Current time: 05-21-2024, 12:49 AM
Watchmen
Just watched it a while ago.

I gotta say that it's definitely an almost perfect translation of the comic into film. It was really great seeing everything I read about acted out in live action. But somehow, the whole thing left me feeling empty after.

I was actually looking around the theater after the movie to see the reactions on people's faces. A lot of them had this "WTF JUST HAPPENED" face. LOL They were probably expecting something like X-Men.

Don't get me wrong. It's not badly done at all. But I do agree with some critics that said that there's no point to this movie's existence.

EDIT: By the way, I actually prefer the slight change made to the ending.
Just got to watch it yesterday.

Four-fifths of the film was good. Not perfect, some of the acting was bad, the music was different (to put it lightly), and some of the good parts were left out like Rorschach's psychiatrist. They also could have tried to at least introduce the Black Freighter metafic, seeing as it will have a separate DVD movie. Again, not perfect, but good.

The last one-fifth was a letdown though. After reading the original ending, I felt a bit empty inside, but it was a kind of meaningful nothingness (haha if you can understand that, props to you - that's the best way I can put it). Watching the new ending was a bit like, "Umm... OK..." Where was Ozymandias' self-doubt? And Doc Manhattan's disconnection? It just wasn't there, much like the giant alien squid bomb wasn't.

Kudos though to Jackie Earle Haley and Patrick Wilson though. Their performances were really good.

Overall, a so-so for me. Could have been much better if they stuck to the source material all the way.
Mix, that's EXACTLY how I felt. Meaningful nothingness... Yeah, that sums it up quite well.

I'll definitely buy the director's cut DVD though.
Personally, I felt Rorschach stole the show.

On a side note,

Quote: The last one-fifth was a letdown though. After reading the original ending, I felt a bit empty inside, but it was a kind of meaningful nothingness (haha if you can understand that, props to you - that's the best way I can put it). Watching the new ending was a bit like, "Umm... OK..." Where was Ozymandias' self-doubt? And Doc Manhattan's disconnection? It just wasn't there, much like the giant alien squid bomb wasn't.

I wept after realizing my bated anticipation for the psychic squid of doom was all for naught. I want my 100-meter exploding cephalodpod, biatch! Compared to the nukes, at least that showed class an creativity (not to mention copious amounts of blood and gore in the comic).

My dad also had the gall to say "san si Wolverine?" halfway through the film.

No, he wasn't kidding. Facepalm

Thank the powers that be we were too far up front for anybody else to hear.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
(03-06-2009, 08:33 PM)NiX Wrote: I was actually looking around the theater after the movie to see the reactions on people's faces. A lot of them had this "WTF JUST HAPPENED" face. LOL They were probably expecting something like X-Men.
I read the book & watched the movie. Its quite good but not recommended for children...
"The harder the battle the sweet of jah victory." Jason
Hahah yeah man that's why it was meant to be R18. Tongue
Eh 'di sana naging R-18 na lang tapos no cuts.

Peste ang MTRCB. D: