Current time: 05-20-2024, 11:14 AM
PH Weather Watch 2012
(08-02-2012, 06:43 PM)Zefyr Wrote: http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/

Well it's on their website, caught on the satellite imagery.

Of course by fun I meant it sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood a little bit. I dunno if a storm this big has hit us before :/

I also just checked at PAGASA before i saw your link.

Nope. I'm not that ancient, so I don't remember one being bigger than Luzon.

I'm not speaking for everyone but you should know that there are a few and those who know others with bad experiences regarding storms. You know what I mean.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(08-02-2012, 06:47 PM)Serene Wrote: I'm not speaking for everyone but you should know that there are a few and those who know others with bad experiences regarding storms. You know what I mean.

I'm from Ilocos Norte. Storms are always bad news there since we tend to get a lot of their worst effects. I'm sorry but i can't bring myself to laugh about these kinds of things, especially after some of the typhoons i've been through.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
thats bad, there are other areas in the country already under flood.
I live quite close to the pier. We're lucky the water the rain brings in goes to the sea, but we have to deal with the tide. We have it easy.

The rain hasn't stopped for long time in weeks. The flood in some towns are so bad it might take more or less a year to get rid of.
'Signatures are overrated.'
I read it with a totally sarcastic, inoffensive tone. I get that it may be a sensitive topic for some folks, but I really think we're overreacting here.

Carry on, gents.
Seeing as Ateneo is basically an impregnable mountain fortress of anti-aquatic-invasionary-measures, we're probably going to be the last college standing tomorrow if we get hit by this thing.
Tempting fate now, are we, son? LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(08-02-2012, 10:45 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Seeing as Ateneo is basically an impregnable mountain fortress of anti-aquatic-invasionary-measures, we're probably going to be the last college standing tomorrow if we get hit by this thing.

Bad news for you though? The typhoon is in Taiwan already.
(08-02-2012, 11:40 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 10:45 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Seeing as Ateneo is basically an impregnable mountain fortress of anti-aquatic-invasionary-measures, we're probably going to be the last college standing tomorrow if we get hit by this thing.

Bad news for you though? The typhoon is in Taiwan already.

Good news for me and Grim considering where the water that "impregnable" fortress diverts the water to.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Ah yes, the sound of empty skies in the morning. Many a morning have I been fooled XD
But as Zefyr said, this is all just the calm before the other bigger weather system starts to hit our country next week. Hopefully, such a thing won't happen.
(08-03-2012, 10:19 AM)Grim Wrote: But as Zefyr said, this is all just the calm before the other bigger weather system starts to hit our country next week. Hopefully, such a thing won't happen.

There's an event next week that's gonna get screwed over if that happens.
[Image: 581941_10151053556098119_422255195_n.jpg]

ok this is not funny when it hits us.
Looks like it already dissipated, but it'll probably bring more rain and strong wind. Hopefully we don't get bad weather this Saturday.
Why does RR meets get so much attention from the rain gods?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!