Current time: 04-28-2024, 01:54 PM
AC:VD <<PROJECT HYPERION>>
White_Rain shows you his AC from Verdict Day, though starting back in V.
UPDATED BUILD
HYPERION 2.0 GAMMA (Improved BETA):

HEAD: KAGARIBI mdl.1 [TE-DEF TYPE]
-Never gonna change this head, am I? Lol. I love this thing's defense stats and its scanning ability while in conjunction with these defense stats is truly impeccable, since most heads are either high in defense or high in scanning ability.

CORE: Co-D-S29 (Betsy Ross Variant) [CE-DEF TYPE]
-Kinda "meh" towards its lack of AP, but the DEF stats are nice, it's a lighter-weight core, and it defends well against CE to help me avoid getting destroyed as easily by Battle Rifles.

ARMS: AC-129 (Vlad III Variant) [CE-DEF TYPE]
-Again, lighter weight and good DEF values, but disliking its lack of AP. Oh well, it still offers some okay KE and TE DEF.

LEGS: L03 FreQuency [BIPEDAL-M]
-I previously had some incredibly bad judgement towards these legs due to their low DEF stats, carrying capacity, and AP, but after using them, I see just how useful they are, considering how much I'm used to moving.

FCS: Fs-L-E28 [WIDE-ANGLE TYPE]
-Still looking for a better FCS, but I haven't found anything much better.

GENERATOR: Ge-D-G23 [HIGH-OUTPUT TYPE]
-I've been swapping generators around for a while now, but each generator has its glaring faults, from the G23's small energy capacity to the MAKIBASHIRA mdl.3's slow recharge rate and small energy output. No generator truly set up to what I desire, but y'gotta make do with what you have, eh?

BOOSTER: Bo-C-H11 [HIGH-POWER type]
-Many times, I've heard comments that this booster doesn't seem to work with my build, but each time I try anything else, something else is wrong, so if anyone could suggest a SPECIFIC booster that's better than this, I'd be more than happy to try it.

RECON UNIT: Re-X-A13
-Not sure if the recon unit thing is that important, but to be honest, sometime I ought to change it.

RIGHT ARM UNIT: ARAGANE mdl.2 (Full-Power Tune) [BATTLE RIFLE]
-I chose this for its lower weight, higher ammo, and decent power, over many other battle rifles, plus the CE damage for my typical All-Damage-Types-Covered loadout. I chose it for convenience over all else, since I'm not exactly the best shot in the world.

LEFT ARM UNIT: AM/RFA-222 (Full-Power Tune) [RIFLE]
-My favorite rifle, by far. Great power, for one thing, and a great ammo count of 530, so great as to run out of ammo long after all of my other weapons. It also has good reload time and decent optimal range, all in a nice, fairly light gun.

SHOULDER UNIT: SU09 Jellyfish [KE VERTICAL MISSILE]
-I saw a UNAC use this - in specific, a design Arrui gave to me. While the UNAC itself was decent in its attacks and no match for my weaponry constantly pounding its armor, these missiles constantly stopped my AC up with a good ol' stagger. In admiration, I bought these missiles because of that UNAC.

ULTIMATE WEAPON: n/a
-Seriously, who even uses UWs these days? They've been affected by quite a nerf that really makes them even LESS balanced than they were before - to near uselessness. Their strict time limits, damaging of the AC by sheer heat, and limited usability in most given situations was bad enough, but now they completely break your generator for a certain amount of time, so that was an unnecessary nerf IMHO. Regardless, UWs are useless to me, that is that.

*RIGHT BAY UNIT: YAMABUKI mdl.1 [PULSE MACHINE GUN]
-I chose this for its relatively light weight, low EN consumption, and ammo capacity, but it turns out this is fairly accurate in comparison to most PMGs and has a lock-on time that's just a tiny bit quicker than a normal PMG, say, the HATSUKARI mdl.1. Very lacking in power regardless, and so my search for a better TE weapon continues.
HOWEVER, a laser rifle and a plasma rifle are certainly not options for me. A plasma rifle's slow muzzle velocity and low accuracy don't work at all for my style, and due to the necessity of charging a laser rifle, I can't get it to do the damage it needs to do quickly enough. That and both are quite weighty and consume a lot of energy, and you'll see in just a few moments why these are issues.

*LEFT BAY UNIT: Au-U-E02 [SHIELD, CE-DEF type]
-CE DEF because Battle Rifles. Those things are scary sometimes, so my ability to defend against them is something to focus on, if R.Leonhardt's critique is by any chance something for me to pay attention to.

*These are planned to be swapped between bays at any moment in the build given the conditions require it.

Now, onto the STATS:

BOOSTER: 141
HB: 281

AP: 35,263
KE DEF: 1850
CE DEF: 1551
TE DEF: 917

Total Load: 6,032
Legs' Loading Capacity: 5,904
(See? That's the problem I mentioned earlier and why I focused on weight so much - I sacrificed loading capacity for stability, and did everything I could to bring it down to levels that the legs could manage. Now, the bar says it's just a hair overweight.)
Total Weight: 7,612
Stability: 1,102
Recoil Resistance: 1,286
Turning Performance: 850
Energy Recovery: 4,615
Total EN Consumption: 12,815
Energy Output: 17,530

This was an AC built quickly to match R.Leonhardt's stability request, and it's a fairly mobile AC too. As he said, bullets often "didn't connect", and yes, my AC is better at maneuvering now. It's better at evasion and setting up a counterattack, if only marginally. It suffers a bit from its energy problems, but overall, it fights, and it fights well. Though it can't easily survive two battle rifles fired at it at once when it tries to close in, but then again what AC even CAN? Overall, I'm kinda mixed on my feelings towards this AC. It's more stable and quick, but has energy-efficiency and weight issues.

A picture of it, now that it is fully-decorated:

[Image: HYPERION20GAMMA_zps594400b2.jpg]

Do pay good attention to that chest decal. My favorite part about the design, I have to say. Veeeeeeeeeeeery precise movements for decorating like that. It's not perfectly even, but it looks ridiculously close, doesn't it?
The biggest flaw right now is the head. good defense and good stability to compensate for its terrible weight and heavy drain. Now that you mentioned you were having weight and energy problems, it's probably because you're starting to feel the burden of the head. You can try RR's favorite head, the one blue magnolia is using Smile
And which one might that be, my kind sir? Rofl
(01-20-2014, 11:23 AM)White_Rain Wrote: And which one might that be, my kind sir? Rofl

It's the HF-227. One of the best head units IMHO. Good stability computation, average camera performance, and great hacking speed at a very low weight and energy cost.

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte
(01-20-2014, 11:41 AM)arrui Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 11:23 AM)White_Rain Wrote: And which one might that be, my kind sir? Rofl

It's the HF-227. One of the best head units IMHO. Good stability computation, average camera performance, and great hacking speed at a very low weight and energy cost.

Howard Coleman Variant? If so, then I have that. It would EASILY benefit me in the following:
- My AC will no longer be overweight
- My AC will reach 5,857 EN Recovery
No. Not the retrofit. The stock version. It unlocks in the store when you reach Rank A. The stock version has better stats IIRC, just lacking a little in defenses.

no, not Howard's. Though good enough, it's still inferior to the original
Understood. I'll look up the stats for it. Anyone willing to help me rank up?

Ooh. Ahh, that low TE DEF is a little worrying, considering I can't find any way to balance that so it can defend against TE-type weapons well enough. Even with the Howard retrofit, I dip under 800 TE DEF.
This when a TE shield becomes necessary. have a feeling you'll somehow end up using a similar frame to mine.
Uh-oh. Is that bad? If so, I'll change my AC up a bit.

My sister's gonna be playing Grand Theft Auto V for a little while, so I won't be able to continue ranking up like I have been wanting to. I'll be here on my laptop talking with you guys on RR while managing my ACVD stuff on the ACVD Link system. Who knows? Maybe I'll finally start watching that old "BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY" DVD box set I got on Christmas. I've been waiting for a moment where I could watch that.
I'm amazed at the rate and direction your AC has evolved. It really shows how much thought you and R here put into it. I'm glad you are getting better by the day. My AC was barely functioning the last time we mock-battled. I bet i'll be eating your dust in the days to come Smile

Heheh, I just got to read that the VERY MOMENT I finished decorating HYPERION 2.0 DELTA (upgraded GAMMA). "Rate of evolution", indeed, my friend!
I would share DELTA, but to be honest, I made some improvements shortly after that with the newest and possibly-greatest HYPERION to date, HYPERION 2.0 EPSILON. (Notice how the name is based on Greek mythology, thus the stage names are of the Greek alphabet? You can see the pattern here, I hope.)

This AC, in my opinion, has only one flaw: its weakness to TE-Def. Other than that, it moves fast, strikes hard, and feels GREAT to pilot. To me, anyway. It's just that people like arrui and Leo use Karasawas, and that's gonna tear me right the hell apart if I let them come in contact with me. My AC's just BARELY quick enough to avoid them - at medium-to-long ranges. Get up close while they're using one, I'm toast, but then again that's what ALL laser rifles do, eh?

Anyway, on with the build!

HEAD: HF-227 (Howard Coleman variant) [KE-DEF TYPE]
The HF-227, while lacking in defenses, is RR's favorite head, so I've been told, due to its scanning capabilities. Though, the DEF stats are a bit TOO low for my liking. While the Howard retrofit of the HF-227 is heavier and lacking in the computational aspects, it isn't by much. The retrofit is more balanced in its DEF stats, all while maintaining excellent stability in tandem with the H03-FreQuency. (Seriously, it's only a 6-point upgrade when switching from the Howard variant to the base model in the overall stability of the AC, I'm PRETTY sure that isn't much.) I'm satisfied with this retrofit, as it suits me better than the 227 base model does. It grants me the ability to survive just a little longer while still being quite stable and able to find my enemies. While I mostly chose this head due to its significant increase in TE-Def and its decent increase in CE-Def, all while giving me just a little bit more AP, it isn't enough to completely save me from the inevitable destruction-by-laser-rifles. Just a slight buffer to hopefully improve the odds. This almost makes me miss the KAGARIBI.

CORE: Co-D-S29 (Betsy Ross variant) [CE-DEF TYPE]
While this has less AP, KE Def, and CE Def than the base model, as well as less Thermal resistance and more EN Consumption, this gives me a pretty significant boost of TE Def, the most TE Def of any CE-Def core available. (The TAMAKAZURA mdl.2 does NOT have more TE-Def; if you examine things carefully, ACVD-LINK has the values of the CE Def and the TE Def swapped. Guess I can only trust the game when it comes to stats.) This core gives its all to even my chances of surviving a Battle Rifle and a Laser Rifle, but it still isn't enough. Not NEARLY.

ARMS: Ar-M-W48 (Base model) [CE-DEF TYPE]
In an effort to try to survive the onslaught of the ever-fearsome Battle Rifles, I did what I could to find a good TE Def value on the CE-Def arms. As a result, the focus on the CE Def gives me a good buffer to absorb some damage from Battle Rifles at the expense of TE Def, which I was told not to worry about. But considering how I have such a low TE Def on the AC, I kinda DID worry a bit, and still do. So yeah. I chose these arms specifically for that reason. But I've taken a good look at my inventory, and now I see this might not have been such a good choice...

LEGS: L03 FreQuency [BIPEDAL-M]
Well, what the heck ELSE is a guy like me gonna use? I DID try legs with less stability and more DEF before, but that ended up getting PULVERIZED by the hard-hitting weapons time and time again. These legs have good stability, good charge attack power, good movement control, and an okay deflection enhancement.
Did anybody else know?
FreQuency is the name of the group that worked together with FROM Software to produce the music for Armored Core: Verdict Day.

FCS: Fs-L-E28 [WIDE-ANGLE TYPE]
Good in conjunction with the shoulder weapons I have, but decent in all other aspects. Not much else to say.

GENERATOR: Ge-D-G23 [HIGH-OUTPUT TYPE]
A nice generator that works well in conjunction with my boosters. Though I have my complaints about just how easy it uses up energy, it is respectable in its ability to regenerate that energy.

BOOSTER: Bo-C-H11 [HIGH-POWER TYPE]
One of the best boosters throughout the entire game. This little booster gives me some insane power, making me move quick when I want it to (which is, well, almost all the time). While it consumes energy quick, the energy recharges quickly, so I can make good use of it. Besides, with Scan Mode, the energy consumption is even lower, helping me significantly in my need to recover from either a mad-dog chase-down, or a speedy dodge attempt.

RECON UNIT: Re-X-A13 [HOVER TYPE]
I've been making use of these a lot more. They're actually quite useful, and have a nice range of scanning. I've found my targets behind cover considerably easy using the recon units, so I don't think any change needs to be made.

RIGHT ARM UNIT: ARAGANE mdl.2 [BATTLE RIFLE]
The Python Speed Reloader of the Battle Rifles, though heftier than a weapon of size proportionate to an AC as a Python Speed Reloader is to a human. This is the lightest Battle Rifle with the second-lowest EN consumption of its kind, and in comparison to most Battle Rifles, it has an unbelievably quick reload time. This gives it the ability to press on the firepower, and while being slightly weaker than 4 of the battle rifles I own, it's only slight, so the damage this can do is of such a great magnitude. A great firearm that I'd recommend anyone use. ... Seriously. Use it.

LEFT ARM UNIT: AM/RFA-222 [RIFLE]
Ohh boy. This rifle, this damn rifle right here. One of the strongest rifles, this thing has an AMAZING reload time to allow it to press on the heat, and it can trash an AC in quick time if they can't deflect the shots. Great ammo capacity, too. Overall, this rifle is very, very convenient. It even has a comparable shape to a stock-less Russian AKS-74U assault rifle, and is about as big as to an AC as the AKS-74U is to a human. Love this rifle.

SHOULDER UNIT: SU09 Jellyfish [VERTICAL MISSILE]
Need additional KE-type damage support? This missile's the one that's gonna do the job. Over 1.3K damage per missile, 4 locks max... that's 5.2K damage at maximum. Good ammo, good range, good everything IMO. I see why Arrui used this on the UNAC data he gave me.

ULTIMATE WEAPON: -n/a-
Seriously, does anyone use UWs anymore? The super nerf wasn't even necessary, FROM. It was fine as it was before.

RIGHT BAY UNIT: AMAGOROMO mdl.2
Good defenses for less-than-desirable AP. Kinda hefty and energy-consuming, but it defends very well.

LEFT BAY UNIT: AM/PMA-239
I chose this primarily for its good optimal range and reload time, plus its low EN consumption during use. It might not be able to work well against most ACs, but it's relatively easy to use, IMO. Does the job well enough, I think.

Booster: 132
HB: 264

AP: 34,109
KE-DEF: 1824
CE-DEF: 1606
TE-DEF: 721

Total Weight: 7,651
Stability: 1,075
Recoil Resistance: 1,338
Turning Performance: 610
EN Recovery: 5,664

Loading Capacity: 5,904
Total Load: 6,071 (Slightly overweight)
Total EN Consumption: 11,866
EN Output: 17,530

[Image: HYPERION20EPSILON2_zps596bac3c.jpg]

While the TE-Def on this thing is, in my honest belief, dangerously low, this is everything I wanted out of an AC. One that can move and shake another AC right to its foundations with its firepower and speed. (Sorry, Arrui, for stealing your workshop. I just thought it looked cool.)

See you all when HYPERION 2.0 ZETA is completed!
Looking back, you used to have a really fat AC. It's amazing how much it changed in just a week or so =)
(01-25-2014, 06:14 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: Looking back, you used to have a really fat AC. It's amazing how much it changed in just a week or so =)

You have a thing against fat ACs huh? XD