Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:44 PM
Poll: Which style do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Old School
50.00%
9 50.00%
AC4-FA
50.00%
9 50.00%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AC4-ACFA or old school AC?
I am just wondering what the consensus of the members as to which is better? I've been around the Gfaqs boards and their general belief is that old school is better. But for me I personally think that 4-FA's style is a step in the right direction for the series. Anyway thats just my opinion, so how bout you guys? Discuss Happy

Mod Edit: Removed guest votes. Will continue to do so when possible.
[Image: evangelion.jpg]
avi and siggy by Skylar (from a different forum)
PSN ID: Deathwing03
RIP George Carlin, pwning before pwning became popular.

[Image: sig.gif]
Most AC veterans prefer the older games. They feel that the new games have degenerated to quick-boost spam. ...or I'm just speaking for myself. LOL
I started playing AC back during the PS1 days, starting with Project Phantasma. Call me old-fashioned but there's something missing from the latest generation of games that didn't really click all that well with me. Last Raven still gets the most playtime from me, with Master of Arena coming in a close second.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
AC:FA pretty that is a given but I have to say I feel the same as Fox.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Definitely old school here. period.
May trend akong nasesense sa mga fans ng ACFAFA...........
(07-21-2010, 09:02 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: May trend akong nasesense sa mga fans ng ACFAFA...........

Ako rin LOL
And that trend is XD?

oLD sKooL AC = Chair Jason Laser Flamethrower

AC-AC:LR We're not worthy Clapping

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
...whut O_O?

I honestly find merits in both generations. I can't compare them because AC4-FA's system is too radically different from the old school.

I like them both, haha.
I like both, but I'd prefer old school AC if I want to play something competitively. 4 or FA if I just want to play around with mechs. It's an entirely different thing, and the reason why I like old school is that because it's Armored Core. The real one - make your own AC that best suits your tactics as you go into battle against other people; like an effing mind game with mechs (too bad it was too obscure though lol). AC4-FA - I like it because I like almost anything involved with mech stuff; it's just that the current generation lacks mech games these days, and I sure as hell don't want to just watch mech in anime or any other show.

In short, AC-ACLR is played something like a one-time-big-time, fast-paced chess - probably a fight between personalities in mech form, whereas AC4-FA is played like an arcade mech game with mindless quick-boost spamming, making the game proactive rather than reactive imo.

Haters gonna hate though, on both sides. Not too newb-friendly here, and too easy over there. LOL
I started out w/ AC4-ACFA and i like both but i still prefer old skool better the reason being like alot ppl i hate the QB spam however i like AC4-ACFA cuz you don't have to worry about couching when you're useing a cannon from your shoulder unit and then 2 i love how you can dual blade w/ moonlights (god i love moonlight). But the another bad thing about AC4-ACFA is that using regular boost isn't enough (espically when you're trying to dodge a slash from a laser blade) in fact you're still rather slow
Raven name: Rexzo
AC name: Propagation, Melancholy, & Gotterdammerung (Soon: Omni Seraph)
AC type:MW Bipedal or MW Reverse Joint (either way)
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades
Attack Style: Either Aggressive or Backpedaling

Being born with angel wings (Propagation)
Rose after fallen from paradise (Depression) (Melancholy)
Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

Having undergone these trials I've have become an Omnious Seraph

"I'm a Mercenary, I'm used to betrayal...
But power is all that matters now...
In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand