Current time: 04-17-2024, 04:39 AM
Armored Core On PC?
Should it? Or Should it not?
One person attempting something can inspire others to attempt similar things.

Quote:Though imagine if Moddydata was able to go though with the original intention of Limit Release being a PC game instead of a short OVA.

A short, bad OVA, looking back it at now I know I can do better based on my mistakes.

Quote:Well, Im not gonna shoot down the idea, If that could be pulled off that would be amazing.

It can be done, with the right people OR the right number of determined people.

Quote:I for one think it's all up to Moodydata for us to ever see AC for the pc.

The project turned into an OVA and brought peoples attention to AC again for a short time, thanks to Youtube I cannot even find it on the search engine anymore without specifically typing in its full title which sucks because it would get more views and have people take interest if it was not for that.

Quote:Yeah, but I wonder how much of it he coded before he decided to make Limit Release an OVA?

None, I was attempting to learn Unreal script at the time, I know very basic script language used by Bungie and Sony for automating various things in different software packages but learning Unreal Script is different as it is made up of a mix of Java and C++ code which is hard to learn if you do not already have some interest or experience in coding.

Quote:That would be nice to know, Anyone know what engine he was planning on using?

I was and still AM, working with UDK, there was talk in one of the meetings I had recently with one of the team members of moving to Unreal Engine 4 but unfortunately my 7 year old rig cannot handle it.

In my own opinion AC can be done on the PC just fine, I lurk the MT fan game project to keep my eye on its progression as it seems really interesting. It can be done and extend to a huge fan base if done currently, take a look at Boot Fighter Windom its a indie mech brawler that plays like a Gundam Vs arcade game and has similar art assets because its more of a tribute to them taking inspiration from them.

I am still working on art assets for Limit Release and will be more than happy to offer them to any coder or project as long as the staff for the project are determined and work at least half as hard as I did creating everything for the original animation and this new movie, plus I have said various times I would teach people how to create stuff to help speed production of art assets along as its a pretty easy pipe line, that offer still stands if people are interested.

As previously stated, the community can make this happen with the right people and I stand by that idea fully.

(Yes I do visit the forums weekly and lurk like batman to keep up with current events)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 101 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 6,058 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 722 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 469 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 476 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 388 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 5,954 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 624 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,484 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,862 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM