Current time: 05-19-2024, 12:10 PM
Something Strange is About in the AC Universe
Discoveries, theories, and evidence abound! What could White_Rain be thinking?
(01-29-2014, 01:27 PM)White_Rain Wrote:
As for "marketing strategy", well...
The series has never been that big on marketing. That explains very well why Armored Core isn't popular anywhere but Japan, the lack of marketing. Nevertheless, despite the small fanbase, there's still a fanbase, so to throw a guessing game as a marketing strategy somewhat makes sense. However, for them to state what ACTUALLY happened as a guessing game ruins the purpose of this marketing strategy, and I'm certain From isn't dumb enough to do that. The theory of it being unchanged from development makes a LOT more sense than the marketing strategy theory, and even then it has some faults there.

Don't be so quick to judge. Just because it's not popular outside of japan doesn't mean they didn't put effort on strategy. Their only aim was to be big IN JAPAN, the publishers are the ones who handle the international version. Which might I add; the publishers are the ones who made the box art. Unlike recent games, most of the box arts are different from each version. Seriously, again, people like you should do your homework more.

FROM and their publishers are different companies. FROM's only aim is for the japanese market, which is currently roughly twice the size of the active players in the international version. Do you know why? It's because their Marketing strategy work there! That guessing game that don't work on you? Well, they've done it on almost all the series, and it appears people there love it. Otherwise, they would have stopped.

As for Publishers, they are the ones in charge of MARKETING it outside of Japan. They have the rights to create their own version of the game's box art as long as it can appeal to their region. These publishers, have never given much effort to support the game and its fans. Few at least tried to reach out but inevitably, seemingly, lost interest. Why do I know they have different Artworks? Well, that's because I bought both versions most of the time before ACV. The difference in release dates for JP and INT version is around 3 months. For my case, I couldn't wait 3 months for the english version, so I went ahead with the japanese version. The worst artwork for the INT version so far is the AC4. They made it look like an arcade whereas the Japanese version was darker and made it look like the game was tragic. That alone tells a lot about their approach. FROM targets teens and above while most publishers target just Teens. That has a lot of impact on strategies.

Now stick to all your theories and shit but don't ever mess with what FROM had to say. When they say it's official, you don't get a say on the matter. They made the game, and when they decided to reboot, they get a reboot. Players merely explore the world FROM made, which is Armored core. They may change their views of that world but may not alter the realities of that world.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something Strange is About in the AC Universe - by R.Leonhardt - 01-29-2014, 06:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AC Timeline and universe question KiaYuki 9 15,315 09-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Sirius140