Current time: 05-04-2024, 01:53 AM
Dizzy (I'm new!!!!)
i need some help getting the rust off, and while i beat all the story lines and arena guys in LR, i feel like im still no where near as good as some of you vets.

heres Dizzy, my lightweight pokebot that i used online for a bit...

head cicada 0,10
core cronus 0, 10
arms fl 0, 6, 4
legs dingo2 0, 10
booster gull 0, 0, 6, 4
fcs f73h
lotus 0, 8, 2
ananda 0,0, 10

ext Jiren
arm r RS (sniper)
arm L RS (sniper)

dual HP in my hangers

ops:
amino, es, ss, kiss, l+, codon, r+, marishi

sometimes i use the fenrir sniper in there too.. i REALLY like sniper guns, although, it took me forever to get really good at them ( which... i think i kinda am at least)

please be brutal, i'd love help making this guy better!

nice to meet you all (i've been a fan of this site for a long time... idk why i waited so long to join lol...)
Welcome to The Raven Republic, mekkakat. If you're interested on introducing yourself, you might want to post here.

Anyway, as for the design, I don't really understand how you tuned your head and your core, but I take it's tuned purely for EN defense, right? Right now I don't have any working PS2, so I might as well post just post with stock knowlegde.

If you want some nice performance, try sticking EYE3. I can't really recall the stats, but the EYE3 is the best radar-featured head imo.

The CRONUS is one of my favorite cores aside from the 99UL, it's light. I won't recommend you any tunes since it's your personal preference anyway (the other members might help).

FL is already good enough for it's mediocre EN drain and it's nice cooling stat. You can try MACAQUE if you want, def stats are nice for a lightweight. :p

DINGO2 is fast, but also breaks fast due to its leg weight. I'd get I'd get the COUGAR2 if I were you though since I'm satisfied with its def stats.

I don't have anything to say regarding your internal parts. It's good, so you might want to remove JIREN.

As for your weapons, better get something with a different Larm weapon that'll make your lockbox bigger (with the F73H's Parallel Sight, it'll make your lockbox significantly bigger) if you're having some aiming issues.

Feel free to follow my advice if you want. :p

EDIT: Added the word Feel.
actually, after re-reading, it appears i did put the wrong head. its supposed to be an eye3 like you said.

as far as the legs, i LOVE the cougar2's, but i like the idea of zipping above the heads of my enemies the entire match, poking them with nasty damage pecks.

i picked the game up again after a long while, letting the rust really settle, but after about 4 good hours of arena play, i refined this build a bit...

eye3 is in
cronus and jiren are still in
urchin

left arm weapon swap to fenrir (optional)

and while i love a nice big lockbox, i've somehow become very used to using a tiny one (its not `that` small though) lb. im actually still to this day a pretty good shot, missing maybe 2-3 shots total on mid-speed bots ever. its dodging projectiles (not missiles, those are easy) that i still suck at : /

the idea is pin them down with the urchins, and lay your fenrir or general r/l sniper into them for big numbers. use jiren to maintain the constant flank-ability this build offers Big grin

tonight was also the second time i ever beat Lucifer! so yay me! (with this build Tongue)
Welcome to the board mekkakat. Please do post in the introductions thread so everyone gets to know you. Big grin

On your build, you may want to put 99UL in, instead of Cronus. 99UL got CAMs, with a very similar performance to Cronus.

Jiren's good, but this AC should have enough surplus EN. Maybe you'd wanna swap it for GAR, then put in a 69M on the back for variation of weapons?

Are you a type A controller player or type B? If you were type B, urchin might not work for the AC because of the conflict or reload times and switching times. Usually if type B players would bring an inside part, it would only be decoys.

Lastly, you can't go wrong with the internals. Lotus+Ananda+Gull+F73h is a staple in many ACs. Big grin
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Hi Mekkakat and welcome to the Raven Republic! Smile

Hrm... now about this AC... well first of all, like Maitreya said, you may want to try out the 99UL instead of the CRONUS. For a bit more weight points, you get similar performance AND missile defense in the form of CAMS.

Secondly, why the JIREN? This being a quick low drain sniper, I can't see how JIREN will benefit your AC's performance. In fact, it's probably slowing you down.

And lastly, why the urchin? Is it for defense against rushers? Since you're a sniper and you'll be staying away for most of the match, you may want to reconsider whether you really need the Urchin or not.
i use jiren for now because my boosting isnt what it used to be : / , and i keep dishing out a little too much energy than i should be... i also seemed to have forgotten how to boost hop... but for this test using what you guys told me to, im taking those suckers off, because they're heavy as crap!

(any tips on that are welcome)

the urchin IS for rushers, and also for slower hoppers and tanks, to freeze them from getting into mid range, or simply pin them down. its really not that important, i just like them, but i'll take em out for all testing purposes! Big grin

also... please forgive me.. but i've never known what CAMs are... is that like... automated missile defense??
Core Anti Missile System. Those are the laser things that come out of your core to shoot down incoming missiles. It's really useful in LR. Tongue
Hello Dizzy, Welcome to RR even though this is the wrong thread to greet you in.

There's really not much else to say about the frame itself since the other members covered it nicely.

What I want to say is that try not to use sniper rifles in LR, specifically the RS when you play other people if you want to be respected. I think the RS is pretty much a super powered rifle, making it for lack of a better word, cheap and overused by a majority of players. This is because of its quick firing interval and its power as well as range.

With that said, I think that you balance yourself out by using another sniper rifle thus consigning yourself to a smaller lock box. If you want full-on training wheels, stick in an HP or machine gun on the left hand side, and use an H3 super heater and another HP in the hangers.

You did ask us to be brutal Smile
haha well im glad i got a lot of input.

i never knew snipers were in the cheapy category either. a lot of people thought i was pretty bold for using them back in the day Tongue i guess thats all changed since then though haha

i like rifles like the r3 a lot too... idk.. what are your fav rifles that could work here? (i like solid ammo btw)

---

just made those changes... totally LOVE the UL.

really great... ok so heres what i have...

eye3
UL
FL
Dingo2
f73h
gull
lotus
ananda

siren 3

rs sniper
rs sniper
hp hanger
hp hanger

amino
es
ss
kiss
l+
codon
r+
marishi

what do you guys think?

also.... what about tuning? i have it tuned.. but probably not that great...
UL there is the non-OB UL, I suppose? There're 99UL (non-OB) and /UL (OB).

If you're bringing a radar, Siren3 is overkill. RA does the job as a vs. AC radar. And if you're bringing a radar, switch your head to a radarless head with a higher defense than Eye3. S2 or S4 fit that category well.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division