The Raven Republic Forums
LR Challenge: Destroy Transport Convoy - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Core-Related (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: LR Challenge: Destroy Transport Convoy (/showthread.php?tid=2206)

LR Challenge: Destroy Transport Convoy - medusa0 - 03-06-2010

After taking two midterms today I was compelled to attempt something that I've never succeeded to do in LR missions: Killing Cerberus Garm (Niflheim) before Mumu (Metis) in the "Destroy Transport Convoy" mission. And to my surprise, a success on the second attempt! Woot

I don't have my camera with me at the time, but here are the quotes:

Mumu:
"Garm...... No!"
"This can't be happening..."
(Runs around like a headless chicken)

Shelia:
"Looks like they've lost the will to fight."
"You can clear out now if you want."

Use this AC to complete this feat in style, tunes doesn't really matter as long as they work.

Flame Grilled (Middle-weight Biped)

Head --------- H03-BEETLE
Core ---------- CR-C83UA
Arms ---------- CR-A72F
Legs ---------- CR-LH69S
Booster ------- CR-B83TP
FCS ----------- MF01-MUREX
Generator ----- G02-MAGNOLIA
Radiator ------ ANANDA
Inside -------- I01M-URCHIN
Extension ----- ---
Back Unit R --- ---
Back Unit L --- CR-WB69RA
Arm Unit R ---- NICHIRIN
Arm Unit L ---- NICHIRIN
Hanger Unit R - ---
Hanger Unit L - WL14LB-ELF2
OPs: Your preference

Tactics:
Ignore Mumu in the beginning, boost to the top of one of the buildings near the tunnels where the transport trucks will be coming out. Now wait for the convoy to trigger. You can artificially trigger the arrival if you damaged Mumu enough, but that may or may not make this feat more difficult to achieve depending on whether or not you can dodge her overzealous charge later on.

Once the convoy arrives, stay on top of the building and drop mines into their path to destroy the trucks. You'll be told of your success when the warlord couple get a little chatty.

Jump off, and toast ol' Cerberus with your dual flamers, he's slow as hell and is equipped with the hot ORCHID gens so it will not take too long for him to explode like the overstuffed piƱata he always has been. Flamethrower To stop Mumu from interfering with your mischief, you can lure her onto a building where she'll get stuck.

Once he chunks, enjoy the hilarity with Mumu. She'll attack occasionally but will run, jump, and boost all over the map until she gen-busts. And remember that you can always finish her off with your hangared blade. LOL

*Edit: Fixed grammar

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - enjoyincubus - 03-06-2010

Nice one Happy

One of my favorite missions in the game due to the fact that you have to face 2 AC at the same time.Too bad those Ravens arent as good as Zinaida or Evangel.

Gonna try this one out, but with my build LOL

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - medusa0 - 03-07-2010

(03-06-2010, 10:40 PM)enjoyincubus Wrote: One of my favorite missions in the game due to the fact that you have to face 2 AC at the same time.Too bad those Ravens arent as good as Zinaida or Evangel.

Glad you enjoyed it!
It's always fun to take on two fully armed ACs while on a time attack mission, especially with a gimmick build like the one posted above. The OP has been updated to reflect some of the things I found today.

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - J.E_Magog - 03-07-2010

Here's a challenge.

Kill garm before he even gets out or gets far from the tunnel.

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - enjoyincubus - 03-08-2010

Was hard but fun! LOL

Drop Mumu's arm in 3 slice LOL

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - medusa0 - 03-09-2010

(03-08-2010, 12:37 PM)enjoyincubus Wrote: Was hard but fun! LOL

Now did you get her while she's on the run? Clapping As for jonevangelist's request... Garm is invulnerable while he's still in the tunnel, not even the NIOH parrying blade will damage him! I did manage to kill him in less than ten seconds right after he exited the tunnel though Ninja

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - J.E_Magog - 03-09-2010

IIRC there's a spot in the tunnel where he starts taking damage. Last time I did it I was using urchins to delay his exit.
Things can get ugly if mumu manages to get into the tunnel and starts parrying your behind LOL

(03-09-2010, 08:36 AM)medusa0 Wrote: jonevangelist

WTF!

RE: LR Destroy Transport Convoy fun - enjoyincubus - 03-09-2010

(03-09-2010, 08:36 AM)medusa0 Wrote:
(03-08-2010, 12:37 PM)enjoyincubus Wrote: Was hard but fun! LOL

Now did you get her while she's on the run?

Nope, it was one time,actually it was an accident LOL I was trying to trigger the event where Garm would show up, and thats by damaging Mumu LOL