Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:17 AM
Alliance or Vertex
<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+Nov 9 2006, 11:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ Nov 9 2006, 11:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm really confused but then again, the storyline never really mattered that much in AC games. [/quote:dc0fe3c348]
Yep, I guess that pretty much sums it up. What's really been important in AC games is for you to blow up teh stuff anyway. Tongue

But just to continue the interesting discussion...

<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Why the hell did he do that? Why didn't he just explain the situation to all surviving Ravens and rallied them together to fight the Internecine? Surely a lot of Ravens going against the Pulvies would result in better chances of success instead of sending in just one or two skilled pilots.[/quote:dc0fe3c348]
Oo nga, ano ba talagang gustong mangyari ni Jack-O? If he wanted to be the ruler/authority in some military state with the best Raven at his side, that poses a lot of logic jumps. For one, a Dominant, knowing he or she is a Dominant, would not need and would not want to bow down to any authority, Raven or otherwise. And another thing, Jack-O would have no 'cronies' to speak of once he's at the top, because... he made them all kill each other. Tongue

I think his real intentions from the very beginning were clearly not to rid the world of Corporations. That much I can defend. What isn't clear to me is what he really wanted to happen.
Hmmm, something just whacked me on the head.

Its a little obvious though. Pretty idiotic of me not to realize it sooner.

Jack-O knows about the Internecine.

He didn't tell the Alliance or the ATU about it and instead set up a pretty elaborate scheme to destroy the Internecine.

Why?

The Corporations are greedy. If Jack informed them about it and proposed a truce, Alliance would readily betray Jack and attempt to take the Internecine and the Pulverizer technology for themselves. God only knows what those selfish bastards would do once they get their corrupt hands on that kind of technology. >Sad

Things are starting to make sense now.

King Jack-O?

didn't he disappear at the end of LR?

The King is dead! All hail the King! Smile)
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
So if he knew of the Internecine, and what it could do, he purposefully 'fed' his fellow Ravens to the Pulverizers in order to up the latter's combat performance? Am I right in this?

If so, the question still stands: what was the point of that? To rule alongside the Pulverizers? Wouldn't they attack him? After all, I don't think anyone outside of the Internecine/AI controlled the targets of the Pulvies...

Fox, or anyone who can come up with a clear exposition of the motives behind Jack-O's actions, even if it is just theories and conjectures, please post what you have. Tongue
This is turning out to be interesting. Come on people, we all have our own theories. I still have a few ideas but i think i'll wait and see what the others think before i proceed. Wink
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Madami yung endings kaya nakakalito, depende sa path na pinili mo. theres one ending where evangel seems to be controlling the super bipedal pulverizer. and in the unlockable mission it seems like the requester was jack o and he's the one piloting the aerial pulverizer since he disappeared after you've defeated zinaida.
<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+Nov 9 2006, 11:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlok @ Nov 9 2006, 11:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think his real intentions from the very beginning were clearly not to rid the world of Corporations. That much I can defend. What isn't clear to me is what he really wanted to happen. [/quote:b1a4280bd1]
I agree.

I don't think that Jack's planning to use the Pulverizer, though. He does seem to do everything in his power not to reveal the existence of the Internecine to the Alliance, he probably thought it would be the end if it fell into the wrong hands.

Check out what Evangel did in one of the path <_<
Quote:So if he knew of the Internecine, and what it could do, he purposefully 'fed' his fellow Ravens to the Pulverizers in order to up the latter's combat performance? Am I right in this?

I was thinking that he made the Ravens to fight each other so that they wouldn't help the evolution of the Pulvies and to see who can actually keep up with them.

Wait a sec, this topic is turning to be different, but interesting Happy

I was wondering how he knew about the Pulverizers. Maybe he took some sort of request from Navis involving about this (Navis was reponsible for developing Circ-city...) before it crumbled.

Argh! FROM left some holes to let the players to keep thinking Wacko
[Image: nines.jpg]
At first, I wanted to join Alliance. why?

Reasons:
1.) Instead of fighting one another, the big 3 joined together. and that took guts.
2.) Alliance is composed of 3 corporations who MANUFACTURE our AC parts.

then they became jerks. blaming me for the loss of their cargo! I soon wanted to join vertex. why?

Reasons:
1.) I look up to jack
2.) They are Fighting for a New World Order.

then jack suddenly make his ravens fight one another to find his so-called strength that he seeks.

Zinaida was right. Now I'm just a gun-4-hire. A Raven.
The Strong shall live and the weak shall suffer.I'm too weak to know I'll win but too strong to know I'll lose.
Well I prefer on Vertex, kasi nga kahit di sila mataas magbayad, si Jack-O naman ay nagbibigay ng AC parts, well actually yung new pa lang me sa LR napunta me sa Alliance, dahil mataas sila magbayad, pero sa kanilang emblems pa lang yung Vertex signifies for freedom cauz of the bird, and Allaiance ay "A" lang, kung yung Alliance ay yung 3 corporations, dapat, isa na lang yung nagproproduce ng mga weapons.
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
Vertex = New World Order.

Though Jack - O maybe a jerk (Always get lost and only uses the ravens that follow him in search of the true Dominant), I revere him and also I might do that if I were in that position.

Hence. I can call myself jerk also Tongue
"It is our ignorance that make us say we know everything..."<br>"The only thing we need to fear is fear itself..."
Vertex. Worship Sieg the guys who fight against the governments! (Gundam Pilots of Wing, Zeon, AEUG, Vultures, to name a few. Though Ilike the governments at times.)
I'm a general mecha fan! Anything from Go Nagai Super Robots to Mobile Suit Gundam.

http://www.phpbbcity.com/gundamtw/index....m=gundamtw
The home of mecha friends.
I'll join Vertex instead of Alliance. I don't care he plots on killing me in one of his missions, but at least I get to enjoy them than Alliance's sissy missions imo.
I'll join vertex if needed be but in truth I'll go the vigilante road like serene and azuma but anyway what I would do exactly would be what millis raid does in my post on the "your raven" post.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!