Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:10 PM
Armored Core On PC?
Should it? Or Should it not?
ACs are a complex piece of hardware, Unless your piloting a NEXT using the AMS I dont think it would be simple.
Armored Core: Verdict Day NA 360
Team: Unsung Revenant
Looking for Recruits
Now here's a question, what if the controls were a modified dual shock controller?
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
For the game, that would be fine. for the actual controls of an AC Id be pretty disappointed, Makes me think of Megas XLR though, which would be pretty cool.
Looking for Recruits
Hmm actually something just hit me, what about the controls from an EVA unit and most of the functions of the array are on small terminals to the sides?
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Thats honestly how I see the cockpit for ACs, Mostly AC4/FA since it uses AMS, much like how EVAs are, the pilots are psychically link to the machine.Minimal manual input is required at that stage.
Looking for Recruits
Well yes, but since ACs aren't giant cyborgs and the pilots depending on how much augmentation they have gone through are, the terminals are probably a god send for normals.
The cockpit is shown during the intro of MoA fyi and it's a pretty standard Real Robot cockpit from how it looked.

And I remember J.E. posting a cross section of a core somewhere in this forum.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Too bad the First person mode was a code in the ps2 games or that would be kick ass to see different cockpits.
As much as I would love to discuss the idea of varying cockpits and controls and believe me that would be a topic i could get behind, I think in an effort to keep on track,I think it might be a good time to sum up that a PC release of an Armored core game in the forseeable future is unlikely and probebly not a good idea?
Looking for Recruits
Unlikely and not advisable, but the chances of it happening isn't zero. Besides, they might release it in the future when cross platform gameplay is the norm. When that time comes,i'm almost certain that they'd release it for the pc Smile
I for one think it's all up to Moodydata for us to ever see AC for the pc. LOL
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Yeah, but I wonder how much of it he coded before he decided to make Limit Release an OVA?
That would be nice to know, Anyone know what engine he was planning on using?
Looking for Recruits
He was using Unreal from what I know.
Unreals a good engine, That's something I would of loved to see come to fruition. Gotta say though feel kinda bad that there's not a lot more most of us can do in way of support, I mean one person to make an Armored Core thats a alot to ask for, and alot of work.
Looking for Recruits

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 101 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 6,111 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 722 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 469 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 476 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 388 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 5,984 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 631 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,491 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,865 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM