Current time: 05-06-2024, 01:16 AM
PACT Regulations for LR Two-on-Two
oops, got carried away. just keep extensions. will edit.
+ Ban all extensions
LR designs somehow feel lacking when extensions of any sort are kept out of the equation.

KEEP THEM I SAY.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I vote to keep extensions, and in the interest of simplicity, I vote to keep them all.

I played a single round without them and I already felt severely hampered. Bipeds, RJs and hovers will have missiles which will be very easy to dodge. Tanks will have difficulty keeping up without the energy packs. Quads will generally stay the same though. Hmm.
Don't know how much my input counts since I can't participate, but I'd say you should probably keep all your extensions legal.

Really, banning lefties is pretty game changing for LR. Low accuracy right arm weapons mixed in with faster AC's means it'll be harder to kill people for sure. Especially since many won't bother with a blade when they can tack on a solid shield or nothing, which is more likely to give a realistic benefit. Making you even harder to kill.

Missiles will just have a hard ass time trying to hit without some support. Imagine fighting a guy running U4/Kissyoh with missiles. He has his R2/RS/BP/Sawa/Shade/98L/LGL/GL/Geryon1/Geryon3 out and you're going at him with Nymphe/Satyros/MV/Spartoi. Remember, no leftie weapons. You're likely to do almost no damage while taking quite a bit in return trying to work those missiles. I don't think any dual back missiles compare to 98G or LX either, especially vs U4/Kissyoh. No extensions takes missiles from mid-tier to low-tier, haha.

QB extensions, Anti-Missiles, Side-Shields, etc. They're all pretty negligible. Battery packs are the lifeblood of OB tanks or tanks with large energy caps. I can't imagine any tanks having a serious match vs a Sawa only LW with Golgi on if they don't have something like LGL+Jiren. Especially since there's no lock-box buffing for those cannons.

Primarily I play LW Bipedals, Tanks, and Hovers. I dislike MW or HW BP's and I dislike Quads/RJ's of all kinds. I'm simply not experienced in them. As a serious Hover/Tank user I think extensions are just too important for those two types to work without them. Just taking out HP hurts both of those types severely. Btw, by serious I mean I take them seriously and try to improve at using them every time I play them. I don't mean I'm an expert with them, hahaha.

Anyway, I think you'd be better off banning Insides than you would be banning Extensions.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
The input is very much appreciated. And I share pretty much all your sentiments there anyway.
(03-02-2010, 03:35 PM)Niji Wrote: I can't imagine any tanks having a serious match vs a Sawa only LW with Golgi on if they don't have something like LGL+Jiren.

It might be a good Idea to ban optional parts that might benefit EN weapons Laser
keep extensions since we have a ton of lucrative anti missiles, and dodging them is simpler when concentration with a left hand weapon
So I take it that the majority would rather have extensions on? Great.

How about no tuning on frame parts? Either way is fine with me.

And how about LEMUR2/LORIS on Tanks/Hovers?
We actually briefly tried two on two last night with the following rules:

No ECM pods
No H3 handguns
No HARPY2
No TP Boosters
No left arm equipment other than blades and shields (An extra blade or shield may still be hangered)
No ROC4 and HP in hangers

Only one Orbit-cannon weapon per team

UA
Blades can be hangered
Tanks can hanger weapons on the right side

Worked out interestingly enough. Matches definitely stretched out much longer this time thanks to the lack of left-hand guns.

I'm still for allowing LEMUR2 and LORIS on tanks and hovers though.
(03-03-2010, 10:39 PM)NiX Wrote: How about no tuning on frame parts? Either way is fine with me.

Removing tuning will make some of the frame combos unuseable (weighted lights and most hover legs), keep it for the sake of diversity.
*postfail?

Also I've been thinking about allowing only 1 EO core per team. A team using 2 C98E2s(if not banned) + their primary weapons , that is still enough to kill an AC in a short amount of time.
Yah. Lemur2/Loris are fine on Hovers for sure. Hover's will still suffer from poor stability and high leg/core breaking. Also, I don't expect to see too many hovers using Lemur2. The really heavy hovers running Lemur2 are just a waste and can be replaced with Biped legs and starter arms for better performance, haha. TM's heavy hover is the only one I've been able to consider as half-decent, and I still don't like it. Loris hovers would be nice, tho. It could make them more competitive at least.

Missiles will still put a hole in your legs, though.

Tanks using Lemur2/Loris is probably fine. Lack of a left arm weapons means that 98G just becomes more crazy; even if it's lockbox is smaller, so is everyone else's. Haha. I don't think Lemur2/Loris would buff a tank enough to make it crazy, though. At worst it'll make them competitive in a single wield scene!

=p

EDIT: I have no experience with EO cores so I'll stay out of that conversation.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Quote:EDIT: I have no experience with EO cores so I'll stay out of that conversation.
EO core function is 1 or 2 orbit(s) per core that will automatic tracking to an enemy(or 2 enemies) and AC3-LR series have 2 big different EO core type,
1. solid rounds
good thing(s) : EO's accuracy, more ammo, internal anti-missile system
bad thing(s) : all of ammo goes and never came back, a lot of weight
2. energy based
good thing(s) : energy based, effective with option parts, ammo can rechargeable
bad thing(s) : have usage drain while open EO(s), no anti-missile system

btw, they have 1 of same problem, when open EO(s) to support, they can make you hot easily. (I don't know why anyway)

Quote:Yah. Lemur2/Loris are fine on Hovers for sure. Hover's will still suffer from poor stability and high leg/core breaking. Also, I don't expect to see too many hovers using Lemur2. The really heavy hovers running Lemur2 are just a waste and can be replaced with Biped legs and starter arms for better performance, haha. TM's heavy hover is the only one I've been able to consider as half-decent, and I still don't like it. Loris hovers would be nice, tho. It could make them more competitive at least.
because of weight and energy drain I guess.

Quote:No ECM pods
No H3 handguns
No HARPY2
No TP Boosters
No left arm equipment other than blades and shields (An extra blade or shield may still be hangered)
No ROC4 and HP in hangers

Only one Orbit-cannon weapon per team

UA
Blades can be hangered
Tanks can hanger weapons on the right side
maybe just ban ROC4 in any case.

and.....why right side hanger?....blade on tank?
(03-08-2010, 06:56 PM)taurustrin Wrote: and.....why right side hanger?....blade on tank?

Under their tournament rules.

CR-C83UA + Biped/ RJ/ Quad = No hanger weapons

CR-C83UA + Tank/ Hover = Allow hanger weapons

For 2 vs 2:
-Only the right arm is allowed to use guns.
-No guns on the left arm and hanger, but blade and shield is allowed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 65,378 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,531 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 326,039 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT Regulations for LR NiX 316 391,222 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PACT 6 NiX 36 47,172 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beastkiller