Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Bunny Hop
how do you guys bunny hop? I tried doing it but i think I'm doing it wrong since I'm getting hit alot. The way I do it is hop around mindlessly in a CoD pattern only in 1 direction and the cpu owns my ass completely.

any video explaining how to do this? or can anyone explain in details on how to do this?
Hi Anthony. It'd help us a lot if you told us

1. Which AC game you're playing
2. Which control scheme you're using

And welcome to the forum!
Bunny hop? Do you mean boost hopping, by any chance?

It's simple. While moving in one direction, tap the boost button so you just jump up. While falling down, do some quick taps on the button so you activate your boosters and feather downwards. Once you've reached the ground, jump up again, and repeat. Remember to keep strafing.
Here's a video reference by Imori, one of the best players I've seen so far. Forget about the OB for now.

Basically, bunny hopping in AC is done by one small boost from your AC in order for its momentum to be minimized, avoiding into hard-falls when landing. Hard-falls happen when your AC falls from somewhere too high. Not to mention it also saves energy than flying or gliding. Think of it as the most basic, but one of the most essential AC maneuvers.

Gliding is when you dash around the ground. Stopping it without flying nor connecting it to a boost-hop method will result you a similar effect to a hard-fall. You can do this by tapping the boost button once while you're dashing (<-- while you're holding the boost button, release and quickly tap the boost button).
thanks for the replies guys

@NiX im playing ACLR and my control scheme is the default one

@Grim I'll try that on the weekend

@Goat lol i cant see the video, do i need additional plugin to view it?

i really appreaciate the help. oh and im playing the portable version.
more tips and help is welcome
(09-07-2010, 09:45 PM)anthony001 Wrote: thanks for the replies guys

@NiX im playing ACLR and my control scheme is the default one

@Grim I'll try that on the weekend

@Goat lol i cant see the video, do i need additional plugin to view it?

i really appreaciate the help. oh and im playing the portable version.
more tips and help is welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnYjFIP32w

Boost-hopping still works the same way like all the pre-LR AC games, excluding the games' physics (gravity, force, etc). You just need to lessen the momentum in order to avoid hard-falls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVnAly0fR9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwgxU1y1W-Q

Here, these videos are from Silent Line but they're still applicable to LR. I think they do a great enough job of explaining the basics.

Credits to the creator.
i can see the vid now. hmm so i dont CoD with bunny hop, i see i see. also can you recommend a optimal design for a dual gun AC? what part do i need and also what tuning should i use?
Do you already have all the parts?

And is this is intended to be a mission AC or is it an arena AC?
yup i already have all parts 140% and i want it to be arena AC
Just build something using a combination of these parts. There's more to it of course but this'll start you off.

head: eye3 or drone or s2 + starter back radar
core: UA, U2, 99UL, cronus, or U4 (U3)
arms: lemur, macaque, etc.
legs: dingo2, cougar2, FA

internals: lotus + gull + ananda OR g91 + VULTURE2 + ananda

right arm: R2, R3, RL, RS, BP, PIXIE3, 98L, SHADE, HOLLOW, sylph, HP
left arm: R3, HP, griffon

back weapons: 69M, 78MV, HARPY, NYMPHE, 75MT

extensions: RM, RM2, RM3, GAR, JIREN

Tune whichever way gives you the most stats per point. Or tune toward where your AC lacks or where you want your AC to focus. Note that what you get diminishing returns the more points you allocate to an attribute. If you're too lazy for that, 5 on shell defense and 5 on energy defense works best most of the time.

Tune most generators mostly toward output. Tune gull mostly toward heat. Vulture2 can go pretty much however you want.

And then when you come up with something, feel free to make a thread for it in the design forum. We can give you more advice there.