Current time: 04-29-2024, 02:44 AM
PACT Regulations for LR
(06-28-2009, 09:37 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Standard 2-on-2 rules (draft, open to discussion):

Standard PACT rules and regulations apply.
Standard PACT part bans for LR still apply.

Game format:
-Team Battle with no leader in the options setting.
-5 minute rounds, best of 3.
-5 minute rounds, best of 5 for the finals.

Team pairing process: *to be discussed*

Rules are added to facilitate 2-on-2 matches:

1. Two contestants may enter as a team, with 2 AC for each person, for a total of 4 ACs per team.

2. Team members may switch places between the two (Essentially, a teammate uses his teammate's AC and vice-versa) at any time during the tournament at the team's own risk.

3. A team's AC designs may be similar and may use similar parts with each other so as long as they conform to PACT rules on designs.

4. A ring out by one team member means that he is out of the match, but this does not necessarily mean that the team has lost and the other team member may choose to continue the current match.

Now these are simply draft rules for a possible 2-on-2 tournament and nothing final for the moment. However a lot of work needs to be done especially with regards to facilitating absentees during the tournament itself, as well as making pairs for teams. One suggestion is to draw a lottery if teams aren't formed by the time a specific cut off date arrives, but any other ideas will be taken into account. Any other ideas?

1. Modified

5. If ever time runs out and both teams still have 1 or more AC's in the field 'Accumulating and Combined AP Scoring will be applied'. Both the AC's for each team will have their AP's added up and the team with more AP wins the round. AP Score is carried over to the next round.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Ok ba sa iba yung bring 2 ACs rule? Sakin ok yun, pero la siguro mangyayari dun kasi lang nagrereply eh. LOL
Can the two said ac's that each team member brings share the same parts?
I'd prefer if they didn't share parts. But that's not up to me alone to decide. Smile

Honestly, I think it'd be best if you just bring as many team-viable ACs as you can and then just choose what to use on the day itself when you find out who your partner is and what he intends to use.
Not sure if this has been covered yet. But if any of you have a Gameshark or Action Replay for the pS2, would the OP-1 Enhancements be allowed? Silly question, I know, but perhaps in an OP-I enabled tourney.....I dunno....
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
OP-I is like, abhorred here in RR....Tongue
(10-29-2006, 12:02 PM)NiX Wrote: BANNED PARTS LIST:

Clear-cut banned parts:
all ECM pods
H3 handguns

Conditional Parts:
LORIS and LEMUR2 arms -
(1)if a right-arm gun is equipped, only a laser blade, shield, or flamethrower may be equipped on the left arm, or no left-arm weapon at all. NO hangered guns for the left arm.
(2)if a left arm gun is equipped, only a Parry blade or flamethrower may be equipped on the right arm, or no right-arm weapon at all. NO hangered guns for the right arm.
(3)May be used unconditionally by tanks and hovers. (and maybe even RJs too?)

UA Core -
(1)if the UA is on any tank leg except the LHT, it CAN hanger any of the allowable hangered guns.
(2)if the UA is on any hover leg, it CAN hanger any of the allowable hangered guns.
(3)if the UA is on any biped, quad or RJ, it CANNOT hanger any guns.
(4)CAN hanger laser blades for any design.

PEGASUS -
(1)CAN be equipped on Tanks and Hovers.
(2)If PEGASUS is equipped on a biped, RJ, or quad, ONLY the B69, B72T and B81 boosters may be used.

TP Boosters -
(1)CAN only be equipped on designs WITH a blade on the left arm or parry blades on the right arm. (the blade must be on the arm itself, and not hangered)
(2)TP may be used in conjunction with LEMUR2 or LORIS for as long as a blade is on the left arm or a parry blade is on the right arm.

ROC4 Pulse Rifle -
(1)CAN be used as a primary weapon.
(2)CANNOT be used as a hangered weapon.

HP Handgun -

H3 Handgun

ROE2
(1)CANNOT be used if 98L Laser Rifle is equipped.

What do you think of this, RR?

Omissions are slashed out, obviously. Additions are in bold letters.
Are you sure you want to keep H3 as useable weapons? How about limiting it to only one as two of them will Wub up heavies by locking them down for half or even a whole match... Trust me, I know (My staple runs dual H3 and it will even destroy H+ monkeys).
It's only a suggestion. But yeah, a single H3 seems a lot more reasonable.

Just trying to loosen up the rules since LR's really old now.

EDIT:

So...

H3 Handgun
(1)CAN only be used when not paired with another H3
(2)CANNOT be used as a hangered weapon

How's that?

Bringing this up again:

Ban Harpy2?
2on2, Yes, Ban Harpy2.

H3, Single wield only, right hand, CANNOT be put in hanger.
'Signatures are overrated.'
I don't like HARPY2 even for one on one. It just rains death on tanks. I use it myself for that very purpose. LOL

And about H3, just prodding further: Any particular reason why you think it should only be on the right hand?
Limiting the H3 pistol to the right hand will deny it to be paired with some power weapons (93RL and the SHADE comes to mind.).
I understand that of course. But is it really that much worse than HP?

Oh and thoughts on the other things like LORIS/LEMUR2 for tanks and hovers, ROE2, Pegs+B81, etc.
I though the roe2 + 98l was also way imba well never used it much myself so I can't say.

other than that I agree with what was said.

and on the matter of the 2 ac designs I really liked the concept the first time around we used it so Im all for it ^^
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Raf, who exactly are you agreeing with? LOL

This discussion:

[Image: tumbleweed.gif]

LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 65,102 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,517 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 324,510 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM