Current time: 06-08-2024, 09:29 PM
General Fitness
Decided to jog every morning for 30 days straight, currently at 3/30. I have also started to eat less than what I used to, e.g., I now eat one cup of rice instead of two, and I also eat vegetables only (Carrots, tomatoes etc) for one meal a day.

Will this work?
Sounds good shin. Keep it up. Should get results after that.

I'm also minimizing my carbs now, and working out regularly at home with cardio too. Hope I see results soon. (I have ways to check if it's working, and so far it is.)
"Ways"

nishishishishi...
(01-11-2012, 11:30 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: Decided to jog every morning for 30 days straight, currently at 3/30. I have also started to eat less than what I used to, e.g., I now eat one cup of rice instead of two, and I also eat vegetables only (Carrots, tomatoes etc) for one meal a day.

Will this work?

it will, but once you stop jogging and dieting you may end up rebounding.

oh and add two cans of pineapple juice a day. unsweetened. one with breakfast, another with lunch. and a banana with each meal.

no food after 6pm or whatever is the equivalent for your body clock. make sure your "dinner" is your lightest meal. finally, you should have at least an hour between your last meal and going to bed. if you feel hungry before sleeping, drink milk and eat a banana or something equally light.

do not eat/avoid the ff:
potato chips and similar stuff
softdrinks
mayonnaise
chicken/pork skin
FRENCH FRIES <- seriously, dont eat this if you want to slim down
hamburgers
fried foods <- hardest to avoid so just moderate your intake. steam/grill if possible. like with hotdogs, just boil em in water.

for meat its better to go with chicken and fish.
for bread, go for whole wheat if possible

not sure if this is applicable to jogging, but my coworker/trainer told me to avoid eating before and after a work out. two hours before, and 45 minutes after. this is to make sure the body burns fats instead of the food in your stomach. if you're really hungry, eat only crackers or a banana with water. immediately after the workout drink SOY milk or plain milk since whey is expensive. alternatively you can eat a banana.

anyway, thats all i can remember at the moment. i hope this helps ^^

p.s. match your expectations with the intensity of your program. dont expect to see massive changes in a month or two. healthy and safe weight loss takes time (like half a year or something). even mr. awesome up there took nine months considering how punishing his routine was.
Diets like that aren't very realistic unless you actually cook your own food.

Just limit yourself to 3 plated meals (balance of carbs, protein, and fiber) and maybe a very light snack every day, and you should see losses soon enough without going insane, if you're patient enough.

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

Try this out to get a general idea of your daily caloric requirement. Eating more calories than what your body requires will cause you to gain while eating less will (hopefully) cause you to lose. Your average plated meal is probably ~500 cal.
Thanks for the advice and resources guys! Smile

I usually cook one meal a day at home, and I have places near school wherein I can get a balanced meal. I decided to stick with the 30 days of jogging because of a friend. After that period, I'll probably jog 4-5x a week.

The motivational posts from here and the Lines thread are good, especially that one with the Bruce Lee image.
shin, where do you jog?
CCP ramp, every 5am.
Good tip. I would do that after I get to 30/30 though, because I really need to improve my cardio. I can't even run 100m straight as I am now LOL
forgot to mention, make sure you get enough sleep each day if you're working out. also avoid alcohol.

@NiX
i dont get whats unrealistic in the diet i prescribed. it basically revolves around just avoiding what to and what not to eat. i work 12 hours and dont cook my own food, and the times i do its to open a can and heat the contents, but i am able to stick to it. really boils down to simple things like getting the rice and steamed siomai meal at 7-11 instead of a big breakfast at mcdo (which is a no brainer since siomai rice is Php39 while big breakfast is nearly a hundred).
I think he means that if you aren't cooking your meals, then you can't say for sure what's in it, so it actually skews your diet plan.
(01-16-2012, 12:07 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: I think he means that if you aren't cooking your meals, then you can't say for sure what's in it, so it actually skews your diet plan.

okies...here's a breakdown of how to easily spot the food on the avoid list as well as some clarifications.

Quote:potato chips and similar stuff <-- comes in plastic packs ready to eat. no need to cook
softdrinks <-- beverage. comes in a bottle. no need to cook
mayonnaise <-- sandwhich spread or dip. not a typical ingredient in most meals. commonly used in salad meals. easy to spot.
chicken skin <-- included in most fried chicken, roasted/barbeque chicken, tinola, pininyahang manok and similar foods. very rarely used in a chopped or minced form. easy to spot and remove.
pork skin <-- like above. if used in a dish, it is usually easy to spot and remove. minced form is commonly found in sisig.
FRENCH FRIES <-- potatoes sliced into strips and fried. often served in fast food joints like mcdonalds and jolibee.
hamburgers <-- meat patties fried, served in a bun usually with onions, tomatoes and lettuce and various dressings (usually ketchup and mayonnaise). home made ones are alright, avoid fastfood variations.
fried foods <-- something cooked using heated oil

sorry if i sound like a troll or captain obvious. too much 9gag i guess.

anyway, the core of this diet is moderation, self-control and a bit of common sense. some items on the list are simply hard to avoid (like fried foods) so its perfectly normal to still eat those. just dont eat them everyday, and when you do eat them, eat moderate amounts, or balance the rest of your meals for the day (if you had bacon for lunch, make sure to eat greens for dinner). in case you ate too much of something thats not good for you, then burn it off by intensifying your work out.

ive lost 2lbs every month, with very little to no exercise, very little change to routine, just a change in what i eat and how much. i know it's crap, but so far thats the best result ive gotten from the various diets ive tried. below is my food for a normal day like today (btw i work 12 hours):

breakfast: cup of milo, bowl of instant oatmeal, half a papaya, water, vitamin D supplement
snack at work: banana, an egg
office trolls: one to two pieces potato chip or french fries**
lunch: one rice, pan fried chicken drumstick*, banana, pineapple juice
dinner: one rice, sinigang na baboy***, banana
before bed: yakult

*cooked at home by mom. i have no choice in the matter (well i could buy lunch at the office, but why spend if i can get food for "free"). last time i ate fried chicken tho was two weeks ago. will remove the chicken skin when i eat it (and save it for our dogs). most of the time tho its boiled tuna hotdog with okra or ground pork with cabbage/potatoes/upo. sometimes fried bacon with boiled okra.
**"uy santi o, french fries. gusto mo? *eats in front of me* kuha na! wag ka na magdiet! sarap o~" i get a piece or two just to humor them and to keep my taste buds satisfied. nibble at the things to make em last a whole minute.
***this is a prediction, it could also be dinuguan, menudo, ginataang langka/gabi, or anything bought from a carinderia. if they were too lazy to buy then id substitute with canned tuna (century tuna bangus relleno FTW) or pork and beans.

some other things:
-eat slowly. it takes time for your stomach to realize its no longer hungry, and its already full. by eating slowly you give it time to tell your brain that you have eaten enough, so you can stop overeating.
-eat until you are no longer hungry NOT until you are full. the body will store as fat whatever it digested that it does not need.
-try not to sit down for 30 minutes after a meal. i forgot the exact reasons why but its related to circulation and digestion. hard to do if at home, eating at an office pantry or if you plain have no friends to hang out with after eating.
Been wifting weights watewy. My body feels lighter and my waistline's back to 29 inches and losing my lovehandles.

I'm winning. BWAHAHAHA!
'Signatures are overrated.'
Aside from going to gym,I go to karate,muay thai and Arnis for working out. Karate is actually good enough to keep you in shape, especially the one I'm going to right now: Kyukoushin Karate, the most brutal form.
Ahhh, so you're a practicioner of Kyokushin kaikan then? AEA1 will be interested in that. I've been bugging him to take me to that dojo that he's been going to recently.

Got any pics or videos of you doing any moves like Tate tsuki, Ushiro hiji ate or Oroshi soto kakato geri?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."