Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:36 PM
LR: Thinking of a new design
Hey guys, what hasn't been done yet? What more can we squeeze from this aging game?

It doesn't have to be something totally outrageous. Maybe something that's fresh but still competitive.
workable hover designs XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Hahah I think that's been done too. I've given up on LR hovers and RJs in general though. Tongue But if someone can think of something great, then why not?
I think the PS2 generation of AC has seen it all already: the combination of humanoid, reverse joint, quad, tank and hover, with light, mid and heavyweight classes, with rushdown, time attacking, and purely defensive playstyles. I think there's already been an AC built for each niche. It's just that the majority of those ACs suck, and will be beaten by a few choice combinations, like:

time-attacking humanoid mid;
defensive humanoid heavy;
rushdown tank;
time-attacking RJ;
time-attacking quad;

which is a reason why many unique designs fade into obscurity. I guess that's what happens when you have a finite number of parts in a game. Even though they're many, they'll eventually all be explored.
that's why we need modding capabilities soo boss G what ever happened to the dude who was cracking the code of LR?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I'm not really looking for something along those lines.

I'm more interested in concept designs.

Kinda like that quad that I made with G91+GULL+ANANDA that doesn't self-heat.

Or something like Rick's AC that can fly almost forever. Stuff like that.

Right now I'm messing with the ICURUS. I'm experimenting on pairing it with B81.
I can't get myself to play LR again Sad My brain and hands are now hard-wired to play FA with O as my QB. I can only think of a missile spammer that has heavy direct fire support much like Halimaw's 3rd form (HYDRA + GAR, KARURA and BP for left arm support), alternating between 2 missile patterns with BZ shots sneaked in, maybe if you can put that on an RJ, it would be better.
WTF Rick, stop playing Project Force and start playing ARMORED CORE.
(03-09-2009, 04:45 PM)NiX Wrote: WTF Rick, stop playing Project Force and start playing ARMORED CORE.

AHAHAHA.
Right now, I'm trying to play LR with a very fresh file. No extra parts and all. Hirap pala without some parts I'm used to. Para akong hinubaran ng buhay. Konti lang kasi pera pag fresh file eh. Pero kahit meron ako nung file ni HellHound sa Nexus, I'm having second thoughts in using it. It would've been fun If I used my backpay to buy my own 2nd hand PS2. Ika nga, nasa huli ang pagsisisi.

Anyways, Let's see what I could Pickup.
'Signatures are overrated.'
AC that can fly forever almost? where is this? I must see it!
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
(03-14-2009, 07:49 AM)Tadakatsu1Honda Wrote: AC that can fly forever almost? where is this? I must see it!

http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=1363& Tongue
Ahh, thanks Big L. Imma have fun with that thing :p
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
those "perma-flier" AC's are as old as NX.

If you're haviibg some trouble building AC's, try using low tier parts or parts you would never use to spice things up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LR Design idea: Ever thought about 98G+left hand RLA? wanzerfreak 1 3,641 09-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog