Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:42 PM
LR: Modifying ACLR
stats not seen in-game, and other useful not-so well know info
Say, while you are in there, could you check to see if there is any significance to core arm weight?
(10-26-2010, 11:02 PM)adiyel Wrote: 4) I had an idea for a revised TP (through hacking), do you think this would be playable without being ban-worthy:

Weight: 385
E drain: 460
(No tunes applied)
Boost power: 21600
Usage drain: 6288
Acceleration: 4479
Booster heat: 4811

Hacking? How can you hack this game? Woot
Whenever I see a world untouched by war, a world of innocence, a world of lush forests and clear rivers...I really just wan to nuke the crap out of it.
- Ghost, Starcraft II.
^ people have tried but I think they had to postponed their work at the moment though Im not sure on this as I don't know much of the subject XP.

But there is that game/mod Moodydata is making but that would won't come out anytime soon.
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=2154

I remember he is on the look out for encoders to help.

@adiyel

1. I don't think missiles will get ignored cause they do have active homing in comparison to other projectile weapons and to a lesser extent the fright people get when they are getting chased by missiles is something that won't go away easily (well as long as nobody returns the old GL shell animation ... that was really scary XD).

2. like what nix said; better homing, higher speed, lower flight time (its supposed to be very small so it should have a small fuel reserve right?), and lower damage.

3. I think a lot of people would like that I for one wonder how you make the flamers worthwhile.

4. I think something like this is best judged after someone gets to test it to see how it handles.

whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Yo adiyel, maybe you can dig out how bonus speed is computed from underweighted legs?
RA2 is one of the best rifles in the game so I don't see why you'd want to buff it.

Missiles are fine, just make M2, nymphe2, MP, Hydra1/2, torps, dryad1/2 better. Micros can already be used competitively, all 4 of them. They are better at herding than single shot missiles and do good damage if you manage to connect.

Lowering drain on extension boosters would be manly.

Biped specific back canons would need to be tweeked to mirror hand weapons with a bit more weight or less power. Primarily they would be used as high damage low accuracy weapons to complement high accuracy hand weapons. No RS back canon or anything like that. You could make some spammer canons but they would need to have lower attack power than the hand version, back RL with 500 or less attack power for example. You seriously want to prevent something like dual HP with LGL on the back from happening.

I think i'd dial down either the accel or power a tiny bit on new age TP.
Fuck protoss.
(10-28-2010, 06:28 AM)LCC Wrote: RA2 is one of the best rifles in the game so I don't see why you'd want to buff it.

It isn't near-useless like the others I mentioned, but it's definitely overshadowed by R2. =/
I prefer RA2 over R2 but R2 has less weight which makes it barely better overall. If weight isn't helping you much then RA2 all day.
Fuck protoss.
Thanks for all the comments and I'll try to answer as much as I can as of now:

1) As far as RA2 goes, I wanna transpose all of its stats on top of RA, then create a new, LW assault rifle on top of RA2 (for OCD reasons, I couldn't explain to myself RA being lighter than RA2). Basically, I want to properly execute the burst rifle concept. Burst rifles will get a makeover.

2) As far as the new back cannons go, to give you an example of their level of "goodness," look at SKYLLA2. This the only cannon I plan on releasing that won't see any (noticeable) changes whatsoever. It actually gonna be a good one...

3) Flammers will never be good...but seriously, I found a flag byte that controls napalm status. What this means is that you can give something the napalm/flammer effect. I plan on getting rid of ground torpedos and cluster missiles entirely, and creating two new groups of missiles. I'll let you guess one of them based on this clue: ACAA. There is almost nothing I can do to stealth missile since their only effects in LR are invisibility on radar (can't see anything w/o a missile sensor anyways...USELESS!), and partial EAMS jamming (no one uses EAMS!). I could create a missile that completely avoids all AMS and decoy systems though...

4) Arm weight, like all other formulas in this game, are NOT linear, i.e. I can't give you an exact number, but against hi speed opponents you can kinda tell the effects on accuracy. As far as leg weight is concerned, every 15 weight affects 1 point of speed roughly...

A few things additional: all non-EO cores, with the exception of ICURUS are going to have hangars, and EO's are gonna get improvements overall; there will be small stat adjustments on OB+hangar cores that FROM debuffed due to their multi-functionality, since things like RAKAN and HELIOS are getting hangars. Since I really like its look (and it the center piece of "my" AC), I have special plans for ICURUS; it won't be cheesy, but it'll give O/UL2 a run for its money...
---

I just soft modded my PS2 with Free McBooot, and within the week I'll be starting my prelim tests. Some things are gonna be getting major overhauls, others none. I'll keep you all posted
Very, very interesting stuff adiyel. Do keep it coming.

And if it's not too much to ask, some video would be nice as well. Smile
(10-26-2010, 11:02 PM)adiyel Wrote: @your mom
Explain this to me and I'll get back to you on it. To my knowledge, a lot of things like that that existed in previous games was removed, but I'm probably wrong here, so do share.

The game doesn't give you defensive bonus for every exact number of defense you have. As an example, going from say, 1700 to 1701 energy defense won't grant you more energy defense (even when taking a hit from shade 60 times over, and not just once) The game has defense tiers that give a linear bonus to defense every 23 and 27 points. So for instance (completely hypothetical) Defense from 1700 to 1723 will all result in the exact same amount of defense, while 1723 to 1724 will result in an increase in defense. 1724 to 1750 won't give an increase to defense. And so on.

I tested this a good bit, but eventually gave up on doing it for every number, as the numbers themselves don't seem to be universal for every frame part combination-- even the manner in which those tiers are pattern'd out is rather random.

Bottom line however, is Last Raven still uses defense tiers like Silent Line, but the major difference is that the bonus is linear, compared to Silent Line where it was parabolic-- main reason why defense in Silent Line was so good, and why Last Raven's defense is virtually paper-thin.

Thanks your mom, I'll keep this in mind

Also something I forgot. FROM left the OB data for the U2 core in the game, but turned its flag from OB/U to U. Would anyone like to see another midweight OB core?
Yeah the game seriously needs one. Atlas is borderline garbage, and only has a few niche rolls, in which case it's mediocre at best.

If EOS had hangars, everybody would probably be using that, so I don't think EOS should get hangars. Then again EOS with hangars would make tanks more scary. It all boils down to wanting more diversity in tanks vs bipeds, when you're talking about having all non-eo cores have hangars and reintroducing ob back into u2.
ok guys, i'm in the process of putting the finishing touches to the first round of hack tests. before i say anything about it, i want to add first to what i previously stated and i want to answer some questions.

1) i definitely am going to add a hanger to EOS because i want to tip the scales in tanks' favor.
2) i think i wont add in OB for U2, as i am doing heavy revisions on the ICURUS, so i can use it's old OB stats (tweaked a bit so as to not be so bad) for the ATLAS; the core stats of the ATLAS would much better suit the ICURUS' overed boost. also, i might use the U2's OB gfx for the new ICURUS core (named XC08-SERAPH)
3) i also plan on making EO's more accurate as well as i think they really got shafted overall in LR

as for the hacks, i'm testing some very interesting things, like a missile system that lets you fire missiles individually, or all at once like micros. also, i want change the PYTHON. anyone ever wonder why its called YWH16HR- instead of YWR16HR-? its because there initially was a left hand version, but they dummied it out...but they forgot to erase the attack and projectile properties Smile i plan on pasting them over the right hand version, and seeing what they initially intended on the PYTHON being (oh, and do know that they did nerf it...the left hand's data looks way better than the right hand's).

PS
i'll try to get some videos up eventually, so let the guys at ACO who were interested know, since my account privies are suspended for some odd reason...
Will there be a downloadable ISO? Smile
is it possible to place new part models and get part models from ACLRP?

change colors of projectile for Ettin?