Current time: 03-29-2024, 11:24 PM
LR: Left-Hand RLA?
<!--QuoteBegin-Serene+Jan 23 2007, 07:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serene @ Jan 23 2007, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Additional fire is different from back-up fire...

Back-up is for when your AC is equipped with and energy weapon and your guage's dry...

Additional fire is when the left weapon -namely the RLA- is added/combined to the right arm weapon's fire... [/quote:d4b5d61f1a]
What's the difference? Whether it's a shell weapon or an energy weapon that's on your right hand (or even back weapons), you're still going to fire them in conjunction with your left hand weapon...

And as for dual wielding the RLA, if you can deal with the weight, I imagine that it'd be deadly up-close, especially with the constant blinding effect of the linear shots
Primary: Right-hand weapon. (RA2, RL, SHADE, etc.)

Secondary: Left-hand weapon. (LB3, ELF3, MOONLIGHT, SRS, SG, etc.)

Cannon: Back-mounted weapon. (GL, GLL, LAMIA2, HARPY, etc.)

Stand Alone: A weapon capable of destroying one or more ACs on its own and has room for error. (RA2, RL, SHADE, HOLLOW, etc.)

Complimentary: A weapon meant to add to the overall effect of one or more weapons. (HOLLOW + DRAGON, DEMON + ROC4, etc.)

Back-Up: Hanger unit weapons. (WRAITH, 69H, etc.)

Co-Dependant: A weapon requiring the support of another to be effective. (GAR, GAR2, RM, RM2, RM3, etc.)

Supportive: A part that can take-up the slot for a weapon, but instead supports the user in a variety of ways. (GIGAS2, FUTEN, ROE, PEGASUS, etc.)

Optional: I doubt this needs explanation. Special parts that can be equipped to a core depending on the available amount of optional slots. (AMINO, O7SLA, CODON, MARISHI, etc.)

-=-=-
This is just going by -my- book.
-=-=-
My AC Garage:
I don't use the RLA in conjunction with another RLA or RL, I find that it's easier if I pair it with something like a Pixie3, a Gast or with missiles.
<span style='colorWhistleed'><span style='font-familyOhmyptima'>This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living... may not hear them. Their voices... may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake... the dead... are not silent. Now you will know the sorrow of those whose lives you have ended... <br>-The Sorrow, Metal Gear Solid 3</span></span>
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Jan 24 2007, 08:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Jan 24 2007, 08:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Serene+Jan 23 2007, 07:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serene @ Jan 23 2007, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Additional fire is different from back-up fire...

Back-up is for when your AC is equipped with and energy weapon and your guage's dry...

Additional fire is when the left weapon -namely the RLA- is added/combined to the right arm weapon's fire... [/quote:be0e73ef57]
What's the difference? Whether it's a shell weapon or an energy weapon that's on your right hand (or even back weapons), you're still going to fire them in conjunction with your left hand weapon...

And as for dual wielding the RLA, if you can deal with the weight, I imagine that it'd be deadly up-close, especially with the constant blinding effect of the linear shots [/quote:be0e73ef57]
Huh What's the difference?
Purpose...

Other than that...
HappySpelling...
'Signatures are overrated.'
(01-23-2007, 08:15 AM)Serene Wrote: All in all...

The RLA is not a good solo or dual wield weapon or even back up...
But as additional fire, It rocks not only because of it usefulness, but AC's with low stability as well...

Necroing and quoting myself.
Wow. So many ellipses. Ahaha.

Anyways.
I just tried the RLA as a stand alone weapon against Zinaida [EX Arena] and found out some stuff.
- Its firing rate is way much better that RL. We're lucky it has a magazine [reload time is more or less 2 seconds].
- It needs 15 more shots to actually work as stand alone.
- When using an RLA as a main weapon, follow with your secondary weapon only after every 3 shots during the magazine's reload time, OR switch to back weapons. Aggression increases a little, but still cannot be compared to when dual wielding with an RL.
I love the RLA, but I'm still trrying to deal with weight.... I have a lightweight AC that i had made with it I'll post sometime later on..but overall is pretty good as a weapon like serene said definitely needs good primary or secondary to be paired with it..
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
i'm not a fan of lefty RLA...

not only does it have ridiculous weight, it also has lower velocity than RL, more stray than both RL and RLA ®, and LESS stun than both of them! the only thing you'll stun with this thing is a head damaged hover tank, a feather-weight w/o a S-head/radar combo, or a reverse-joint (sorry Goat)

did i mention it has 20 less ammo than RL..?
(09-06-2011, 10:36 PM)adiyel Wrote: i'm not a fan of lefty RLA...

not only does it have ridiculous weight, it also has lower velocity than RL, more stray than both RL and RLA ®, and LESS stun than both of them! the only thing you'll stun with this thing is a head damaged hover tank, a feather-weight w/o a S-head/radar combo, or a reverse-joint (sorry Goat)

did i mention it has 20 less ammo than RL..?

I forgot to mention that I use the right-hand RLA.
The way left arms are positioned messes up everything about left-arm versions of right-arm weapons since they still have to raise and point, then shoot. I think it varies per arm, but I'm not sure.
also, FROM made it so that the left arm versions have inferior stats (but not the stats you see)
most left arm weapons just as adiyel said have slightly inferior stats compare to its left arm version in terms of spread rate and shot velocity, this is easily noticeable when comparing with the left and right arm Nix machinegun.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LR Design idea: Ever thought about 98G+left hand RLA? wanzerfreak 1 3,642 09-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LR: Left Hand Phyton Hand Railgun Jack-O 41 35,547 05-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Grim
  Best right and left hand weapon Zigg 4 6,421 01-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog