Current time: 05-15-2024, 05:06 AM
PACT Regulations for LR Two-on-Two
I see your reasoning, but it adds complications. And I think we're tired of complicated rules. LOL

BTW, since you're posting, can we count on you showing up for a PACT 6? Big grin (I know you'll be using a KRSW LOL )
Yah, tanks have a very hard time against a lot of missiles and Harpy. It's basically a game ender for a tank that doesn't come in with Decoys/AMS and Harpy is pretty much a game ender for tanks all around. Yasya should be pretty legal for anyone who wants to run Orbits, though. They weigh a lot and don't move.

I would just hit up Harpy2 ban.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Yup, all the other PACT rules are still in effect.

But let me post a summary anyway (all still up for discussion).

Banned:

ECM pods
H3 handguns
HARPY2
LORIS arms (except on tanks?)
LEMUR2 arms (except on tanks?)
TP Boosters
ALL EXTENSIONS
ALL LEFT ARM EQUIPMENT other than blades and shields (An extra blade or shield may still be hangered)

UA Core
- Can hanger a right-hand weapon ONLY IF USING TANK LEGS (and hovers?)

ROC4 Pulse Rifle
- CANNOT be hangered

HP Handgun
(2)CANNOT be hangered

How's that?
(02-25-2010, 06:05 PM)NiX Wrote: I see your reasoning, but it adds complications. And I think we're tired of complicated rules. LOL

BTW, since you're posting, can we count on you showing up for a PACT 6? Big grin (I know you'll be using a KRSW LOL )

ok Happy things should not be complicated anymore...

um... what's the planned date and location for PACT6? Roll eyes

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
U guys really want to ban all extensions for aesthetics? I think that's going too far.
One neat thing for reference and future use of Harpy/Harpy2: If paired with left arm HNM missile launcher the Harpy locks on drastically slower. Much, much more slowly. Even Monju forces you to maintain a lock for a good bit of time, and that's with LA optional. Orbit cannon arms aren't important since they sacrifice so much utility just to be able to manhandle tanks a bit. You guys already made that point, though, haha.

Anyway, I like those bans. I'm obviously not going to be able to play in this tournament, which makes me pretty unhappy. But being far away makes it difficult for me to attend, haha. I'd consider reviewing the ECM bans. ECM is pretty easily handle-able by having around 600ECM Resist. Once you hit 800 it's pretty much negligible. It does make the game drag out more though, so in the case of simplicity I'd say keep it banned. LCC and I have recently been looking at ECM pods in LR and have talked about whether they should really be banned.

TP Booster definitely needs banning since it shatters standard design mechanics.

The rest I can understand debating, though. Specifically for a 2vs2 scenario. I'm not experienced with 2vs2 at all. Haha. I always just 1vs1 over XLink Kai or Adhoc party. I would assume that in a single weapon setting that H3 wouldn't be so bad, but I can't say for sure. A person with R2/SolidShield could probably counter H3/Moonlight pretty easy. It's all dependant on whether you can pair it with something or not. Alone, it's pretty weak since it doesn't put out damage fast enough to counter a lot of standard setups. Especially vs Solid Shield.

That's about all the real input I can give on actual bans for the tourney. Good luck, chums!

PS: Man, if I could compete in this tourney I would so bring my Urchin/RMG/Harpy1/Moonlight bot. That's all it runs, too. LW OB with sticky mines, torpedo's, orbits, sword. No right arm weapon, no left back weapon. Werd.

EDIT: Just remembered you can't bring Extensions! No RMG then! Haha.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs

JE:
Like I said, it's still all up for discussion. I was merely compiling all the suggestions so far + previous PACT rules.

Niji:
Wow, didn't know about that hand missile and orbits thing.

This halfway-across-the-world thing sucks doesn't it? LOL And since latency here absolutely blows, Kai is no good for us either.

ECM - Been thinking about it too and I do agree that they're sorta not a big deal. It'll add another interesting facet to designing. But I guess keeping them banned is just for simplicity.

Alvin:
No schedule yet. Actually, date, venue, rules, format, even the game to play, they're all still up for discussion.

Smile
Yes. Definitely keeping them banned is cool. They don't break the game or force mechanics to change, but they most definitely stretch out fights for an extra minute or two. That's why I've never pushed to have them unbanned anywhere. Entertainment value, I feel, should always come first. The AC community isn't really as big as Halo or StarCraft and such, so we can't focus bans exclusively on balance. Entertainment value matters so much more as the community gets smaller and closer together. There just aren't enough people who play AC who are so competitively oriented that they don't care about having fun. Haha.

ECM Pods mess up Cannons just like Kissyoh messes up Missiles. You gotta have around 800+ Vs. ECM to be safe with a cannon. Missiles don't take as long as Cannons to lock on, though. Nor do they have such small lockboxes. Basically, I'm still not sure whether ECM is worth unbanning. I've been spending time testing it lately, though.

I'd definitely just stick with no ECM. Especially since a lot of people have 0 experience using them and wouldn't do well with them. Haha.

Someday I need to visit you people. First I'll need a plane, though. Nothing is ever easy.

='(
Fuck terran.
Sex

welcome niji!

yeah you should visit us sometime. ain't that hard to visit the phils anyway.

anyway i'm cool with the rules as of the moment. it's not really a bad thing to be different once in a while or just try new stuff to spice up AC a bit. hey, we might get to see actual blading too. LOL
wahehehe... i guess i will have some time to play again... LOL

and i should really buy a good PS2 controller (coz mine's got busted Glare huhuhu...Tears )

looking forward to this... look guys, we have some unique and clean rules here that others didn't implemented in the first place. Clapping go Raven Republic!

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
still skeptical with the all left and all ext bans the more overkill parts can be omitted but I don't think all of them deserve a 2v2 ban.

but if that happens miroku would gain a popularity boost for sure.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Clone: The rationale is that by forcing single-wielding, battles might get stretched out a bit longer than last time. The longest match before was just under 2 minutes, I think. A few even ended in less than a minute because of focus-fire.
oooh sorry bout that ( admittedly I didn't read the whole discussion before posting XP )

but maybe the ext can stay (save rm2,3 and gar 2) most of the ext are defensive in nature so they can help in that.

for the left arm weapons how about some exceptions the weaker rifles, pistols and what not
but yeah looking at it again these bans do have a good point XD

Which rifles and pistols in particular?
ahck my biggest weakness specifics XD
hmm well anyway I believe these weapons may make the cut.
h1,h2, the left arm missile launcher, the indirect fire weapons ,plasma and pulse weapons (save the roc 4)
and maybe the sniper rifles save the r1?

since I started playing lr dual wielding has already become second nature the sudden shift maybe a lil to much XD but as always play testing this is always the best answer ... to bad I can't go this saturday XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 65,494 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,547 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 326,741 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT Regulations for LR NiX 316 392,014 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PACT 6 NiX 36 47,256 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM