Current time: 05-21-2024, 04:11 AM
Resiklo
So, it's December 25, 2007. Has anyone watched this film? Plan on watching maybe?
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Nope. Tongue
Not unless you pay me too. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Fox Wrote:Not unless you pay me too. Big grin

I'd rather buy you a frap from starbucks than give you cash to watch this; it's a better trade-off. LOLz
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
This Movie is one big ASA
'Signatures are overrated.'
Even if they tried bribing me, I wouldn't waste my time watching this movie. Tongue
Resiklo bagged the Best Picture award at the MMFF:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxKfCmTVpF8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxKfCmTVpF8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is madness...
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Cut them some slack. They unloaded lots of money for this.
Throwing more money at a movie does not mean it can buy an audience's respect. Or an award for that matter.

Funny - they said that the suit for the Captain Barbell TV series cost 20,000 USD alone. The show itself suffered from being a noticeable ripoff of Smallville.

Do I detect a pattern here?
Well Resiklo is a big step forward for Filipino CGI. It deserved credit for that at least.

Which movie do you think deserved the title?

EDIT:

Besides, most of the other entries were only sequels of tried-and-tested crowd-pleasers. And the other movies that weren't sequels weren't so groundbreaking either. (In fairness though, Desperadas was quite interesting.) You have to give Resiklo credit for trying something not normally seen in the local movie industry.
To be completely, brutally honest?

I think we should just axe the MMFF altogether. When the panel of judges included people like Bayani Fernando, it speaks volumes about their expertise with rating films.

Quote:Besides, most of the other entries were only sequels of tried-and-tested crowd-pleasers. And the other movies that weren't sequels weren't so groundbreaking either. (In fairness though, Desperadas was quite interesting.) You have to give Resiklo credit for trying something not normally seen in the local movie industry.

1. If Bong Revilla had decided not to act in this flick, I wouldn't be so well-nigh vindictive. He did, and it has tarnished the movie.

2. I've seen my share of local artist's works to know that the production cost does not justify the level (or lackoff) of creativity made apparent in the film.
Axe MMFF altogether? That's probably the worst thing they can do. MMFF is probably the only thing left that's keeping the local movie industry afloat.
Not really. I've been more partial for the indie film circle. At least THAT gets us international acclaim from real critics.

I better be more clear - Axe the existing MMFF mechanics (the one that let Enteng Kabisote win out against Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo), and restructure it into something that reeks much less of politicking
And just to add:

How many of us here actually watched movies in the last MMFF? Did any of us even watch Resiklo? So then, are we in any position to judge? I did watch a few of the movies, but not all of them.

As for indie films, sure they do get international recognition and are most probably better than the commercial stuff. But so what? The only people that get to watch these kinds of movies are either not Filipino or the Filipino upper crust. Ordinary people don't even see (or even hear about) these movies and hence do nothing to develop pride for local film-making.
I have to admit - I did not watch Resiklo.

Touche on calling that matter, and on the Indie film indsutry.

I did watch Banal. The storyline's not too shabby, with the dialogue depending heavily on the actor/actresss talent. As for the script, well, I would have preferred that the writes weren't trying smash the them into my face like a sledgehammer.

But here's my question:

Why can't our mainstream writers try to learn [/align]a thing or two from the indie scene?