Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:13 AM
FA Discussion
didn't do it.. too much anime to watch..
"Stand tall, shake the Heavens"

Back of case of "Xenogears"
wooooot! Jp ACFA just released regs 1.3

It altered every single part of the game,specifically the game speed,try it out guys
^
I'm missing the blade lock/tracking... >.<
[All systems online. Kojima output normal. Synchronizing AMS Compatibility... Done. Engaging Primal Armor... Done. All systems green. Firing main boosters.]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
ur gonna have to get use to this --,
1.3 IS OUT FOR NA PS3

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Just got it. Can't wait to pour my heart into Armored Core again. Hopefully I'll like it.
Wo-hoo! I now have a copy of ZoE, customizable version..... I mean, AC:fA. And I found myself overwhelmed, not knowing where to start, or what to do. Quick question: do you need AC4 to get the complete parts list for AC:fA? Thanks
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Nope, everything in ZOE:4 is fully unlockable in ZOE:FA Tongue

About starting somewhere, the missions are good to get some know-how on the game, and if you complete the game twice, it unlocks all of the parts for you to use IIRC (I just finished the game twice and all the parts were available, dunno if the scenario path you take will mater). FRS points (AKA tuning points) are awarded by completing missions and finishing them on HARD mode.

Also, raw speed is calculated by your boost power AND is modified by the specific part you are using, and not the total weight of the AC, which goes against the long standing tradition of weight affecting your top speed. In a sense, each part has a hidden Aerodynamic stat which will affect your top speed in FA. Weight affects the acceleration of your AC.

To put it to the test, equip the light SOBRERO core, which has a higher aerodynamic stat on an AC, fully load the machine to its max weight cap, then record its top speed. Then Equip the heavy SOLDNER core, which has the lowest aerodynamic stat on the same machine, adjust the weapons or internals to fit the weight of the machine, then record its top speed. You'll see that the SOBRERO core equipped AC has a higher top speed than the one with the SOLDNER core despite their total weights being equal.

A more detailed test can be seen here: http://www.armoredcore.org/forums/index....opic=10973
Awesome. Thanks. So that aerodynamic stat can only be figured out through testing? No "official" list of aerodynamic stats of each part?

Another round of questions, what does AS and PM missiles do? I don't get what they're supposed to do. And... Do proximity missiles do full damage even if they don't directly hit an opponent, or is it reduced? Thanks thanks. I better do more research, and practice a lot. This whole thing needs an entirely different skill set.

And, btw, what regulations are you guys on (at least for competitive play)?

Yeah, AFAIK its not listed down so the testing was done through pure trial and error, but the general rule still applies that the heavier part is slower than a lighter part.

I'm not so sure about what PM or AS missiles do since I don't really use them.

Also, Regulation 1.4 seems to be the best bet right now for competitive online play. Still does not fix lag though Tongue
Nooooooooo. Mag LR ka nalang.
(07-13-2009, 09:48 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Also, Regulation 1.4 seems to be the best bet right now for competitive online play. Still does not fix lag though Tongue

Leave it to From to keep their fan base hanging. Tongue

And, about aiming, There are many stuff that contribute to lock speed and the "lock box", but what can be done about tracking? I have a hard time getting a lock using the sniper cannon (or the like) even on long range (I assume it's easier to maintain a lock at long range) when dealing with highly agile/QB abusing ACs. I feel guilty switching to reg 1.0 just to defeat an AC with missile barrage (so far I've only done this against White Glint in the Order Match; haven't reached her in the mission mode yet).

But I admit that I'm still green in this game, and is still getting used to the speed and controls. It's gonna take a while.

Btw, I started with Omer as my initial corporation. GA/Interior Union/Independent can follow.

@Nix: Magl-LR pa ako. Namimiss ko na yun AC. LOL Paminsan-minsan na lang yun ZOE:fA

I think the FCS Lock Speed is supposed to affect all the lock speeds of all direct-firing weapons including back mounts. For hand weapons, the arm's Maneuverability stat is supposed to affect the lock-on speed of arm mounted weapons.

Take note that the accuracy stat of arms does affect the spread of weapons in conjunction with the weapon's accuracy stat as well. There is a noticeable difference in shot grouping sizes if you test an SR with the least accurate arms against the more accurate arms (AGYROS and one of the BFF arms IIRC, I could be wrong with the former though) this may have significant effects especially when fighting at long range. Also important to note is the Melee Ability of the weapon, which is to say the "lock-box" size of the weapon. The higher the value, the larger the lock area.

If you want to go cheap on the game, use reg 1.2. That reg gives almost unlimited energy and more powerful missiles compared to reg 1.0. Blades are also ruthless in 1.2 with their lunges reaching long distances. Also, the initial corporate sponsor doesn't have much impact on the single player game except for your starting AC. That's it AFAIK.

Nix, I'm still playing LR Tongue Well, not as much as Fallout 3, but I tinkered with it a few days ago, and I just might do it again Tongue Its just really hard to make a new totally new design given we've explored so much about the game already.
Arm Weapon Tracking is purely affected by the maneuverability of the Arms. Back weapon tracking... isn't. Also, check out the melee ability of a weapon. They higher the value, the better the weapon does at close range. A great real-life example is that it would be easier for you to swing a machine gun around when you're near your target while it would be much harder for you to swing a long sniper rifle around at close range.

FCS Lock On Speed determines how fast the target ring on your target turns red. Stability of the Arm parts affects how your NEXT handles the weapon's shot type. Let's say you use a machine gun and you're using a thin Arm part. With all the rattling and vibrations from the machine gun, the Arm part wouldn't be able to stabilize properly and the Arm would be shaking and rattling while firing the weapon, making the spread fire much wider than it normally would be, even if your screen says you're locked on. This will affect how quickly the arm re-positions itself to take an accurate shot. Basically, the larger the Arm, the more stable they are. Slower fire-rate weapons MIGHT (but not necessarily saying ARE) recommended for thin Arm parts if you want to go mid or long range.

I highly suggest you practice with Regulations 1.4 right away for you to get used to the aerodynamic concept. AFAIK, this did NOT exist in the previous regulations.
[All systems online. Kojima output normal. Synchronizing AMS Compatibility... Done. Engaging Primal Armor... Done. All systems green. Firing main boosters.]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
I'm almost done collecting all the parts of the game. Although I don't think I'll get all the FRS (S ranking every single mission in hard mode is gonna be too time consuming), I'm aiming for the main parts and finishing every S hard mission at very least. So with that, I've starting transitioning to 1.4 reg. The difference in movement is huge, and other stuff. Aside from the aerodynamic hidden stat, are there other hidden stats added after 1.2? After playing around with 1.4, I noticed that PA took a significantly longer time to restart after using AA in contrast to 1.2. I used the SOBRERO AA; haven't tried the others. Is there a difference in PA refreshing among AA now, or a hidden stat? Or are there other factors to consider? (btw, I dunno if AA is practical in a human battle; haven't actually fought anyone yet IRL LOL )

Thanks in advance!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 99,971 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  ACV General Discussion Lord_Leperman 546 688,534 04-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Sirius140
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 29,709 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  SLp Discussion J.E_Magog 46 67,918 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM