Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:57 PM
RAKAN
NiX and I were doing tests with my AC, Exzas Alpha (Check LR designs). We tried all sorts of OB cores, /UL, Helios, UL2 and RAKAN. I first started using the RAKAN because I wanted to try it out after some time of not using it. I noticed that I started OBing SL-style with the booster-OB combo. Knowing that RAKAN has 5808 discharge heat for OB, we decided to change to HELIOS, then /UL, the UL2. What was weird was that I was supposed to get less heat while OBing with those other cores. But apparently, this follwing list is the list of hottest OB+boosting (in mid-air or ground) to the coolest: /UL, UL2, HELIOS, and the coolest, RAKAN.

HUHH??? Isnt' Helios cooler than Rakan? UL2 cooler than /UL??? Yup, the numbers say so. But, after trying them out, that is the result we got. And that's why I stuck to Rakan for it's SL OB-style. I'd appreciate it if someone confirms our findings.

Thanks!
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
I noticed this too, in fact also for the B81. It seems to have better acceleration than the Birdie2, but that can be saved for another time, and after more testing. On the subject of the OB cores first.

There could be a lot of things involved in this: the core's heat resistance, the aptitude of the core to tuning to cooling, and the combination of the cooling of the other AC parts alongside the heat given off by the motive components.

Given the base untuned stats, we have:

/UL
  • Cooling: 1014
    Heat Resistance: 660
    Discharge Heat: 5467</li>
UL2
  • Cooling: 1101
    Heat Resistance: 706
    Discharge Heat: 5598</li>
Helios
  • Cooling: 976
    Heat Resistance: 732
    Discharge Heat: 5330</li>
Rakan
  • Cooling: 1040
    Heat Resistance: 671
    Discharge Heat: 5808</li>
Going by that, Rakan would be indeed cooler than Helios, even from the very beginning. Helios makes up for it though by piling on the heat resistance, which is the fourth highest from Eos, /U (yuck), and Atlas (yuck). This also explains why UL2 seems to be cooler than the /UL, that resistance is higher by at least 40 points.

Tuned to full cooling, this is what we get:

/UL
  • Cooling: 1192
    Heat Resistance: 660
    Discharge Heat: 5467</li>
UL2
  • Cooling: 1266
    Heat Resistance: 706
    Discharge Heat: 5598</li>
Helios
  • Cooling: 1160
    Heat Resistance: 732
    Discharge Heat: 5330</li>
Rakan
  • Cooling: 1214
    Heat Resistance: 671
    Discharge Heat: 5808</li>
That makes for these totals:

/UL - increase of 178 cooling
UL2 - increase of 165 cooling
Helios - increase of 184 cooling
Rakan - increase of 174 cooling

So Helios is actually the one with the most aptitude towards cooling. Still, Rakan trumps it in that category by around 50 points. May not be much, but that may mean something when you get hit by ammunition rounds.

Also, I think that the Rakan's heat during the OB charge-up phase is really lower than the Helios' and the /UL, especially if you try to spike it by OBing Silent Line style (that is, for those who don't know, boosting while the OB is charging up).

Given that, the numbers do lie, to a certain point.

Yes, I am a geek. But only because it's the sembreak and I have a lot of time on my hands again. :tongue:
Thanks for the laydown of info.

I posted this, too, at ACG. The admin told me the discharge heat is different from the OB-startup heat. The latter seems to be a hidden stat.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+Oct 24 2006, 08:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlok @ Oct 24 2006, 08:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There could be a lot of things involved in this: the core's heat resistance, the aptitude of the core to tuning to cooling, and the combination of the cooling of the other AC parts alongside the heat given off by the motive components.[/quote:c10e2801f6]
That...
<!--QuoteBegin-maitreya+Oct 24 2006, 09:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (maitreya @ Oct 24 2006, 09:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The admin told me the discharge heat is different from the OB-startup heat. The latter seems to be a hidden stat.[/quote:c10e2801f6]
Or that. XD

Stupid From and their hidden stats! >Sad

What's the point of hiding it from us? It's not like we can't understand what they mean... hell look at all the formulas that've been figured out...

but hey, thanks for pointing that out. Tongue