Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:39 PM
Flamethrowers
Yeah, yeah. They're junk, but do you guys have any idea what to use just in case you're forced to strap a flamethrower in for your AC? It's my favorite weapon in the AC3-AC3SL era. Combining the flamey with the chaingun at close range, it could be one of the fastest and deadliest combination killers ever, even if you're equipped with a high-performance radiator. I used to kill Ace with this kind of setup whenever I use a tank. I usually trap him whenever he gets surrounded.

Just wondering. If you're forced to use a flamey for your AC, what's a better combination for them?
Flamethrowers in LR are a special breed. They're the only weapons that disprove the statement "its better than nothing" because you're better off with nothing on one hand rather than a flamethrower equiped on it. Think about it, ditching the flamethrower would give you a rather nice speed boost considering their weight. They do crap damage with poor attack heat and effective range.

The verdict: Leave it in the garage.

If you're forced to carry them, equip something that'll give you as much endurance as possible like the PIXIE3 or RL on the opposing hand and drop the glorified cigarette lighter.
@ Leperman's Post:
Amen to that. LOL

We used dual flamethrowers (ONLY) against each other in a tank match. Actually nothing happened lol.

I wish I had a digi-cam, so I could have recorded that retarded match. Rofl
I dunno if you've seen <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6X-9HYORqs' target='_blank'>this vid</a> Bert, but it's one of Leperman, NiX, maitreya and I in a four-way battle. With flamethrowers. And Gulls. And Kujakus.

Yes, it was pretty retarded indeed.

Flamethrowers are leet though. Don't you let people mislead you. They're the best weapons in the game. Flamethrower

Not.
Lightweight & quick frame + Short range weapons, that will be my setup if i'm forced to use one.

There was one excercise in Ninebreaker where i was able to use Dual Flamethrower's in it's full potential.

Well I use them on some tym, the Flamethrower's are weak in attack power, but the heat can make up on the weapon, and also add the Coral napalm rocket, to burn an AC to death(Note: use this only on a weak radiaor)
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
I don't mean to spam but...

LOL.
<!--QuoteBegin-Jack-O+April 29, 2007 07:05 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Jack-O @ April 29, 2007 07:05 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well I use them on some tym, the Flamethrower's are weak in attack power, but the heat can make up on the weapon, and also add the Coral napalm rocket, to burn an AC to death(Note: use this only on a weak radiaor) [/quote:20a159c0ae]
I once took out an AI with a GachiNichi combo...
Tsamba lang...

But it is possible to defeat someone with Flamethrowers, kaso nga lang, it will take time and also, some AI have PLUS or OP-I...
So flamethrowers aren't really applicable to most opponents...
Added that they require you to come close resulting to suicide...

If you want heated pluses...
Large Missile Weapons arme FTW!
'Signatures are overrated.'
<!--QuoteBegin-Serene+April 30, 2007 09:10 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Serene @ April 30, 2007 09:10 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I once took out an AI with a GachiNichi combo...
Tsamba lang...

But it is possible to defeat someone with Flamethrowers, kaso nga lang, it will take time and also, some AI have PLUS or OP-I...
So flamethrowers aren't really applicable to most opponents...
Added that they require you to come close resulting to suicide...

If you want heated pluses...
Large Missile Weapons arme FTW!
[/quote:4c9345df25]

ROFL.

Now that reminds me of Heavenflame's videos. She tricked someone using Large Missles Arms in a blade match lol.
Put it this way: We were already running GULL/KUJAKU/ and first radiator while being DOUBLE-flamethrowered WHILE BOOSTING and yet it STILL wasn't that bad.
... But maybe combining them with a high-powered chaingun would be deadly like from the AC3-AC3SL era, considering that you would be able to HIT them continuously.

The problem is, tanks have been nerfed here at Last Raven, and I don't really use human plus so... flamethrowers are pretty useless now rofl.

Though I'm still finding the best weapon setup when forced to equip one... and yes, it's true what Leperman said, that equipping nothing in the arm is actually better than having a flamethrower.

BTW, I'd like to quote something:

<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+April 29, 2007 11:33 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (NiX @ April 29, 2007 11:33 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I don't mean to spam but...

LOL.[/quote:f067cdaccd]
Even if you're trying to spam here with a worthless post, it actually makes sense. FLAMERS ARE WORTHLESS ROFL.
They made them too realistic thats why its useless.
i got their purpose... its so yyou got something to hide the blade you got hangered under it. thats all.
Flamethrowers, like all close range and melee weapons you have to get close to your opponent fast.

An AC with high mobility with OB function combined with stunner weapons such as bazookas and grenade launchers. These weapons not only do a stunning effect, they also have high attack heat.

Most of the players disregard this weapon due to its limited range and it has no weapon lock. But to a skilled player I can be deadly.

I fought an AC using a flamethrower. Once he fired the flamethrower at close range it blocks most of my view on the screen. High temperature/Overheat will eventually drain power and you know what comes next. Its probably one of the advantages when using this weapon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flamethrowers Black Dragon 17 17,734 12-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Last Post: NiX