Current time: 05-14-2024, 07:54 PM
PACT Regulations for LR Two-on-Two
I don't agree with removing left hand weapons altogether.

I think that there's actually some skill involved in using both left and right hand weapons properly. Without that, the game becomes noobish and a tournament would become more dependent on construction than actual skill. It's purposefully omitting an element of the game's design.

There might be a way to allow some pistols still? But then it may needlessly complicate the rules
For example, 69H only and the trade-off would be no hanger
...And having to use a shitty set of arms or something.
Yeah but rules like that will pretty much be as long as a novel. Sad And it'll need too much testing. I'm always up for that, of course. But who else is?
Handguns are the easiest to use and some of the most useful left hand weapons around. Unbanning them is effectively unbanning all left arm weapons. On almost any AC that uses a left arm weapon, you can switch that left arm weapon for a handgun like Wraith/69H and gain a large performance boost in PvP or break even with your old setup.

If you decide to unban some left arm weapons, make it weapon classes that are normally unused. ND or Special weapons only, or only allow GL/Shotgun/Missiles etc. Something that makes aiming harder will artificially raise match time and if it's also not the top end of left arm weapons you'll see a lot of new designs. The problem is, of course, having a huge ass banlist.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
hmm, but won't unbanning SOME left hand weapons defeat the purpose of banning them altogether? units using two hand weapons(save for the rockets) will still technically have much much more firepower and flexibility than a design using only a right weapon.

keep in mind that the reason for banning the left hand weapons was not for balance, but for the sake of some sort of throwback to the ps1 games. It doesnt have anything to do with skill, just for tripping purposes to spice things up a bit and make things different.
I say ban all left hand guns for simplicity and for amping up the radical factor. Allowing some lefty guns and banning others brings about too many questions and rule caveats which are all a pain to design within.

Besides, Mark is right. We need something new to shake up our LR game. I vote for allowing only blades and shields on the left arms, since blades don't lock and shields aren't that effective anyway.
I also suggest ONE KRSW user only per team. itll be very boring if all teams start to whore the thing as it can even compete against dual wielders. Yes, the top tier guys can prolly say that the krsw already demands a lot from the unit design, but hey, just to make things different and not a "krsw fest"

also allow ALL blades. doesnt matter if elf2 is the longest effin phallus compared to the rest, as it still is a non-tracking, useless thing compared to the R3. lol
So... the majority seems to be cool with just taking out all left arm weapons aside from shields and blades. That's cool with me too.

Extension are still up for discussion. Whether they stay or not is fine with me.

Single KRSW per team: The KRSW is indeed a dominant single-wield weapon. I'm sort of ok with this too (biased cuz I don't plan on using it anyway. Sorry Alvin. LOL ). But as usual, whatever everyone else decides regarding this is fine with me.
(02-27-2010, 10:32 AM)NiX Wrote: So... the majority seems to be cool with just taking out all left arm weapons aside from shields and blades. That's cool with me too.

Extension are still up for discussion. Whether they stay or not is fine with me.

Single KRSW per team: The KRSW is indeed a dominant single-wield weapon. I'm sort of ok with this too (biased cuz I don't plan on using it anyway. Sorry Alvin. LOL ). But as usual, whatever everyone else decides regarding this is fine with me.

i totally agree with the left arm gun ban. shields and blades only allowed. Ninja

for me, this will change things up. but it will not ruin the gameplay.

...and i'm also strongly agree with the all extensions ban. Chair no more, no less...no more instant missile spamming, etc. Jason

hehehe...i'm still unsure about wielding the KRSW, i still have to simulate myself with the MOA factor LOL . it's ok NiX Happy i bet Dave will use it again, since he is the "karasawa boy"...hehehe...(Dave...where are you...yoohoo! LOL ..) but sometimes using the KRSW is like having your zanpakutou...Domo ...ban-kai Ninja

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
lol we're going back to the AC1 era designs in general ... hmm well I can live with that XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(02-27-2010, 05:27 PM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: ...and i'm also strongly agree with the all extensions ban. Chair no more, no less...no more instant missile spamming, etc. Jason
Missiles already suck in LR. They lack accuracy and it takes some skill to land a full lock on. They hardly pack a punch w/o the extensions.

(02-27-2010, 07:44 AM)arch_angel Wrote: keep in mind that the reason for banning the left hand weapons was not for balance, but for the sake of some sort of throwback to the ps1 games. It doesnt have anything to do with skill, just for tripping purposes to spice things up a bit and make things different.

And I thought it is to prevent a player from getting raped by 4 guns, and to prolong fights.
Yeah original rationale was to artificially prolong fights. But then it struck some nostalgia cords. And now some people want extensions out too. I'm 50-50 about the extensions. The idea of foregoing frame tuning altogether was also brought up yesterday (by Grim, I think).

Anyway, Leperman and I did a little testing yesterday. Low-drain KRSW mids are a pretty obvious contender for top tier. Weapon arms are also looking pretty good. I did find that the lack of extensions was pretty limiting though, especially for bipeds.
(02-28-2010, 04:58 PM)NiX Wrote: Low-drain KRSW mids are a pretty obvious contender for top tier.

That's nice to hear. Always viewed the KRSW as a dead weight after the introduction of dual wielding.
Rick and I are leaning more towards not banning extensions.

And it's just my early speculation, and I can't say exactly why, but I feel that quads take the biggest hit from these rules.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Df7DX4Uxh_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Df7DX4Uxh_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-Ay7p7wrfQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-Ay7p7wrfQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCPFXAWAOGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCPFXAWAOGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nostalgia Domo

now THIS IS... ARMORED CORE Jason

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
(03-01-2010, 07:59 AM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: now THIS IS... ARMORED CORE Jason

And LR will be LR LOL

Possibly Related Threads…