Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:33 PM
Need support: I'm New With the 4th gen AC, AC Nexus
I'm amazed with the graphics and the major changes in it. I was in to AC3 and AC3SL and finally had an AC Nexus. I was a bit disappointed, knowing AC3SL could not be imported to NX. So I made a list of my AC's parts on AC3SL down to paper hoping to have the same parts on ACNX. I was disappointed again because the names were changed, although they look the same from the previous.

The game went well, thought time consuming compared to AC3SL load/save. And now I'm stuck with this mission...

Requester is Crest, and the mission is to test with an AC "Genobee" or did I spelled it wrong? I got to admit the game is harder than AC3 & SL.

Hope someone could help me out.. thanks

edit: by the way I'm playing the EVO disc.
[Image: x01x04.png]
[Image: x05.png]
Though the parts are using the same 3D models, they've actually been changed a lot from AC3SL to NX. So, unfortunately, you can't expect to be able to recreate your ACs from SL. And even if you did, they'd play completely different, since the game mechanics were drastically changed.

First thing you have to relearn is how to build ACs. Learn how to manage heat and how to tune.

You can try the LOTUS+GULL+ANANDA combo to start you off.
(05-11-2011, 10:02 AM)NiX Wrote: Though the parts are using the same 3D models, they've actually been changed a lot from AC3SL to NX. So, unfortunately, you can't expect to be able to recreate your ACs from SL. And even if you did, they'd play completely different, since the game mechanics were drastically changed.

First thing you have to relearn is how to build ACs. Learn how to manage heat and how to tune.

Thanks 'NIX' for the combo tip. I'll try it right away. Salute
(05-11-2011, 09:50 AM)gundam_obelisk Wrote: Requester is Crest, and the mission is to test with an AC "Genobee" or did I spelled it wrong? I got to admit the game is harder than AC3 & SL.

Dual Face has incredibly weak energy defence, so if you want to take the easy way out, simply build a tank AC with a laser cannon and fire away.
(05-11-2011, 10:02 AM)NiX Wrote: Though the parts are using the same 3D models, they've actually been changed a lot from AC3SL to NX. So, unfortunately, you can't expect to be able to recreate your ACs from SL. And even if you did, they'd play completely different, since the game mechanics were drastically changed.

For one thing, no more OP-I (yes, I hated this particular change too), so if you were into letting loose with the aerial grenades, well... yeah. Sad Not that you can't come up with good designs without it, but that particular edit means a lot of combos previously usable in SL won't be usable from NX onwards.

Plx do keep that in mind when designing. Smile The removal of OP-I threw me off and frustrated me to no end when I first played NX, too. There are lots of other changes from SL, but that one's probably the most important of all ^^
haha. i think everyone here went through that op-i stage, but more than anything, it was a really braindead way to use a back cannon. it felt like cheating really(it is). I was really glad when it was taken out, as it will definitely separate the skilled from the not.

but still, it was really cool though. but it's just that, cool.
The disappearance of OP-I is the biggest boon of all. LOL
Since OP-I is considered an easy way out, it's universally abhorred by most players, including (almost) all of RR. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
think of it as a fresh start into a new bigger adventure in the land of Armored Core.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(05-11-2011, 10:28 PM)Fox Wrote: Since OP-I is considered an easy way out, it's universally abhorred by most players, including (almost) all of RR. Tongue

I guess I'm in the minority, then. LOL

*remembers my cannoneer hover from the SL days*

But even then, for all its imbaness, OP-I is just a part. Wishful thinking aside, none of us here are the worse for its loss, and in fact are even better for it. Big grin

Hell, try getting used to NX-LR and then go back to SL. It'll feel awkward, to say the least. ;Wink
Actually, SRFL/70 is probably more imba than OP-I in SL.

But anyway, the real issue with OP-I (and broken parts in general) is that it tends to hold players back in terms of learning how to properly play the game (such as with energy management, AC design, and the use of non-humanoid leg types).

We're all better players for not having it available in NX and onwards.
thanx for the rep guys and yah op-i, is something though i'm not used to it. All i know is that in NX, blades waves are in default and burst fires on weapons, no fancy with machine guns any more.. But how come this AC GENOBEE can fire back cannons or granade launcher while on air? I'm like sitting duck waiting to fire my dual back linear cannon below.
The AI in NX, NB an LR can still use OP-I. We can't. Don't worry about it.

Blading is also worse now than it was in AC3 and Silent Line.

The M2 machine guns are really good in Nexus. LOL
by default AI enemies are cheaters D:
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(05-11-2011, 11:56 PM)NiX Wrote: The AI in NX, NB an LR can still use OP-I. We can't. Don't worry about it.

Blading is also worse now than it was in AC3 and Silent Line.

The M2 machine guns are really good in Nexus. LOL

So it's time to change what i'm used to. Karasawa was one of my fav on AC3SL, sigh Glare hahaha

(05-11-2011, 11:59 PM)clonezero Wrote: by default AI enemies are cheaters D:

Got that right hahah LOL

(05-11-2011, 07:35 PM)Evil Panda Wrote:

For one thing, no more OP-I (yes, I hated this particular change too), so if you were into letting loose with the aerial grenades, well... yeah. Sad Not that you can't come up with good designs without it, but that particular edit means a lot of combos previously usable in SL won't be usable from NX onwards.

Plx do keep that in mind when designing. Smile The removal of OP-I threw me off and frustrated me to no end when I first played NX, too. There are lots of other changes from SL, but that one's probably the most important of all ^^

Well I went through SL a lot, and even start fresh on NX. I got to admit man I'ts hard. I hope Karasawa would still be there in NX

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Armored Core: Nexus Evaris 1 5,541 04-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Zefyr