Current time: 06-01-2024, 10:22 AM
Alpha Mk.II
Pilot: Jameson
AC: Alpha Mk.II

H: EYE3
C: E2
A: MACAQUE
L: COUGAR2
B: VULTURE2 (5 Boost Power, 5 Boost Acceleration)
FCS: F73H
GEN: LOTUS (10 EN Output)
RAD: HAZEL (10 Cooling)
INS: -
EXT: RM3 (Relation Missiles)
BUR: -
BUL: 69M (Starting Small Missiles)
AUR: RL (Linear Rifle)
AUL: SG (Grenade Launcher)

OPs: AMINO, O69ES, O69SS, O7SLA, L+, CODON, MARSHI.

Defensive tunings are a secret! (Shell DEF and Energy DEF are 1764.)

The playing style is pretty run-of-the-mill, just don't spam anything.
My AC Garage:
Welcome back.
*Sigh* I figured that Alpha Mk.II would be a more 'understandable' AC than Delta Mk.II to the RR community when looking at the past disaster that turned-out to be in the end.

Regardless, the E2 core's EO is very good stuff up-close, and the RL is also the weapon if choice for timing shots. The SG is a close-range weapon that requires some forethought before firing.

The SG isn't a weapon that I see very often on designs. Although it has slow traveling speed, it's attack power, attack heat, and stun are awesome. Given that I hardly ever use the left arm weapon on Alpha Mk.II, I chose the SG because I found it to be the most ideal weapon for the AC design and my playing style.

The parts used to construct Alpha Mk.II aren't exactly 'original', but it was the first real competition AC that I made which actually had excellent results on Kai. The first version had a different weapon setup that was geared towards spamming (RL + R3, GAR2 + 69M), but over time my playing style changed to timing my shots instead of using Spray n' Pray.

It also had the MIROKU FCS and G91 + ANANDA for internal parts. It was with this AC that I disovered my true love in the FCS category: F73H. I use the F73H on every AC that I use, the lockbox is just plain awesome to me.

Anyways, reviews are welcome.
My AC Garage:
The design itself is already pretty solid, when played with patience. Have you tried Selena + G91 + Ananda? It's cookie-cutter yes, and it screws up the underweighting (by a lot actually lol), AND you don't get to put in Marishi, BUT you get a more devastating up-close EO function, especially if all the shots connect.
SELENA + G91 + ANANDA = Not ideal for me.

I find that setup far to cumbersome for the overall design, and the EN drain for every EO shot is kinda big. The idea of Alpha Mk.II is by no means a matter of patience though. It's for really getting in the battle and letting it all go with proper timing. I've missed so many SG shots from keeping any sort of distance from my opponent, so the design itself discourages spamming everything at mid-range on many levels.

Start the match using the RM3 + 69M, drop the RM3 (along with the 69M if you don't feel like using it to pester your opponent), and keep the pressure going in the match by timing shots with the RL and SG. If the AP lead isn't in Alpha Mk.II's favor for whatever reason, use the E2's EO to close the gap with the extra damage it provides. I used to use the E2 as soon as possible, but since I'm not spamming everything, I use it as an 'ace up my sleeve' if the match isn't going to well.

I like how this AC has turned-out to be since I first made it.

Standard / EO cores FTW!
My AC Garage:
When I was messing around with him I didn't get to the point that I could play him like that. I never thought about dropping the RM3 to increase the speed since it was pretty fun pelting my opponent with random missile shots (in the end you said that was okay though). Me and EO cores still don't go too well together so I have a habit of my drying up my EOs near the beginning of the match, but I have gotten better about it because of my personal experience with this AC.

As far as the design goes, there isn't much to change. As for the secret defensive tunes, chances are you're going to get the shell or EN defense to be 1764 and the other 1765.

Good job.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eversor Alpha ex nihilo 0 3,487 05-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Last Post: ex nihilo
  Alpha/OB Iguana 0 2,102 02-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Iguana
  alpha prime or valiant omega AEA1 7 6,022 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Last Post: wanzerfreak
  Alpha Omega Crimson 4 4,933 12-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson
  Osiris Alpha NiX 7 7,569 11-10-2006, 01:45 AM