Current time: 05-09-2024, 02:26 PM
Investigative Project
yeah- school related
What about alternative water purification systems? If you can find something really cheap that produces potable water, then you're really on to something that can save many lives. Tongue
*attempting to connect to cannabis*
*uses google*
COSMIC LOL!

http://h4v.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-u...water.html

errr...not sure if it's 100% true, but the fact that the text/site exists in relation to this site, the posts, the threads....fascinating....*insert quantum HIGHtened thoughtsativa induced*
Oh, to all med students or people in the MEDIC fFIELDO!~...err yea...
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=8CiqXO...ded#at=141

that's a doctor from Harvard, close friend of Carl Sagan talking about the medicinal use of HERB and social issues . He's still alive and toking *vaping i would imagine*
"i t MAY enhance certain *PERSONAL capacities in a way nothing else has done" -Dr. Lester Grinspoon
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
My immortal magnet-battery idea was scrapped since we're not allowed to have Physics in our project till Senior year <.<

It has to be chem.

I wanted to do something with the use of sound...but I don't think that's Chem either <.<

Anyways, Friday's the submission of proposals...

Fingers crossed that at least one of my proposals passes
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
(07-07-2010, 07:30 PM)HayWire Wrote: My immortal magnet-battery idea was scrapped since we're not allowed to have Physics in our project till Senior year <.<

Odd as it may sound but I find this policy idiotic beyond belief...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

yep. education fail =/
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Well we got 2 topics out of 15 to pass.

One from my vain classmate (Hand sanitizer) and the other from me. (fireproof paper)

I told them prior to receiving our paper that whoever gets a topic approved has to defend it against the other group members and convince us that it's a topic worth doing. Majority vote wins.

I won X__x

I noticed for the passed few weeks (ever since we started IP) I've been pretty much the group leader... Making the scheduled deadlines and assigning people their work and all...

...Well...I didn't volunteer to be the leader...no one did. But it's actually quite fun to be the leader though my only experience in leading is MMO Guild leading LOL

Anyways, I planned everything we're gonna be doing for IP for the next 2 weeks Tongue
Help...

I need to know if there's a lab (Ateneo, UP, UST ) that has Melamine Cyanurate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_cyanurate
(07-27-2010, 06:53 PM)HayWire Wrote: I need to know if there's a lab (Ateneo, UP, UST ) that has Melamine Cyanurate

That's a far fetched question... Ermm
Melamine cyanurate is a fire retardant, so it should be available in a school chemistry lab.

(Went google searching)

I don't see any scientific research centers in Ateneo (de Manila University?)... there's an unspecified laboratory in UST... therefore the University of Philippines should be your best bet as I found established Chemistry and Material Engineering departments.
I know a couple of guys in Food Tech. What're you gonna do with the lab? O_O

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
We're gonna make...something fire proof >8D (which involves my inner pyromaniac Big grin )

and the Melamine Cyanurate is what we'll be using for comparison LOL
Hey Nica, you can try out the high school science labs in Ateneo. We had gas lines inside the labs for bunsen burners, so I think melamine cyanurate should be there.
Our project worked by the way. Big grin But we changed it mid-way (so we had to rush a bit), it's not about fire retardants anymore >_<

Tuesday's our final Mock Defense before the Science Congress, so it's considered our finals test for Research.
I'm finding all the possible loopholes, and there's a lot D:

We're practicing today (I'm just waiting for them)

It's quite interesting that the project worked...but we have no effing idea how >_____<

Can some of you guys help with this?
If *Boron is naturally found in water and cannot be removed by typical filtering strategies used, how would this chemical equation turn out?

H20 + (Insert Boron/Borate epal here >_> ) + (AlK(SO4)2) = ??

*Boron is a naturally occurring element in nature, found almost everywhere - mostly rocks, bodies of water and plants. Up until now, scientists have a near-impossible time trying to create pure boron due to this element requiring ionic bonds to hold a structure together. Due to its special characteristics as an element, there is no such thing as 100% pure boron in nature

PlzKThx Big grin
IP is over (~-.-)~

Possible topics for next year? (Physics related this time)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project LOL Lord_Leperman 251 323,821 09-24-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Grim
  Project Awesome Twin-Skies 1,299 2,050,797 10-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Fox
  Project WTF NiX 3,575 4,172,005 11-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Website/School project idea needed :O Sforza 3 7,233 08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Last Post: clonezero
  Project Consultation Aruren 4 8,688 10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Aruren
  Interview for Any Project managers here in Raven Republic tikyorules 9 15,871 07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Last Post: tikyorules