Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:25 PM
LR Disk error!
can't see a scratch. any ideas?
Hey guys! OK, so my LR disk won't load all the way! Kind of desperate, as this leaves me stuck with the NX revolutions disk ...

Anyway, the LR disk loads only to the point of showing me the AGETEC logo and then the FROM SOFTWARE logo and then ... nothing. It just seems to hang after that. I listen closely to the PS2 at this tage, and it sounds like the read head is moving, looking for something ... but it can't find the rest of the data track (or something???) any tips?
So I take it that all of your other discs work fine?

Any scratches on your LR disc?
Sounds look you've got a well-used disc there then. Try cleaning the disc up. If it still doesn't work afterwards, it's tough but you might need to buy a brand-new game disc.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Or burn a new disc Ninja
Well here's the thing - I just moved to France from the US, and I just bought a LR disk ... not realizing that I had bought a PAL LR disk (!!!) that won't play on my NTSC PS2 (!!!) so I am just frustrated (!!!). Amazon.com won't let me buy NTSC LR for shipment to France, and Amazon.fr doesn't have an NTSC LR disk to sell ... a used PAL PS2 runs about 60 Euros, which is very cheap, but at this stage ... I would rather just put that money towards a PS3.

Therefore, my only remaining options are
1: get a CD scratch fixer kit, or
2: Hey Nix, tell me how that spoiler goes ...
What kind of shape is your PS2 in ? maybe cleaning the inside would help too, by using a vaccuum cleaner witha soft bristle brush attachment.

Get a lens cleaner as well.
I guess you best choice is to burn, or have your ps2 modified
@ aleczander:

Also, if your PS2 is either model 30000 or 50000, check out the link.

link Wrote:Unofficial software called HD Loader and the newer HD Advance allow users to copy entire games to the HDD and run them without the discs. These pieces of software also allow you to use some standard HDDs in the PS2, however they will not be seen in the browser, or work with games using the HDD. While some argue that this improves performance and protects the potentially fragile discs, especially from young children, others claim that this only encourages piracy as rented games can be copied and kept forever (see rental piracy).

---

PS - If you're asking about how to use spoiler tags, just input the SP tags like:

Code:
[SP]Your text[/SP]