4.4 KM run
Ab muscle stretches

Friday
100 pushups
20 minute jump rope session

Saturday
150 pushups
General stretching exercises

EDIT: The hundred pushups are still a target for me, I can't do them in one go yet. I do half in the morning, and half before I go to sleep. Para masanay yung katawan na nahihirapan, at least.

EDIT 2: I just realized that FOXHOUND's logos are still, well, foxes. Shouldn't they be dogs? *time paradox ensues*
I think I died a little back there... LOL Good regimen though. Shades

Grim, How long does it usually take you to finish that 4.4km run? :3 oh, and Nix, I'm on the first week of the push-up thingy, but I'm doing that with the bent knees position. My arms are really that weak... Sad

It might take me two weeks of training in order to be able to do a standard push-up with legs extended. Man... I can't believe I used to do thirty in one go back then.
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
May as well post my training regimen Ermm

M-W-F
2 rounds skipping rope
2 rounds shadow boxing (w/ dumbells)
2 rounds wall bag
2 rounds heavy bags
2 rounds mitts
2 rounds speed bag
2 rounds speed ball

150 crunches (on incline, w/ 10-lbs medicine ball)
75 side crunches per side, 1 set each, w/ 10-lbs medicine ball

The speed ball's fun. It's gotten to the point that my 1-2 can connect with the speed ball at full force before the ball starts to sway from the impact Clapping

T-Th

5 km run
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Haha, just to keep this going.

monday and friday. (tues and thurs are karate.gym days) wed is rest day. I also go to gym with sforza on saturdays.

Set 1:

50 crunches
50 side crunches
50 full sit ups
50 side crunches again

30 leg raises
30 double crunches whatever they are.

set 2.
50 crunches
50 side crunches
50 full sit ups
50 side crunches again
30 butt ups for lower abs
30 triangle push ups (2 sets)
20 knuckle push ups

1 minute of being in a pushup position then hold it to tighten core. sorry, dont know the EXACT terminologies.

set 3
50 crunches
50 side crunches
50 full sit ups
50 side crunches again
30 normal pushups (two sets)
20 knuckle pushups
20 hyperextension reps front, 15 to each side.

last part.

I use high chairs na on this one. use stable monoblock chairs.

arrange two chairs so that each are facing each other. place arms on the seating surface of one of these, then feet on the other chair. (legs must be almost fully extended)fingers should be facing forward-so your butt is literally sitting on nothing. try to lower self as low as you can then use arms to raise body again to starting position. 20 reps two sets.

second part. place a hand on each chair's eating surface, then use another chair to put your feet onto so its literally a push up position.feet should be fully extended, arms as far away from each other as possible. so, this is a wide pushup, but you have to lower your chest below the seating surfaces of the chairs. 20 reps. 2 sets.

30 squats then jumping jacks to loosen a bit.

on karate days, aside from the usual karate stuff, i do 3km runs before training starts. each water break, i do 20 reps of 80 pounds on the chest machine whatever. 2 sets.

bicep curls 20 reps two sets
pull ups 12 reps straight two sets.
shoulder extensions for 20 reps two sets.

whew, so thats it. lol
(01-21-2010, 04:51 AM)Trace-02 Wrote: I think I died a little back there... LOL Good regimen though. Shades

Grim, How long does it usually take you to finish that 4.4km run? :3 oh, and Nix, I'm on the first week of the push-up thingy, but I'm doing that with the bent knees position. My arms are really that weak... Sad

It might take me two weeks of training in order to be able to do a standard push-up with legs extended. Man... I can't believe I used to do thirty in one go back then.

That's fine dude. Me too, 2 months ago, like after a decade of inactivity, I could only do bent-knees pushups. Right now I'm on week 2 column 1 of the program. Still pretty weak Hahah.
I really wish I could pull of some of that stuff you do Sad
Eto ginagawa ko. 1 week palang. Sana malampasan ko to ng 1 month.

-Tricep Dip= 20(5 sets)

10kg single arm:
-Wrist to bicep curl(seated)= 10 reps x4 (5 sets)
-Upright Row to reverse wrist curl(standing)= 10 reps x4 (5 sets)

btw you guys have seen this?
[Image: Bodybuilderchimp.jpg]
lol J.E i wish you could've cut the image to knee level. haha
(01-21-2010, 04:10 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: btw you guys have seen this?
[Image: Bodybuilderchimp.jpg]

Shock

Hey, thanks for making all use blokes here suddenly feel "inadequate."

*huddle in corner and cries*
Oks lang yan JE I started out with a similar regimen late last year. I have trouble doing dips in good form though. I end up working my back/shoulders more. So I just did tricep pushups.

LOL RR's getting fit.
JE's workout is something I'd like to try out. Need more upper body strength. I just hope I don't end up turning into a buff monkey. LOL

Current: Following Grim and Marky-Mark Tuesday-Thursday regimen. I did some jogging on the road in front of our house. 5mins of jogging up and down a moderately inclined road was more difficult than I thought. Did three sets with a 3min. rest period in between sets.

I did the back muscle stretches after that too. I like that exercise because it kinda relaxes the abdominal muscles from crunches I did the day before. :3

Trace, you won't turn into a buff monkey unless you really up the weights regularly WHILE eating copious amounts of protein. LOL

It all depends on your fitness goal anyway.

Like Mix and Mark genuinely want physical fitness. Jake just works out to compensate for eating. Me, I just want a little more than nerd-level strength and to fit into certain clothes. Hahah. So it all depends, really.
LOL Suddenly, a "Buff Monkey" fitness goal appears! LOLLOLLOL

Alrighty then. My goal is probably General fitness+Increased upper body strength. I still do wanna attain that hundred push-ups goal too. Shades

(01-22-2010, 10:54 AM)NiX Wrote: Trace, you won't turn into a buff monkey unless you really up the weights regularly WHILE eating copious amounts of protein. LOL

It all depends on your fitness goal anyway.

Like Mix and Mark genuinely want physical fitness. Jake just works out to compensate for eating. Me, I just want a little more than nerd-level strength and to fit into certain clothes. Hahah. So it all depends, really.

In my case it's speed, flexibility, endurance.

Quote:Alrighty then. My goal is probably General fitness+Increased upper body strength. I still do wanna attain that hundred push-ups goal too.

Just remember to develop your other muscle groups as well. Muscle imbalance can cause several potentially nasty injuries in the long run.

Remember - you're only as strong as your weakest link.
Me I'm preparing for something. I noticed when I work out I don't starve too much.

For upper body strength I think rock climbing would be great too.
More or less nix pretty much got everything right with our reasons. Additionally for me, as I'm practicing karate, I want to add more power to my already current condition while regulating speed since speed is only for competition, which i retired from already-I still train my footwork for those sprinting moments though. I really don't train for one-on one fights and tournaments anymore, so when i train my body, its more for hitting really hard, and just being able to manhandle any potential asshole(for situations where they are dumb enough to try to scare me with no weapon) as here in caloocan, it's kinda like every few seconds you see someone getting mugged by a random person.

to a minor extent, aesthetics. LOL it just feels refreshing when you start seeing your developed muscles lol