Current time: 05-17-2024, 02:37 PM
2010 RP Elections Discussion Thread
Well, this is depressing
Dick Gordon and Bayani Fernando = May Dick ka na, May BF ka pa.

Yari tayo dyan...

A rumor has though that is Teodoro wins and Gloria does too, and cha-cha passes, Sa yhello to Prime Minister GMA.
Ewan ko kung sino nagpasimula nun...
'Signatures are overrated.'
...the role of poverty in the political world

as mentioned, we all know that the philippines by statistics...have a huge population, and a large portions of it are...the poor.

so in this case, if we stir this thing with the politics in a very simple manner...the outcome would be...corrupt and evil politicians, by using their influence, control the tides by instilling to indigent filipinos that they are the answer to poverty, and this scenario repeats itself. oh my...same old tricks...then more poverty-stricken people will be brain-washed by the non-sense political promises to stop poverty by doing this, doing that, blah blah blah...pure promises that is...very impossible to achieve in a very limited time span. and because really most of the impoverished are somewhat know nothing about the real situation and the real schemes of the corrupt evil officials No no

so these corrupt traditional politicians do there evil strategy by "using" the class-E citizens and their votes so that they could win the elections...Chair it's like having a country-wide mind control. Facepalm i just hope the thing called wisdom will miraculously be given to our poor people so that they will have enlightenment. Ninja

*to be continued*
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Good article/rant:

Quote:I call it the Wowowee-fication of Philippine politics. It’s the tyranny not merely of the image, but the most crass, the tackiest, and the most desperate image possible, hoisted down to the basest sensibilities and the lowest common denominator. Dignity takes a backseat to recall. Noise and frippery over sobriety. Drama over discourse. Bullet points and infectiously dumb catchphrases over well-articulated platforms. These are basically the same elements used when selling corned beef and sanitary napkins. This corned beef is not tuna. This sanitary pad makes you feel like you’re walking along a summer field in Southern France. It should have the ability to address the short attention span, create an illusion, and pummel your message even into the densest of crania, preferably with pom-poms and gyrating girls in bikinis.

http://www.spot.ph/2010/02/05/lourd-de-v...ical-star/

Also... I THINK THE VID BELOW is WORSE than the one about MAKING LIGO IN BASURA ktnx Domo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uh61X_jnCvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uh61X_jnCvk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Noynoy's platform:

1. HINDI AKO MAGNANAKAW
2. My parents are national heroes.

The end.
DIck GOrdon x Bayani Fernando

Dick: aba may BF ako
Bayani: aba sino yun?!
Dick: edi ikaw!
*insertgaysexytimeshere*

Noynoy: Villar, gusto mo ba ng ginhawa? *winkwink*

Villar: Noy, nakaligo kanaba............................................................sa dagat ng pag-ibig ko?
[Image: th_tumblr_lk9u9uH6yu1qbacrgo1_500.gif]
LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(02-17-2010, 04:47 PM)NiX Wrote: Noynoy's platform:

1. HINDI AKO MAGNANAKAW
2. My parents are national heroes.

The end.

LOL

That was perfect!
Well I do believe that he won't steal. But I also believe that he won't do a damn thing when the others around him do. Spineless worm.
well, I hope he does not end up like others before him, broken promises and all
haha exactly what I think of the dude. the mere fact that he's running proves that he's a spineless mofo.
Quote:Candidates break tie with coin toss05/21/2007 | 01:13 PM

More Share MANILA, Philippines - Two candidates broke a rare tie in last week's elections by tossing a coin, officials said Sunday.

After a count of last Monday's ballots, local elections officials discovered that Bryan Byrd Bellang and Benjamin Ngeteg had tied for the final of eight seats on the council in Bontoc town in Mountain province, elections supervisor Mary Umaming said.

"I asked them if they wanted to break the tie by tossing a coin or drawing lots, and somebody in the crowd wondered if I was cracking a joke," Umaming told The Associated Press by telephone.

"I said those options were in the rules, and they agreed to flip a coin," she said.

Bellang, who chose heads, won the toss, which was held Tuesday in the local town hall.

The candidates then sealed the agreement with a handshake, and the crowd erupted with applause, Umaming said.

Provincial elections supervisor Dennis Dimalnat hailed the peaceful resolution of the tie in Bontoc as a refreshing example.

"I hope others would see the beauty of this kind of peaceful resolution," he told the AP.

The congressional and local elections last Monday were marred by widespread violence. Police initially reported that more than 130 people had been killed since January in election-related violence, but later lowered that toll to 41, saying they were investigating whether the other deaths were linked to the polls.

Bontoc, a resort town known for its mountainside rice terraces, is about 175 miles north of Manila. - AP

No need for links

Great examples.

Edit:
and I found the Link...

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/43276/candid...-coin-toss

On a side note: GMA7's archives are way more reliable than ABS-CBNs...
They settled the matter... LIKE GENTLEMEN!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
[Image: tumblr_kz0xl7mzB61qzdz47o1_500.jpg]
Ninja Ninja 
While I appreciate that yellow is Noynoy's campaign colors, you couldn't have picked a worse sentai metaphor:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtfVMhzImiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtfVMhzImiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Sige na nga. Because just LOL is too short for a reply here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh interesting animal-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 241 301,720 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting PHL-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 126 170,909 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread Sforza 1,527 1,652,801 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Organized Religion Discussion Thread Sforza 326 410,569 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Filipino Freethinkers // RH Bill discussion Twin-Skies 11 19,794 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: clonezero
  LGBT Pride 2010 and Filipino Freethinkers in mainsteam news :) Twin-Skies 2 5,987 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: HayWire
  world cup 2010 Morrissey 10 13,331 07-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Morrissey
  The Obama thread atdsutm 16 22,307 04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  It's official: Erap tp run in 2010 Twin-Skies 16 21,107 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Phils to be 60% energy self-sufficient by 2010 Twin-Skies 3 6,400 12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon