Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:32 AM
AC Terms
(02-22-2012, 01:53 AM)Evil Panda Wrote:
Quote:Hunter-class / Pseudo!Jager-class - close combat type AC built for high mobility, but with higher defense and/or firepower making it slightly tougher, yet also slower than a true Jager-class.
Smile

I think Panda-class is a more appropriate term for that.
^ Sad

*deadpan* You're making fun of me, comrade. How could you? Sad( *end deadpan*

=))
Not making fun of you. I honestly think "Panda-class" sounds cool. Sad
I know you weren't. Tongue

Hence the =)) emote. :3

Will this all go in the Encyclopedia? Big grin
Geeky heads:
Head parts that have a lot of functions/features and other amusing stuff such as bio sensors and shit, but end up being too drainy anyway.

Nerdy heads:
Head parts that excel on certain functions such as the radar range, and are almost impenetrable against ECM, but end up having shitty defense and AP anyway.

Blockheads:
Dumbass head parts who know nothing other than to provide some armor and AP for your AC, but end up being actually more useful than most heads.

Squatters:
Insides that are too useless for their own weight and limited uses. You cannot eject/evict them unless you're at the garage.
lol blockheads... Since most of them are good at sports they provide better stability than most heads.
(02-24-2012, 05:23 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: lol blockheads... Since most of them are good at sports they provide better stability than most heads.

Hahah oo nga no. Pwedeng pwede maging 70 or 80s stereotype of jocks (football players). LOL

Bladus Interruptus - Having your slash cancelled to the point where you don't do damage when blading on rough and uneven terrain. May or may not induce stun on the victim.
'Signatures are overrated.'

dedicated counter blader --- the only way I know how to survive in a blade battle.

an ac with high en def, en shields, blades, and parry blades that has to have a high turn rate and it also used to have a great anti blader weapon but it got hit by a ban hammer D:

whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

old thread, but I figured I would share.
the "quotes" and "slang" sections of my old team Avalon website were among its more popular sections. They arent filipino terms, but here are a couple well known and not so well known ones me and my friends use. most are old terms though *shrug*

Boomstick....
term primarilly used to referance the old SL GNL back mounted grenade launcher...but pretty much works for any games highest tier grenade launcher.

Boomboxes....
any missile "pod" back launcher, the ones that launch a pod that then fire off lots of missiles on its own.

Godhand....
the heavier left arm howitzer from SL, cuz it hits so hard it will knock any AC right to the ground no matter how high up they are.

Flashlight...
used to describe what happens when you go to attack a grounded enemy from the air with your blade, to try to hit your opponent just before you land. But time it wrong causing the act of landing to cancel your blade mid animation resulting in a harmless brief flash of the blade. as Mirshan always likes to say "dont mind me, just showing ya my shiny flashlight"

AssCam....
made by Mirshan to describe when a tank is attacking an opponent basically directly above him, and the rear end of a tanks legs take up the entire screen while the tanks camera is panned all the way up. making it impossible for the tank player to see anything at all. Mirshan and I deem exploiting the ass cam"fair game" when fighting a tank, but to Mirshans frustration its increadably annoying and kinda mean, lol

chicken AC....
an odd one between me and my friends for sure....we call any AC using bazooka weapon arms chicken AC's cuz the AC in my I be an retarded video used bazooka arms

jousting....
OB'ing straitght at an opponent in a tank with a back grenade launcher and attacking with said grenade launcher towards the end of the OB.

Hooking....
while playing a tank in old AC that has turn booster extentions and a grenade launcher, the act of letting an opponent boost to your side till he is at the perfect spot to use your turn boosters and hit him with your grenade launcher right away.
"OB hooking" is hooking right after you cut an OB(maybe during a failed joust) in order to follow an opponent who is moving too fast or you overshoot him on purpose to OB hook in order to mindgame. the best tank players could OB joust while flying slightly up, follow a moving target to hit with the joust, and while falling slightly put himself into perfect position to hit with a hook at the exact time the grenade launcher was done reloading. speaking from experience fighting Mirshan, when it happens to you it throws your whole game off.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE
Quote:chicken AC....
an odd one between me and my friends for sure....we call any AC using bazooka weapon arms chicken AC's cuz the AC in my I be an retarded video used bazooka arms

We're familiar with this guy as we've played with him a bit before. It's that 3[?]/4[?] barrel bazooka arms that looks like a box right?
You could switch modes while flying for extra effect,

I've thought of hooking before, But I never knew there's somebody good enough to actually execute it.
Grim's AC Buko Joe could do it but without the extensions and it's not a tank.
(10-02-2012, 04:35 AM)Serene Wrote:
Quote:chicken AC....

We're familiar with this guy as we've played with him a bit before. It's that 3[?]/4[?] barrel bazooka arms that looks like a box right?

I've thought of hooking before, But I never knew there's somebody good enough to actually execute it.
Grim's AC Buko Joe could do it but without the extensions and it's not a tank.

yeah the actual "chicken arms" are 4 barrels per arms, but for whjatever reason we call AC's using either zook arm set chicken AC's.

in my time playing the many US east coast players AC3 thru LR, the two players I know who were best at hooking were Mirshan and Bigphil. They are two of the best tank players I have ever seen. Mirshan was REALLY good at jousting and hooking together, it was mind boggling sometimes. I have seen Misrhan aerial OB joust in the steeple stage in SL between platforms, and still hook amazingly when landing on the next tiny platform(someone actually tried to cripple his tank in a tourney by bringing him to the steeples, only to find his skills negated the stage). I did get to play Watcher and Kobel a lot in NX during the days of Kai, two of the best US west coast tank players, but they that was past their "glory days". neither were as good in NX as they were in SL, and both had far different tank playstyles then the east coast players. neither jousted often at all
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE
Even if they use shell weapons, my baby wouldn't stand a chance.