Current time: 05-13-2024, 08:44 PM
Firefox
Haha I already am. I forgot to post it here though.
Q: What happens when you try to make a world record by having the world download your software on a single day?
A: You get server timeouts, and you may not reach the record because of it.

In any case, I've got 3.0 up and running now. My impressions of this version are still the same. It seems to load faster and generally is a bit more fluid in terms of user controls (easier bookmarking).

Memory concerns are a bit improved by this version, but they're still there. Still, I guess not a lot of people open 25+ tabs all at the same time when they're browsing lol.

The makers of the plugins I use sure are fast. I mean, even during the beta there were already compatible versions of them around. At this time the only thing I always used to use but don't currently have is the BlackJapan theme.

All in all, I say this is a solid release.
Been using Firefox 3.0 Release Candidate 3 for 5 days now. Currently opened 20 tabs to test its memory usage. Currently fluctuating from 14MB-40MB of 512 RAM. It seems to fluctuate a lot. Is this even normal? Regardless, its amazing what they've done to the memory usage of Firefox, and I have around 15 extensions on right now! Its really looking good for Firefox guys~ I suggest you guys test it out even for a while. AFAIK, most of the plug-ins have been made compatible for 3.0 RC3 already.
[All systems online. Kojima output normal. Synchronizing AMS Compatibility... Done. Engaging Primal Armor... Done. All systems green. Firing main boosters.]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
Shayde Wrote:Been using Firefox 3.0 Release Candidate 3 for 5 days now. Currently opened 20 tabs to test its memory usage.

Hey Shayde, do you know that Mozilla's already offering the solid 3.0 release? Not RCs or betas, the one up for download now is the real thing.
theGrim Wrote:Hey Shayde, do you know that Mozilla's already offering the solid 3.0 release? Not RCs or betas, the one up for download now is the real thing.

I got it and installed it. Then I found out 90% of my extensions didn't work.

So I rolled back to 2.0 Chair

Mozilla really, really should have mentioned that as a warning.
It is? Whoa. Gotta download NOW!

@Sforza
Heh... Just wait a week or so. They'll probably be 3.0 compatible by then. Believe me, the memory usage is amazing! Its actually lighter than Opera even WITH extensions! (although nothing beats Slimbrowser in terms of memory usage AFAIK...)

Now using Firefox 3.0 Final and I'm glad to say all 14 of my extensions are 100% compatible.

@Sforza
What extensions are you using anyway?
[All systems online. Kojima output normal. Synchronizing AMS Compatibility... Done. Engaging Primal Armor... Done. All systems green. Firing main boosters.]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
Shayde Wrote:Now using Firefox 3.0 Final and I'm glad to say all 14 of my extensions are 100% compatible.

;_;

I use a LOT of extensions...I know I must have over 30.

only about half of mine work :/

although, this morning is the first time I'm actually trying it out...from the time from when I clicked on it's icon to the time it loaded was extraordinary! it didn't even take 3 seconds.
ಠ_ಠ
Shayde Wrote:@Sforza
What extensions are you using anyway?

Adblock
Deepest Sender (a blogging client)
Download Helper (a flash vid ripper)
DownloadThemAll!
MeeTimer (website usage timer)
Megaupload SX (megaupload timer big exploiter)
No script
Sage (rss compiler/reader)
Screengrab (screenie capture)
Yahoo toolbar (?! - I had this?)

For skins,

Aerofox
MidnightFox
Glowygreen
Old Factory Black
RedShift
Scribblies Kids
Tinseltown

Only the Yahoo toolbar works in 3.0 LOL
Adblock is now outdated. Use the new Adblock Plus, also recommended by Firefox and has a 5-star rating. Use its companions as well: Adblock Filterset.G Updater (4-star), and Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper (5-star).

Deepest Sender
Video DownloadHelper -> I use this too.
DownloadThemAll! -> I prefer using the Flashgot Extension and the Flashget download manager.
No script
Sage
Screengrab!
Yahoo! toolbar
|
v
Now work with 3.0. Run an update.

As for your skins, only Scribblies Kids (and all other Scribblies-type skins) work with 3.0. Run an update.

Among your extensions, only MeeTimer and Megaupload SX are incompatible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For skins, I would suggest you try out own and if you're running Windows XP and dislike the green Back button, try the Vista on XP theme for that cool blue Vista theme. I'll post the extensions I use later. Got school from 2-9pm T_T
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
Extensions I use now in Windows:

Adblock Plus Filterset.G Updater
Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper
Colorzilla
Delicious Bookmarks
Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchronizer
Greasemonkey
IE Tab
Screen grab!
Web Developer

Skins:
own

Thanks for the info Shayde! I'd also like to note that Aerofox is available for 3.0 as of now.

I'll probably report something on the Linux side of things later on.
MeeTimer -- Anti procrastination extension LOL

and

Megaupload SX -- The MU workaround is invaluable for my ever expanding collection of japanese indie music.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Oh and thanks Shayde. Your info was a lot of help.
Sforza Wrote:Can anyone suggest an alternative?

I don't think there are MU slot freers available for 3.0 yet.

I dunno if this is what you're looking for in terms of the timer, but give it a try: TimeTracker
Currently using these extensions:
Adblock Plus Filterset.G Updater

Adblock Plus

ColoUnREaDTabs (bolds-italicizes all unread tabs and colors them red to make them more noticeable)

Download Statusbar (Instead of opening the download window, it would show up in my statusbar instead so there will be no more disturbances when downloading pictures)

Video DownloadHelper (download .flv's from YouTube, Crunchyroll, Veoh, and many other sites that have flash content in them)

Extended Statusbar (A statusbar with speed, percentage, time, images and loaded size like Opera's)

FireGestures (Mouse-gestures done by right-clicking and dragging the mouse along the screen like Opera's. Fully customizable and recommended for those who are too lazy to click the Back/reload/close/etc buttons)

Fission (Progress bar in the address bar, just like Safari's. Really cool. Customizable color and configurations)

Flashgot (Integrates itself with external download managers and integrates them within Firefox. Works with other extensions, like Video DownloadHelper, so you can download those videos using your download manager instead of the standard downloader. I recommend either Internet Download Manager, Flashget or Download Accelerator Plus)

FoxyProxy (Proxy management extension. I don't know too much about proxies, so I'm letting something that does do all the work for me)

IE Tab (Use Internet Explorer within Firefox so you won't have to open the damned thing. Used only with those "IE-only" sites... Or use Flashpeak Slimbrowser, an AWESOME and super-light web-browser based on IE.)

Mac Shortcuts (Use Mac-only keyboard shortcuts on your browser. Really cool shortcuts, especially if you want to surprise your friends on how you closed their browser/tabs and such. An example is ctrl+W for Close Tab (closes the browser if there's only 1 tab active))

PDF Download (If you want to download PDFs, view them as HTML, or view them with an external PDF viewer, then this is for you)

Speed Dial (Similar to Opera's Speed Dial, it provides direct access to the websites you assigned to the number. Really cool and fully configurable. A must-try!)

Tab Clicking Options (adds multiple tab/tab bar clicking commands. Very useful for people who like to manage their tabs. Also highly recommended!)

TabRenamizer (For those who like to change the names of their tabs and their side-image, then this is for you. Its anti-paranoia for those who like to view "those" sites in tabs without onlookers noticing anything Big grin)

Tab Counter (Displays the number of tabs you have open on the upper-right corner of your browser (beside that spiny-thingie when your page loads).)

WebMail Notifier (Notifies you when you receive new mail. Obvious, no?)

Current skin: Vista on XP (Experimental skin, but seems to work without bugs for me.)

Here's a pic of my Firefox:
[Image: MyFirefox.jpg]

And just for showing-off, here's a pic of my desktop~!
Wallpaper courtesy of Macintosh OSX Leopard!
Theme is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2006
[Image: MyDesktop.png]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
Speed dial makes your FireFox look extremely busy.

Shayde Wrote:TabRenamizer (For those who like to change the names of their tabs and their side-image, then this is for you. Its anti-paranoia for those who like to view "those" sites in tabs without onlookers noticing anything Big grin)

LOL

Nice desktop.
Makes it look busy, but isn't. It loads them just once, then I configured them never to refresh the page automatically. It actually takes a screenshot of the page when it loads and saves it in its "memory". Its basically just a link with a picture attached. Hey, if Opera did it, so can Firefox~

Oh yeah, thanks~LOL
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"