots...
Heavy: over 300 weight points heavier compared to RL...
[/quote:899797afbd]
I use the left RLA, even with the 900+ weight. Yeah, as far as the right RLA is concerned, the other linear rifle pretty much owns it. The left one is still very usable, but it's a specialty weapon. Meaning, it depends on the AC setup (and strategies used in battle).

I've havent been checking the site lately because of school (and because of that typhoon). But I'll post my design with the left RLA ASAP.

- azuma-blade - 10-12-2006

ok lng gumamit ng RLA kung magaling ka sa dual weaponry kaso ng lng mabigat kailangan magaang dpat weapon mo sa likod kung sakali wla na bala yung RLA?

- Moonlight_Raven - 10-12-2006

hehehe... just tested another...

->WH10M-SILKY
ok... so it's an energy based machine gun, can be equipped on both L and R arms, and little bit drainy when used.

its first appearance is in NB... so when i've got it, medyo naalala ko ang EN machine gun sa MOA, yung R arm weapon na WG-MG500/E (hanep yung weapon na yun, grabe ang reload rate :ph43r: )

pero nung first time kong ginamit, sabi ko "shet, drainer ang weapon na 'to, medyo duling pa... bakit ganito?" :sad: ... hmmm.

then, in LR, eto nanaman ako... "Let's see..."

so far, here's my results
- never use it as a stand alone weapon
- much better if used as a L arm weapon
- very effective if paired w/ R arm solid machine gun (PIXIE2, PIXIE3, NIX, etc...) also with R arm rifles (GAST, RA, RA2 etc...) (di ko pa nate-testing yung iba) :wink:
- NEVER pair it with another SILKY or other energy weapons
- ALWAYS equip the O06-PHAGE option part, to make it a little energy friendly
- if possible, also equip the O04-GOLGI (to increase its ATK power)
- O05-HISTON... siguro wag na lang, kasi pinabibilis niya ang charge drain... pero kung ok sa'yo, edi sige.
- best used in short range (100~200 range)
- ok with a light weight AC
- use a low drain AC frame (its a must)
- have a good Booster+Generator+Radiator set-up
- you must know how to manage your energy :excited:

yun... ok naman siya sa akin, basta nasa L arm ko siya... at naka-equip siya sa isang light weight AC LOL

example:
R arm solid machine gun + L arm energy machine gun = impressive damage :blink: (if you can do quick strikes at a short range, firing simultaneously the left SILKY and the R machine gun... just have a strategy...)

ok... that's all for now

=^.^=

- Serene - 11-25-2006

Tried using the Python with just a Wraith for support...
Good...
I kinda like the Python now...
Good beam velocity, fast charge time... Blue beam... Cool weapon...

- rober2 - 11-27-2006

Ahh, the Hollow. A fine weapon Indeed. The "Freakishly large weight" Is a price we pay for such a fine weapon.

A true shame Indeed.

- Lord_Leperman - 11-27-2006

The HOLLOW is an impressive weapon when upgraded with options and beefed up with the ROE/2. You can accurately damage race anyone at mid to short range with this gun.

Right now I'm looking at burst missiles as potential anti-camping weapons in conjunction with verts, which I'll be testing this friday if the meet with Nix pushes through. Big grin

- Serene - 11-27-2006

Burst Missiles?

- Lord_Leperman - 11-27-2006

Yeah, the ones that drop bomblets above the opponent. I find often that some people re-gain their composure after a brief burst of fighting, and hide behind an obstacle. At least this missile system deprives them of that comfort zone... at least in theory.