Current time: 05-19-2024, 03:23 PM
Something Strange is About in the AC Universe
Discoveries, theories, and evidence abound! What could White_Rain be thinking?
(01-28-2014, 03:06 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: I'm pretty sure AC3 has no connection to AC2 because it was officially a reboot. You should know that people don't go around posting it's official especially in wikipedia,without a credible source.

FROM actually stated this, you say? Then it seems awfully silly to use words such as "still undecided", "20 years since the Earth Government and Corporations battled for supremacy", and "Another mysterious entity" if the series isn't supposed to be canonically connected to anything before it when the box art is CLEARLY suggesting something happened beforehand, and since it references an event from the previous games ever-so-specifically...

I never said it's absolutely true, but it really makes you wonder... Or at least it makes ME wonder.

But when did FROM officially state it was a reboot?

(01-29-2014, 01:23 AM)Goat Wrote: I've always wondered about what happened to Jack O at the Last Raven ending, since you're supposed to be the Last Raven. Most of the time he just either disappears (as if laying low) or dies in any ACLR ending.

It's often suggested that the ending where everyone dies except for you - and I mean EVERYONE, even Jack-O - is the canon ending.

Understandably, it DOES make sense that AC3 is officially a reboot... to a degree. But considering how the PS1/PS2-era games had nothing to drive them but story, and only recently (and by that I mean AC4) have AC games had an OFFICIAL online mode... Well, it seems kinda odd to me that the series is a whole new universe even though the only different things I've seen so far between AC2 and AC3 are the Exceed Orbit cores that launch auto-attack drones. I don't know, From saying the game is a reboot yet almost completely certifiably referencing the past games is kinda suspicious. R.Leonhardt, are you SURE From actually said anything on whether AC3 was a reboot, or was it just some random source claiming they were From's own words? Remember - there's no law saying everything said on the internet MUST BE RIGHT. There are MANY liars here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something Strange is About in the AC Universe - by White_Rain - 01-29-2014, 04:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AC Timeline and universe question KiaYuki 9 15,317 09-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Sirius140