Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:02 PM
LR: OB-Kneeling
I've been trying my best at the difficult art of OB-Kneeling, and it is hard.

I don't mean normal kind of hard, the hard I'm talking about is hard x100. If I took the art of OB-Kneeling, put it into physical form, and threw it at a pile of bricks, the bricks would reduce themselves to fine dust before it even thouched them.

Yeah, that kind of hard.

Anyways, my current setup for testing:

H: EYE3
C: /UL2
A: MACAQUE
L: COUGAR2
B: VULTURE2
FCS: F73H
GEN: G91
RAD: ANANDA
INS: -
EXT: -
BUR: -
BUL: LADON (w00t)
AUR: RS
AUL: FINGER (It's actually effective!)
HUR: -
HUL: 69H
OPS: L+, CODON, MARISHI (didn't need any others to test it.)

-=-=-
By no means the final setup.
-=-=-

I know I can significantly reduce the weight, which would help a missive amount, but I have something to do as soon as I'm done posting, so no time to do that at the moment. I've tried it against the AI (Jouster), and I need some major practice with it along with improving the overall design. I won, but it's not the brightest AI in the world. Lost horribly to Rim Fire due to the micro-missiles, which brought to my attention that the time spent kneeling (this includes the moment the AC begins the kneeling animation) needs to be kept to a minimum of 3 seconds. 4 - 5 if I have time, lots of it.

I usually engage the OB before I'm even able to kneel completely and fire the LADON, it requires a fair amount of timing and practice using the two. The one extremely great upside to the LADON is that it takes virtually no time to acheive a full red lock-on a targe as well as the fact it has great tracking along with it's notoriously fast shot velocity.

I really like the weapon loadout I gave my AC for now, it's using the RS for highly accurate firing, and the FINGER in case I'm being rushed. (Using the FINGER because I know it takes almost no time for enemy to charge-in while trying to fire off a kneeling weapon, and it tends to deter some opponents from coming to close.) 69H is used once the FINGER is spent, because it makes an excellent backup weapon in terms of duration and firepower.

I'll post more later. Stuff to do! Bang bang Bang bang Bang bang Bang bang
My AC Garage:
Yep, OB kneeling has definitely lost its use because quads and tanks are more attractive in that aspect.

But it seems that you have a pretty good understanding of how to buff up the effectiveness of the tactic. Basically, that's really what you have to target if you plan to OB kneel. Get down, fire, get out. Fast.

Ladon works very well. When I used this I found that simultaneously firing the Ladon and popping the OB still leaves you enough time to acquire your target properly and fire, then get away with OB. Nice going on the G91 as well, as it makes sure you have enough energy reserves to actually power your OB.

The Finger as a defensive maneuver against rushers is a good idea, but it's a bit misleading since you can't really fire lefty guns when kneeling. I'm a bit irked by that actually. That would have made the defense complete. If you're willing to be a bit more defensive, pop on a shield there. Not only does it put up an actual wall for you, but you can keep it up throughout the whole match too (solid shields especially).

Here are some guns which work just as well with OB kneeling IMO:
GL - OB charge up time has enough of a window for you to get a bead on your target. It seems a bit smaller than that of the Ladon however.
LGL - You can fire even without a lock, always a good thing if you want to spam a bit before getting away. Who knows, you might get in a lucky shot or two.
Geryon - Lots of ammo, and manageable usage drain, especially with the generators with higher capacities. Good velocity on the shot too.

Skylla's kinda wonky in the accuracy department. Lamia needs a couple more shots per kneel to be effective, and that needs time you don't have.
In my opinion, GLL seems to be the only truly viable choice for those that are brave enough to try kneeler tactics.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xl3h2cSKZYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xl3h2cSKZYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nagagawa pa ba yan sa LR? NX lang meron ako. Sorry for the necro

Eto ang masasasbi ko sa kneeling.
-Wag gamiting primary weapon to. Pang "Fatality" lang.
-Kung pwede to sa LR, ang GL, Geryon3, at LX ang suggestion ko.
-Ang nagiging isyu talaga dito ay ang pag luhod at pag acquire ng target mo. Kung hindi nag lock-on within 2 seconds mag bail ka na.
-Kahit 2 seconds lang ang luhod mo, vulnerable ka. Nababawasan yung gamit kong AC ng 700-800 AP kada luhod.
-Sa tingin ko pwede lang to sa light at middleweights.
Nice vid! I'm only speculating but it's probably really easier to do in NX cuz of the higher overall weapon accuracy. Even without the double lock, those grenades still traveled real fast. Might still be worth a try in LR though.
Creative! LOL
Napansin ko nga yung difference ng accuracy sa LR. Minsan kahit point blank na nga hindi pa tumatama Sad Pero sa NX mabagal ding gumalaw ang mga ACs.
If I understand well, Magog used the REMORA's to break of his kneeling stance instead of using OB... But I had the impression that it was still easy for the other guy to hit him, thus why I prefer my owm style of crouching killing. XD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/85y9E0XFpF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/85y9E0XFpF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[Image: t98sig.png]
LOL. You know why?
-I was playing Nexus, which is not very user friendly, unlike Last Raven.
-We're not using the same ACs. I'm only using a random build. And piloting ACs in NX is like wading through mud.
-We're not fighting the same AI. My enemy flies faster, has a greater single shot damage and has a wider arsenal than evhengel. His only disadvantage that I can think of is his low defences.
-Projectiles in NX are harder to dodge because of higher weapon accuracy and slower ACs.
-OB kneeling was already mentioned, both here and in other forums. I was trying a different approach.
-You only kneeled twice. I did it 5 times with the GL and 3 times with LX, thats why I'm getting hit more often than you do.
-The process of getting up is not the problem, but kneeling down and getting a lock-on in 2-4 seconds is the thing that leaves you vulnerable . And that's just vs AI. Humans are even harder targets.
-This is not a contest. We're just trying out the efficiency of kneeling bipeds and so far they are hopeless.
This thread ended when nix posted.
Hmm, maybe. Anyways no need to kneel in Nexus. You just need either tanks with fucked off big guns, or lame rapid firing MGs.

Also, I shot twice while kneeling at first. (But that's what makes the GEYRON3 cheap I guess, good damage,low enough cool down)

Kneeling in my opinion is just to use a big cannon to AP lead, then drop it. The 2nd time I kneeled was just to show off.

Nexus is supposedly easier than Last Raven...

And I'm aware that this isn't a contest, was just trying to put another example, because I didn't see any OB cancelling vids here, only your REMORA technique (which is still ingenious).

Anyways, let's just go use tanks... XD
i was toying with SL using a kneeler, which was made because of this topic.

i'm sure this has been done before and is nothing new but i figured i'd tell you anyway.

I've no video to prove this so you have only my word.

what i did was keel and take a shot with GNL then look up and hit OX/MB and OB at the same time the gnl stayed open and was able to be used on the move without OP-I, until i changed weapons.
That only lets you keep it deployed and get a lock while walking. It doesn't let you fire until you cycle back through to it. Unless there's something I'm missing?
Looks interesting. Maybe I should try this out as well. I'll tell you guys the results. (A bit busy lately though, will have to see)
LCC,

I'm assuming that there was a glitch in the code that made that happen, as it doesn't happen all the time.