Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:39 PM
LR - Simple Questions
Direct all Armored Core: Last Raven questions that don't need their own threads right here.
Quick question - what are the pros and cons of the LB4 and the TAROS and what would be best for a blader design? Thanks in advance. Happy
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(04-12-2010, 07:24 PM)Fox Wrote: Quick question - what are the pros and cons of the LB4 and the TAROS and what would be best for a blader design? Thanks in advance. Happy

From my experience, the pros for both blades, in comparison to other laser blades are (correct me if I'm wrong as I don't blade that much):
-Long reach
-High damage
And the cons are:
-Heavy weight
-High energy drain

The TAROS has a higher energy drain than the LB4 and a longer cool down time, so it is best for well timed strikes that leaves little chance of retaliation (i.e. finishing off a dying opponent in a single swipe). LB4 is slightly heavier, but it has a slightly longer reach and can be spammed to a degree for a quick kill.

In conclusion, the LB4 is just more user friendly, I'd pick it over TAROS unless I'm cosplaying Stinger.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDxRz3U4SFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDxRz3U4SFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now for another question, are torpedoes any good at all? I've never been able to hit anything with them as they always ground themselves Blink
Yeah the ground torps are pretty good. You just really have to babysit them lest you waste your ammo.
Torps are trash. The only game they were good in was AA.
Fuck protoss.
GTs are good against quads in wide and flat terrain, since they love skating around aiming for a back-mount shot. Launching GTs from afar may cause them to break their lock in an attempt to dodge the incoming missiles, and some may attempt to lead the torps to the ground or risk getting hit by one or 2 incoming missiles, making the GTs a good distraction weapon.

Strictly against quads only though, for anything else there are better choices.
Move backwards [dash, boost jump, whatever] when using GTs. Helps reduce the chance of having them blowup during launch.

GTs tend to fire from behind if your opponent moves too much. Mixing them with other missile types only gives more pressure.
Good with orbit cannons and vertical missiles. Rick, they're good for people who jump too much too. They don't get to jump too much when their legs break.
'Signatures are overrated.'
is the 12 blade range of the lb4 worth it when compared to the elf3 which has better stats all around save for its way shorter blade range?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Really dunno much about blades. But imo, the ELF3 is your best bet. Even if you end up short, the blade wave still does decent damage.
MOONLIGHT!!!

Just kidding, but seriously from what I've experienced, since I've been practicing blades often right now, it depends on whether you want to whack them in the air with it or slash them on the ground. Since you dash when you ignite the blade on the ground, if you time it right you can connect with the ELF3 just as much as the LB4. Haven't really tried it much in the air, since I'm too much of a wuss to risk getting pot-shotted by AIs if I miss XD. They're both good blades, see which one you're more comfortable with.
oh my... the MOONLIGHT laser blade. Jason as the in-game description in LR says... has irregular stats, but has tremendous power Domo. its cool down, fast. its range, not too long, not too short. wave damage, decent. and its an EPIC blade Ninja I Love It!

the LB4... don't use it as if you're slicing your enemy fast. hehehe... one blade at a time. its cool down is slow... patience... its wave sucks.

the ELF3... once you get the right opportunity, if slicing them at the ground...better use its wave for maximum damage after delivering the lethal cut Happy ...and it cools down fast, meaning being a madman is acceptable Domo

using laser blades AT mid-air does the most damage... hehehe... that technique is way around since AC1

i prefer the MOONLIGHT & ELF2

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
I actually like the elf 2 the most but the lb4's better stats was enticing besides I don't blade like a mad man anyway as I consider blades only as a last ditch option/weapon of opportunity.

which was why I asked it as I was curious if blade range influences hit rate significantly (baring the pilot's skill XP )
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

laser blade equation Happy

hit = [range] + [tracking] x [raven's skill] Ninja

AC's frame will affect the behavior of the laser blade's swing Jason
>low right to upper left = humanoid (too many combination to mention)
>upper right to lower left = humanoid & RJ (too many combination to mention)
>horizontal = hovers
>poke/stab = quads & tanks

damage = arm's blade aptitude (if the stat is 127, this means you will have 27% additional damage. but if only 95, this means only 95% of the damage stat will be delivered)

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
IIRC for the kneelers, the arm and core will determine the angle of the blade swing.

What's the "Heat Discharge" stat btw?
Maybe the heat it'll inflict when you land a hit or if the wave hits...?

I've noticed low blade aptitude arms swing from upper right to lower left, if I remember correctly. The high blade aptitude ones swing from lower right to upper left. That is, if I remember correctly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACV questions Saika Darkmoon 6 13,057 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Last Post: R.Leonhardt