Current time: 05-19-2024, 07:38 PM
General Fitness
(03-24-2009, 11:49 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: So Jake, how did you count the calories per burger?

I counted it off the standard McDo double cheeseburger, which is roughly 450 calories. Actually the burgers we ate (I assume) would probably have a lot more than 450 calories if we factor in the cooking method, the way we prepared the bread LOL and the mayo.

It's all good though.
Been trying to shed some weight for around a month now. Was at 75kg some time last year. 70kg just a month ago. At 69kg now after reducing my daily caloric intake to around 1600, weight-training at home, and walking a lot more than I used to. Feels great. Cardio would top this off really nicely, but I can't seem to fit it into my schedule. EDIT: Targeting 65kg by the end of the year. Yes, even with Christmas.
I do 1-2 hour brisk walks everyday and it hasn't failed me yet. Helps me keep my weight and waistline maintained. I only have size 28 pants eh.

Edit:
Well, not actually brisk walks but just plain walking pala. But the duration and temperature is pretty much similar to a brisk walk.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Hmmm, maybe i should try that to counter my slowly-increasing waistline. The most exercise that i seem to get nowadays is the daily afternoon walk to the tambayan around a klick away from my place.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I used to weigh 120lbs now i'm 180 and I want to reach 200.
Is that weight mostly muscle or mostly fat? That's pretty heavy either way. O_O What's your height, Jon?
I'm 182cm. I thought it was my head, but it only weighed 4.5kg.
I guess it's fat, but it doesn't show.
Did a weigh-in at the Army Gym earlier this morning and was surprised to find that i weigh only 68.2 kg. However, when i look at myself, i look fatter than that and i'm only 166cm. What gives?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
That's cuz your ideal weight should be at around 62, probably, based on BMI.
Guess i need to step up my morning exercises then. That's six whole kilos i gotta sweat off.
Don't dwell too much on BMI though. As usual, it's a Western standard. And it doesn't really account for "big-boned" people and really muscled folks.
"International rugby players in prime condition would be classed as obese under this system"
Brock Lesnar and Fedor Emelianenko would both be obese, too Smile
Yay! Plateaued at 69kg for a few weeks. Finally broke through that and am now at 67kg.
Watch out, RR. This season's dangerous. I'm up to 68kg right now. And with Circles buffet on Saturday, things aren't looking good. O_O