Critique my new AC
Cool 
Head: Eye (40Cooling,60shelldef)
Core: Helios (50weight,50Cooling)
Arms: CR-A88FG (40Cooling,60shelldef)
Legs: Dingo2 (40shelldef,60mxlegweight)
Boosters: Vulture 2 (100BoostPower)
Generator: Lotus (100 Energy Output)
Radiator: Ananda (40 Energy Drain, 60 Cooling)

Weapons: Pixie 3, Elf 3
Back Weapons: Nymphe and that vertical missile thing forgot its name

Salute cheers!
Alright, still have no LR but I play with these parts so I kinda know how they work in concert. I'll also assume that you've read our previous posts on having the Miroku FCS on when you're single wielding.

Basically, this is something very fun to play around with. Helios gives you cool OB, but I don't think you need to worry about that since you do have Vulture2 and Lotus on. Dingo2 is very fast for its class. So on first impressions, this looks fine.

However, some criticism: the frame, aesthetically beautiful as it is, lacks a bit in defense, with the blame falling mainly on the Helios. Either switch this core out for the UL2, or switch your arms to something with better defenses, like Macaque or even Lemur2/Loris. Eye is pretty heavy in drain but you got other pretty low drain parts so it's all good.

Weapon load-out wise, this is pretty standard. Since you only have a machinegun and a blade, it's a wise decision to pack more oomph in those missile salvos by equipping either Gar, Gar2 or RM3 extensions. The verts will provide some much needed poking and deterring power upon firing, as well as giving you a window upon which to approach your opponents for the occasional blade swipe, but be careful not to stall the game too long. Your other weapons rely on getting in and out quickly.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't pay much attention to your tunes. I'll let someone else handle that.
Grimlok pretty much summed it up. I'm assuming that you don't have all parts available yet. Well the parts you're using are pretty good anyway. Eye is actually a better head than I first realized (particularly because of its awesome radar). The other frame parts are pretty good too. Yes, defense is kinda lacking... but that's what happens when you use a super-lightweight. Try MIROKU for a balanced FCS or COWRY if you want a HUGE lockbox.

As for your tuning: It's a BIG improvement from the last time Smile Nice to see you learning. Just some minor tweaks and you're ready to go!

DINGO2 - I know you tuned it for leg weight to get extra speed. However, I think it's worth more to tune it for defense or cooling in this case because DINGO2 gets HUGE gains from defense and cooling tunes.

LOTUS - This is only a suggestion: Try tuning 8 to output and 2 to condenser capacity. You'll get more air time for a very small penalty in refresh rate. It's only a matter of preference. Tuning 10 points to output is fine too.

VULTURE2 - Most well-rounded booster, in my opinion. 10 to boost power is fine. But I'd just like to note that in LR, acceleration plays a big role in dodging fire. Let me suggest a few alternative tunes for VULTURE2: (0,1,6,3) --> emphasis on accel (my preferred tuning). (0,5,5,0) --> Balanced speed with good accel. (0,0,0,10) --> gives you the safest possible overboost configuration (leperman's preferred tuning). Etc etc. Well, any way you tune VULTURE2 will still turn out good.

ANANDA - best radiator in the game. You'll get bigger gains if you tune this to 100% cooling rather than putting some on energy drain. In some radiators like the R92, tuning for energy drain may be a good idea. But for ANANDA, it's not worth it in my opinion.

Sa tuning naman, kapa-kapa lang yan eh. You just have to see which tune gives you the highest gains for a particular part. Either that or you tune to make up for certain deficiencies that a design has such as low cooling or low defense.

Keep on playing Wink
changed my weapons
removed the nymphe and put these instead:
CR-WB73NV
CR-Wb69R0
Gar

Max Boost Speed =from 480+ down to 470 Bye haaay
any tips on targeting with rockets?

oh and i can't decide with the vulture2 or the gull
the vulture has good accel and not too hot
while the gull has good boost power but the accel and heat i dunno

help me make a decision
what is more important boost power or acceleration for my build

oh and my FCS is a monju.....where do i get the Miroku?
plus plus does the optional part to increase gen capacity worth the 4 slots? cuz i can't put on the missile lock-on reduction thing.....or any other optional parts that are not that useful?
Salute thanks again
I've been playing LR for more than a year now but I still don't know what/how acceleration affect performance...
Acceleration is basically how fast your AC can get to its top speed. This tends to have a bigger benefit on twitch-dodging and boost-hopping.

Boost power, on the other hand, simply determines your AC's top speed. This tends to have a bigger effect on boost-dashing on the ground.

VULTURE2 is has much less risk to using it, but you'll lose a bit of air time (tune it any way you want.)

GULL on the other hand, is one of the hottest boosters in the game. However, it gives really good air time and boost power but poor acceleration (it's usually tuned all the way to heat. Or you can tune it to 8-9 on heat and 1-2 on acceleration).

Either one is good. Just experiment between the two and see which fits your style more.

Hrm. Try to stay away from rockets. Even pros don't use them because they're too demanding. NYMPHE is actually already a very reliable missile pack. The 69M starter missile is actually also very good and accurate as long as you fire it straight towards your opponent.

Hrm MONJU is a good FCS especially when you're using missiles that take forever to get a lock. If you like MONJU, try the F73H for a bigger box.

If you like staying in the air for really long, then yes, the optional part that increases generator capacity may be for you. But generally, I don't recommend it.
You know,I've gotten used to using rockets even against human players. Shifty
Really I am,ever since I tried to master Cascade range,Rockets weren't much of a problem for me because it's the only deadly weapon it has besides its laser blade..
Even Japanese players, with their godly aiming and overall skills, fail to maximize rockets.
Not really mastered it,but just gotten used to its lucky shot technique. Even if it hits just once in a while,it still deals heavy damages
I'm not doubting your ability to get it to hit. Just saying that on a competitive level, rockets don't get anyone very far.
Yeah I know. Though it could have been better if they explode like grenades,then I'll really try to master it
i've changed my mind again and i'm gonna redesign.....
the only rockets I have trust in is the sphinx it has a small 3 shot spread increasing accuracy problem would be weight and ammo shortage.. but my rocket skills are still mediocre so I still haven't used a design with it XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Sphinx is good.
The weight isn't much of a problem.
Try Stun Blading with it. It's good.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique my LW AC Morrissey 10 8,513 11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Last Post: NiX