Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:04 PM
Armored Core: Verdict Day
http://www.gaming-age.com/2013/02/armore...is-summer/

New Images.
Alright then, lets go over what flaws where in ACV that we didn't like. And hope that at least some of them will be improved, fixed, and or removed from V Day.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
(02-23-2013, 03:52 AM)farmboy28 Wrote: http://www.gaming-age.com/2013/02/armore...is-summer/

New Images.

Based on that link, Bamco's gonna translate the game and release it internationally. Some of the screen shots are already in English. Maybe they're aiming for a simultaneous international release?

[Image: Armored-Core-Verdict-Day_AI.jpg]

This image got me curious that there might be AI tuning in the game. Meaning you might be able to customize ACs and AI . send them out to battle without direct control, for offensive and defensive purposes. Kinda reminds me of Carnage Heart, and I'm hoping the AI system is as complex as that.
Did the US & EU version even got the AI mercenary option?

drooling over those awesome renders, hopefully another awesome intro.
I dunno, never checked, but I know that the international version got the same patch that included the new match making and AI patch as Japan did.

Anyway, if it's anything like Carnage Heart, we can see armies and armies of ACs ready to do our biding Tongue
Hive minded army of ACs with the mentality of Rin Tezuka to our bidding in our down time. Sounds like a plan. Only problem I can foresee is someone finding the perfect specs for AI programing and from there it all goes down hill. Unless From saw through this and instead had a rock paper scissor system setup to counter the "Perfect" AI.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
I think this is definitely worth pre-ordering since there hasn't been any limited edition release for AC games. Not even sure if it's a japan-only thing.

Shock Ooooooo Do want!
These awesome goodies will surely shut up those whiny AC fanboys before patch 1.2, 100% guaranteed.
As long as that figure doesn't turn out to be a kids meal toy.
hmmm, too bad the new one is still based on ACV.
doesnt look like I'll ever be able to return to and enjoy the series....oh well
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE
(02-25-2013, 05:55 AM)Deemer Wrote: hmmm, too bad the new one is still based on ACV.

You don't have to force it, the game should call out to you :p.

Got know the scale of that figure included in the limited edition pack though. It might be just the size of a (well detailed) gashapon.
(02-25-2013, 05:55 AM)Deemer Wrote: hmmm, too bad the new one is still based on ACV.

I feel the same way, man. The direction this series is taking sure has left our generation behind.

Oh yeah, if someone lambasts us oldtimers again and I hear the word "warmonger" once more, I shall retaliate in kind.
I feel the same way in that I still prefer the older iterations. But I'm still happy that it's now much easier to play with other people. I don't know how much time I can put in this expansion pack, but I'm still looking forward to it.
I just feel that Fromsoftware approaches each AC game with the wrong mindset. more and more lately it seems they focus very heavily on filling the games with what I call "cool value" rather then gameplay. they fill the games with flashy/epic content thats more meant to make you go "oh man, that is so badass", But dont have much practical/balanced value in the gameplay itself

as a result I think a lot of stuff in the newer Armored Cores end up being more "gimmicky" then anything. not really sure how to explain it, but in ACV even the multiplayer itself feels a bit gimmicky with how it was implemented(at least IMO).

I mean sure, its a real fun idea to be able to wall hike off buildings with a giant robot, but its also kinda dumb when you really think about it, lol.
(e.g.)

too put it bluntly, the newer AC games are all flash, no substance.

well thats my two cents
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Verdict Day Patch 1.06 Gradlein 7 13,056 12-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Gradlein
  AC3: I think, i just hacked armored core 3 Serph 4 6,786 05-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Serph
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 29,715 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  LR: Core-part Preferences NiX 43 46,610 01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: DarkFury
  Armored Core 2 NiX 17 18,803 10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Last Post: NiX